Re: GAA
Date: June 29, 2004 12:46AM
Posted by: Vader
In the age of piercing nails through your willy aren't that special. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 29, 2004 12:52AM
Posted by: HaGGiS
I'm not quite understanding that Vader?!

Do ya mean 'In the age of piercing nails through your willy you aren't that special.'

Or 'In the age of piercing nails through your willy, it isn't that special.'

Or, something else?!

Yours quizzically

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 29, 2004 01:20AM
Posted by: Muks_C
what does GAA stand for?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 29, 2004 01:39AM
Posted by: Zcott
GAAGAAGOOGOO.

Baby speak.

Date: June 29, 2004 01:40PM
Posted by: Orpheus
GAA = Gaelic Athletic Association

i rather stick 10 nails in you know where than watch hurling.

says the man who never saw a hurling match in his life......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: June 29, 2004 01:42PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i seen it in the olympics. where they throw the round things across the ice and the other team mates sweep the floor to get extra length on the shot.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 29, 2004 02:00PM
Posted by: Vader
HaGGiS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not quite understanding that Vader?!
>
> Do ya mean 'In the age of piercing nails through
> your willy you aren't that special.'
>
> Or .'
>
> Or, something else?!
>
> Yours quizzically
>

In the age of "piercing", nails through your willy aren't that special. :p

rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i seen it in the olympics. where they throw the
> round things across the ice and the other team
> mates sweep the floor to get extra length on the
> shot.
>

That's CURLING, not hurling.

HURLING

CURLING

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2004 02:04PM by Vader.
Date: June 29, 2004 02:16PM
[rds.yahoo.com]*-

Hurling is a game similar to hockey, in that it is played with a small ball and a curved wooden stick. It is Europe's oldest field game. When the Celts came to Ireland as the last ice age was receding, they brought with them a unique culture, their own language, music, script and unique pastimes. One of these pastimes was a game now called hurling. It features in Irish folklore to illustrate the deeds of heroic mystical figures and it is chronicled as a distinct Irish pastime for at least 2,000 years.
The stick, or "hurley" (called camán in Irish) is curved outwards at the end, to provide the striking surface. The ball or "sliothar" is similar in size to a hockey ball but has raised ridges.

Hurling is played on a pitch approximately 137m long and 82m wide. The goalposts are the same shape as on a rugby pitch, with the crossbar lower than a rugby one and slightly higher than a soccer one.

You may strike the ball on the ground, or in the air. Unlike hockey, you may pick up the ball with your hurley and carry it for not more than four steps in the hand. After those steps you may bounce the ball on the hurley and back to the hand, but you are forbidden to catch the ball more than twice. To get around this, one of the skills is running with the ball balanced on the hurley To score, you put the ball over the crossbar with the hurley or under the crossbar and into the net by the hurley for a goal, the latter being the equivalent of three points.

Each team consists of fifteen players, lining out as follows: 1 goalkeeper, three full-backs, three half-backs, two midfielders, three half-forwards and three full-forwards. The actual line out on the playing field is as follows:

Goalkeeper

Right corner-back Full-back Left corner-back
Right half-back Centre half-back Left half-back
Midfielder Midfielder
Right half-forward Centre half-forward Left half-forward
Right corner-forward Full-forward Left corner-forward

Players wear a jersey with their team colours and number on the back. Both teams must have different colour jerseys. The goalkeepers' jerseys must not be similar to the jersey of any other player. Referees normally tog out in black jerseys, socks and togs.

Goalkeepers may not be physically challenged whilst inside their own small parallelogram, but players may harass them into playing a bad pass, or block an attempted pass.

Teams are allowed a maximum of three substitutes in a game. Players may switch positions on the field of play as much as they wish but this is usually on the instructions of team officials.

Officials for a game comprise of a referee, two linesmen (to indicate when the ball leaves the field of play at the side and to mark '65'' free kicks and 4 umpires (to signal scores, assist the referee in controlling the games, and to assist linesmen in positioning ''65' frees).

A goal is signalled by raising a green flag, placed to the left of the goal. A point is signalled by raising a white flag, placed to the right of goal. A '45'/'65' is signalled by the umpire raising his/her outside arm. A 'square ball', when a player scores having arrived in the 'square' prior to receiving the ball, is signalled by pointing at the small parallelogram.

edited the img tags. Don't know what's wrong with them, though. Have a look yourself, Orpheus. | Vader

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2004 08:53PM by Vader.
Date: June 29, 2004 02:27PM
id still rather stick 10 nails into you know where.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 29, 2004 02:31PM
at this stage, id rather u did :)

Date: June 29, 2004 03:06PM
lol :) each to their own. i love rugby btw but ccchurling looks dangerous imo.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 29, 2004 03:32PM
it is thats the whole buzz of it, men with sticks and hyped up by their coaches ready to let loose. There is a hurler on the cork team called Diarmuid o Sullivan and he is massive, as strong as a bull and all the sork supporters did all match was keep singing to the fella he was marking was, Sullys gonna get ya sullys gonna get ya.... and then in the 2nd half there was a big fight with 5 or 6 players smacking each other with sticks in the face and everything. and only one fella got sent off :D

Date: June 29, 2004 04:05PM
thats not sport imo. thats barbarianism. dont call it a sport if everyone just has a fight. rugby is different in that you can legitamately ruck a player out of a scrum if he is lying on top of the ball but you cannot do oit indiscriminantly or you will get done for it, i.e. shaw, the english back row forward who was kneeing keith robinson, in the all blacks match, and he got a red card for it.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 29, 2004 07:32PM
before you comment about it not being a sport, watch the munster final on sky sports and then ull realise its the best sport in the world by far

Date: June 29, 2004 08:30PM
as i said, each to their own. personally mine is f1 then rugby a close second.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 29, 2004 08:40PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
and then in the 2nd half there was a big fight with 5 or 6 players smacking each other with sticks in the face and everything. and only one fella got sent off :D

I'll pass after that comment thanks :-\

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 29, 2004 09:13PM
exactly.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 29, 2004 11:24PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
rofl at whoever thought hurling was curling!!! :D

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: June 29, 2004 11:27PM
i know what a clown that guy is :) hah rofl! :)

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 30, 2004 01:28AM
i said, each to their own. personally mine is f1 then rugby a close second.

i dont want to linger on this point and all but how can u have an opinion about it if u havent even watched 5 mins never mind a whole match :|

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy