EURO 2004: Official Thread

Posted by Pooky 
Re: EURO 2004: Official Thread
Date: July 01, 2004 08:59PM
Posted by: sasjag
C'mon u [insert name of match winner as i really dont care]!!!!

edit: jus found out Villa may be getting Drobny, come on u Czech's!!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2004 09:03PM by sasjag.
Date: July 01, 2004 09:02PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Chris, they may be boring, I don't really care for them :)
It's just that, for years Greece has been murdered :P Like Venezuela in the WC Qualis, hehehehe. Let them win, since there's been so many upsets in worldwide footy as of late, and plus, I dislike Cristiano Ronaldo, Felipao, and don't want the Czechs to win (as well as Portugal ;)).

Hehe
Date: July 01, 2004 11:03PM
Posted by: Vader
Congratulations to Greece! What an unexpected victory. The Czech team had been one of the best teams in this Euro so far, only today they were very weak. Greece somehow deserved the victory. So now the last game of the Euro will be the same as first game, too. Very exciting.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 01, 2004 11:15PM
Posted by: HaGGiS
Well done to Greece, did what they set out to do, strangled the Czechs and just worked and worked. Could almost see the goal coming in the extra time though. Still, they are crap to watch and i'd much rather it had been Czech Republic v Portugal in the final, as it is we can expect another 'strategical' game. Rather be watching two teams who hadn't already met before too.

I wouldn't agree that the Czechs were very weak tonight Vader, they didn't play as well as they have but that's partly down to the man marking jobs down on Baros and Koller. They were the more adventurous side and had some very good chances, more than Greece did anyway.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: July 01, 2004 11:19PM
Posted by: matthewp
yep Greece did well but the prospect of two of the most attacking teams in the tournament going all out in the final is gone and now it'll be another bore

Date: July 01, 2004 11:19PM
Maybe I am a bit biased, since Otto Rehagel has always been one of my favourite coaches.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 02, 2004 12:23AM
Posted by: Red Sam
So who will win?

Greece have beaten Portugal, France and Czech Republic on the way to the final, but Portugal have been strong since the first game...

I cant call it either way, except I have a feeling that Greece may be getting tired going so far, and that Portugal will know how they play, and will play better as a result.

Hope Greece win though!

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: July 02, 2004 12:35AM
Think Portugal will win it, the momentum has been building and building as it so often does with the host country and I don't see Greece beating them(again). But then again I didn't expect them to beat the Czech Republic or Portugal. Hope Greece win though, i like supporting the underdogs.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: July 02, 2004 12:35AM
Posted by: Orpheus
Maybe I am a bit biased, since Otto Rehagel has always been one of my favourite coaches. from what ive been reading on the papers, he seems a right twat who thinks hes great....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: July 02, 2004 12:43AM
Posted by: cynic
I guess I want Portugal to win, seeing as Gene Hackman is my favourite football coach;-):

Date: July 02, 2004 01:29AM
:P!!!

Portugal will win, simply because Greece sucks. They got lucky so far, but going to overtime tires a team. They will need extra luck, given they will be tired.

Dammit :P
Date: July 02, 2004 01:45AM
You are reading the wrong papers, Orpheus. Rehagel is a very funny and witty person. Maybe he comes across different when he talks English (if he does) but he has been coach for so many years now that he knows megalomania is the worst thing that could happen to him and his team. Actaully he's a very down to Earth person. Tongue in cheek maybe, but a very straight forward person. Anyway, he speaks a piece of mind and gives a fúck about what all these corrupt officials of the German football association think or say.

I don't even think Greece sucks - no team that has beaten Portugal, France and the Czech Republic and made its way to the finals can be bad. They may not be wizards with th eball and they may play old fashioned football, but they did not just have luck. Their advantage is that they are a team rather than a bunch of stars that cannot work together (like Holland).

Greece do have a chance to win the final. The pressure is on Portugal. They have to win against Greece for 3 reasons:

1. They are the Favourites and thus have to win.
2. Everybody in Portugal expects them to win the final at home.
3. They must retaliate upon Greece for the defeat at the inaugural match.

Greece, however, has nothing to lose. We will see if Portugal is strong enough or will get nervous in the finals and crack under pressure. I say, nothing has been decided yet, apart from the fact that for the first time in the history of Euro and World Cup a team with a foreign coach will win the cup. :)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2004 01:48AM by Vader.
Date: July 02, 2004 01:46AM
How lucky can you be though? Are you saying that drawing with Spain, beating Portugal, France and Czech Republic was all down to luck?!

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: July 02, 2004 01:54AM
Posted by: jginete
i guess not. Portugal is wy stronger now than it was before...

greece have the best defense of the championship, but portugal are veeery close.

Besides, there's no pressure in here, there's support

since we won to spain, every game we win will flood the streets with people celebrating, and that's not bad!

Date: July 02, 2004 02:02AM
Portugal is officially illegal now. They are not allowed to win.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 02, 2004 02:10AM
Date: July 02, 2004 02:24AM
Posted by: jginete
no, we've been illegal for a long time! i demand we declare greece illegal!!! ;)

Date: July 02, 2004 02:33AM
Posted by: norseS4
Good job Greece, you keep on stunning me... The shots on goal statistic after the match showed 5-5.. But what a difference in the Greek team from 2nd half to 1st extra.... I honestly think they fully deserved the win today, as I think they did against France. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the final!!!!

Date: July 02, 2004 04:57AM
Yea i thought they were the better side in extra time. It was 16-9 to Czech Republic for total shots on goal norse.

"No it's not a skirt"
Date: July 02, 2004 01:47PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Argh they're so dull to watch. Ah well. I expect \portugal to win tbh, the first game was a different side - they're 3x as good now as back then. Plus I think Greece will be tired. I'd like to see Portugal win I think, they've really upped their game so much, and are now the best team in the tournament imo.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy