The reason hehind your forum name.........................

Posted by LS. 
Gui ->Guilherme, my first name
Mengo ->Flamengo, Mengo being one of it's nicknames. My football team.

I used get paid fivers for cutting twigs off trees, using an over ambitious clippers called "loppers" However, i could get over ambitious myself, and after hacking a few trees to bits (and making shite of the loppers, my dad called me "A MAD LOPPER";(well a mad fffing lopper actually :) )
Since then i have always used The Lopper as a nickname, first of all in Falcon 4.0, a fighter sim game for the pc. Although nobody actually calls me that. Most people call me either Owen, or "Hikie"

Great explanation, Vader...

100% correct about the X

-----------------------------------------------------

Mine is simple, my favourite song from my favourite band. But the lyrics fit with my way of life. I think we're gonna make it, I think we're gonna save it. So don't you try and fake it.

But one day, Vader came up with the story of the 'real' Buck Rogers. And now it suits me even more. Because when I'm gonna be a big boy, I also would like to be a spacehero. I've heard they've got great cake over there.
you'll need an annoying little friend as well then :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
I thought that people rhyming make it, break it, fake it or take it would get shot on the spot - like those who come up with lines with dance and romance or maybe and baby. ;);)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Oooooh...
Well, you can't ever accuse feeder of having inspirational or even deep meaning lyrics, but they do make good music, I kinda see them as the closest to Britpop we have these days - songs like just a day, buck rogers, my perfect day etc. Love them....but not like i love the libertines or beatles, or the kinks.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
The Kinks? Lola and cherry cola isn't any better. ;)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
well ive just used it since i joined the Gpx comunity in 96/7, so i kept it wherever ive registered in the comunity basically, boring, i know ;)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2004 11:52PM by andrew_S.
Mine is: 1:Norse= 'cause I'm Norwegian
2: S4 = My pride and joy is an Audi S4.....There it is..
scene: bart on stage homer gives him cards to read to Mr Burns

BART : ....Mr Burns
HOMER : it's KURNS YOU IDIOT
MARGE : no its not
HOMER : disregard

ooOoh he card read good ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a cynical old sod!

cynic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just a cynical old sod!

I like that attitude! Kinda the same reason I still use the same forum name I have always used. It came into being in an entirely different way though.

Back in the 80'ies, I was seriously hooked on computer gaming, just as I am now. Things where a bit different back then. 16 colours was EGA and hot, and 256 colours was VGA and really damn hot (anyone remember XGA?). The computer I used had CGA (fewer colours than are available to the colour blind). Such was that day and age; hardware and software restrictions that fill us with wonder and mirth today.

One of those restrictions was the 8 characters reserved for your name in high score lists and player profiles (it once was 3!!). That restriction can still be found in a few games today, and it was still widespread in the 90'ies.

At that point in time, I was cursed (or blessed if you like) with a horrid revelation. Disturbing, relentless and truely world shattering. That revelation was Metal. Music of course. Stuff like Slayer, King Diamond, Morbid Angel and so forth. Back then, my alter ego, a "fictional" character that pops up in all sorts of places and guises, was created. He has even frequented this forum. Slayerton Gutberg is his name. A shady and devious character that would rule colonial empires in Sid Meyer's colonization, hunt down pesky alliance craft in Tie Fighter, chase ghosts in PacMan, or appear in a red triplane over the trenches of Verdun during WWI with impunity. The idea was to strike as much fear into my digital adversaries as possible, even though they only consisted of strings 0's and 1's (multiplayer was still something that was done hotseat or split screen back then).

However, since Slayerton Gutberg was only an agent and a manifestation of a higher force and dark will, Slayerton needed a handler. Also Slayerton Gutberg is far to many characters to fit into games with the old 8 character restriction. Shorting it down to Slayer (which gave was the band whose music was the original inspiration together with Stephen Kings "The Stand" - english unabridged version - over 1000 pages!!), would be doing a cheap rip-off.

However, I could reverse the naming process, entering a name longer than 8 characters and let it be cut short automatically, instead of lengthing a 8 character name of a band. So taking Morbid Angel and putting it in there, I got Morbid A, which anyone can see is not useful, no matter how you present it (beware of the the scheming all-powerful dark and foul Morbid A?!? Yeah right!!). So it became even shorter. And thus I had created the character, the handler, the evil driving force, the puppeteer of Slayerton - the grand schemer and mastermind.

Morbid. That is I. Morbid till I die!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2004 01:42AM by Morbid.
some girl took my mongoose email and called me fongumongu......then i dropped the mongu and became fongu......... man i'm glad thats not a song!

Feel the drama ;)
i started with Avril, then i subsituted an M for the V and then added some extra letters, i scrambled them up randomly and came out with Mysticalcrayon

so there ya go
what was the reason behind tux' last name?

dumass??

ps: or am i a dumass for not getting it?;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2004 12:10PM by Pooky.
I also always use this name :)
It's short for the name of one of my bands.

@Morbid:
of course i remember XGA etc.
I had to convince my parents to buy a 8086 when it came out. which was really hard, because they were very very expensive back then. but my dad also thought it was kinda cool so in the end he bought it.
it had CGA (oh the pink and cyan was ugly :P) and no hard drive.
later i saved 'some' money so i could buy one of the first HDD's available. it was a 15 MB ;)

To get back to the name i'm using...
I always wanted to play in a band so i already had a name. I tried to start a band with some guys in 89 or 90, but the were losers, and every practise i wanted to smash my guitar on their heads :P
finally in 93 it worked.. i found a drummer which was really great at drumming (still is, but he's an arse)
anyway.. i finally could use the name. in 94 we all decided to use that name and stick with it. then there were lots and lots of problems, but i refused to quit although i was forced. i kept on going till today. the 'short name' grew on me. it represents my will to continue, and that i can't quit stuff. unfortunatly the band is as good as dead. we're going to kill it on may 22nd. the last concert, but i'll keep these 3 letters from it :)

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Wanted something to reflect my nationality and I've used it for years as an alias for online gaming.

"No it's not a skirt"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy