Tim Henman

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Tim Henman
Date: June 29, 2004 10:31PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Along with my mum, I'm a great fan of tennis. Apart from F1, it's my favourite sport. There isn't usually a week that goes by during the summer where my mum and me don't go down to the courts for a set or two. So you can imagine how exited we are when Wimbledon comes on.

We always cheer for Henman every year, being the same nationality, he's "our man". He's never quite got it all together though. Very much like DC in F1. However, the match he played on Monday against Phillipoussis (spelling?) was one of his best ever.

Has he finally moved up a gear and ready to fight for the title?

P.S. (Andy Roddick (spelling again?) is my favourite player. Reminds me of JV in the way he goes about things.)

P.P.S. (Hope you like the new sig. I'm planning to keep this one for a while lol.)

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2004 10:33PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Re: Tim Henman
Date: June 29, 2004 10:43PM
Posted by: six degrees
I can't stand Tim Henman at all... dunno why, he's just never come across very well... plus I don't really rate him that much (altho he did play well against phillypoosis)

guess that's odd considering I'm english an' all :/
Date: June 29, 2004 11:29PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
He's an alright guy from what i've seen but suffers a bit in some peoples opinions because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Would be good if he could finally win Wimbledon, doubt theres any players who haven't won it with a better record there than him.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 30, 2004 01:31AM
Posted by: Muks_C
Mark Fillyplatypuss' girlfriend is the bird from neighbours, forgot her name, the one who is a singer. the cameras were focusing on her in the crowd.

i don't really like Tim He-Man either. he's always looks very smug. and i hate the way sue barker gushes about him at every opportunity. didn't he have 2 tennis courts to play on when he was a kid?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 30, 2004 01:34AM
Posted by: Vader
If yes, is that his fault?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 30, 2004 01:38AM
Posted by: Orpheus
Henman is a good player but he wont get past Federer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 30, 2004 01:39AM
yes its his fault.

shouldn't he be 5x world champion with 2 tennis courts when he was a kid then?

Date: June 30, 2004 01:40AM
he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth

that must have been painful for his mother!

Date: June 30, 2004 01:42AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
I think he did Muks, but no Vader you can't help what your born into. Not Henmans fault that to get into a sport like Tennis in the first place you need a lot of equipment that costs a lot of money if your going to do it properly, not to mention the coaching.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 30, 2004 02:23AM
Posted by: Zcott
A friend of mine is moving to London in September, and she has regular access to tennis courts.......at Buckingham Palace. Not bad, I'd say!

Date: June 30, 2004 07:10AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
if i had access to tennis courts @ buckurham pallace id hit a ball through the window :P
Date: June 30, 2004 07:33AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
.....hehe?
Date: June 30, 2004 01:36PM
Posted by: matthewp
shouldn't he be 5x world champion with 2 tennis courts when he was a kid then?

would be quite difficult to acheive that due to the lack of a world championship, and anyway other people may not have had 2 tennis courts but they would have played just as much as him so thats irrelevant

Date: June 30, 2004 01:38PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I'll be surprised if Henmen wins a place in the semi-final today. Good luck to him though.

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 30, 2004 02:01PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

Mark Fillyplatypuss, god hes bad, so is the other aussie wtf is his name.. leyton Hewit. man i want to punch him in the face.

Pat rafter has been the only decent aussie player (of late) if u ask me.

other than those thing i said above, i dont konw squat about tennis.

Date: June 30, 2004 02:04PM
Steve Morse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if i had access to tennis courts @ buckurham
> pallace id hit a ball through the window :P
>

Two spelling mistakes there. It should read:

If I had access to tennis courts @ BUCKINGHAM PALACE I'd hit the ball through a WINDSOR.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2004 02:05PM by Vader.
Date: June 30, 2004 02:15PM
korn how can u say phillipousis or hewitt are @#$%&? sure pat rafter was better both in terms of tennis ability and general personality, but philippousis and hewitt are both damn good players!
Date: June 30, 2004 02:19PM
Posted by: mortal
If I had access to tennis courts @ BUCKINGHAM PALACE I'd hit the ball through a WINDSOR. Now thats funny :) Which Windsor? Phil? Liz?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 30, 2004 02:28PM
The question is, would Steve Morse have the BALLS to do it anyway? :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 30, 2004 02:34PM
lol Vader at least you had the effort to bother pointing out how dumb a statement it was :P I could only muster up a ..hehe!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy