Help Needed!!!!

Posted by gap177 
Help Needed!!!!
Date: June 19, 2004 10:21PM
Posted by: gap177
Guys,,,,,,,,,,,PC was working fine until this morning.Tried to play GP4 and whamo-my PC rebooted.Also tried the other games as well(Call of Duty,Gp500 and NHL2004),and they cause my PC to reboot as well.Now I'm thinking that I have picked up a virus so I tried to check with McAffee and it rebooted the pc as well.I then D/L a McAffee Stinger Tool and ran it but it found no viruses.I can use windows no problem other than it seem s a little slower than usual.Could this be related to the security flaw within DX9 as reported by Microsoft earlier in the week?Things I have tried:updated windows with the DX9 fix,and tried restoring the PC to yesterday as this was the last time any games ran on my PC-No Luck there either.Any advice would be much appreciated.

System:P4@1.7,512RAM,Gforce2mx400(<-I know-i need a new vid card),SBLive,Win XP Home

Thanks

Glenn(Cdn)
Re: Help Needed!!!!
Date: June 19, 2004 10:27PM
Posted by: _tux_
start -> right click my computer -> properties -> advanced -> (in the startup and recovery box) settings -> untick automaticly restart

go play a game, get a digi camera or pen and paper and take a photo or write down what the blue screen sais
Date: June 19, 2004 10:27PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
has your processor fan stopped working? open it to find out. if so replace it quick! otherwise your processor will fry!

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 19, 2004 10:28PM
Posted by: Vader
Are you sure your hardware is okay?

If the PC boots during games but runs fine under normal windows, it might be a problem with overheating or a faulty PSU.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 19, 2004 10:44PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak
Help Needed!!!!

ill go get the straight jacket

Date: June 19, 2004 10:48PM
@_tux_: tried that and it still caused the pc to reboot

@rapid_f1: opened up the pc-fan is running

@Vader: I just replaced the PSU about a month ago so it shouldnt be that.

How can i check if the pc is overheating?

Thanks guys,,,,,,,,,,,much appreciated

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: June 19, 2004 10:53PM
Posted by: markko
Well its not Windows making it reboot then. It must be hardware.

Maybe the fact you having a new PSU could actually cause it. Maybe the PSU is giving up the ghost.
Date: June 19, 2004 10:54PM
" @_tux_: tried that and it still caused the pc to reboot "

its ure power suply
Date: June 19, 2004 10:56PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Check your psu voltages (I think its a 5v line and a 12v line - if the voltages stated in bios are not really really close to that, then it could be the psu.

Otherwise, it does sound like your cpu is overheating, but that's a bit odd tbh - can you try uninstalling the dx9 update? (dx destroyer or something)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: June 19, 2004 11:00PM
yeah, overheating cpu will reboot it (wouldnt it make more sence to turn it off instead of rebooting? :P)
Date: June 19, 2004 11:08PM
@korn Freak : LOL,yup i'm gonna need one of those shortly.

Ok,,,,I will check into the other stuff later guys.Gonna put a steak on the BBQ and have a few beers and pretend that this isnt happening......lol.

Thanks guys.

Glenn(Cdn)
Date: June 19, 2004 11:15PM
bbq???? its 10pm :-o :P
Date: June 19, 2004 11:51PM
Posted by: Vader
Cool - I had spare ribs and chicken wings on my BBQ today. Want to come over for a beer? ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: June 20, 2004 12:29AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
u should donate the spare ribs you got vader. so others can benefit and have a good life also.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 20, 2004 02:14AM
donate them to me! im hungry :)
Date: June 20, 2004 01:00PM

LOL jon! when are you not?

Marinated chicken wings are just so good on the barbie, specially when they been burnt to hell and back... hmmmmmmm *droolz* i had a bbq a month or so ago invited some friends over, i ate about a kilo of chicken wings myself :D we had 2 kilos.

and a time before work once, i was hungry and we have a kilo left over from a different BBQ so i cooked them and ate them all :D

Date: June 20, 2004 09:31PM
Posted by: Glyn
You fat ******* :P

Date: June 20, 2004 09:35PM

hey i have have a smallish fat gut on me, but according to all the stats about my body im as healthy as as somone who eats healthy and DOES excersise. i do neither, incase ure wondering i had to goto hospital for an unrelated matter and they took all my stats height weight etc and im all normal..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy