Oscars

Posted by jginete 
Oscars
Date: March 01, 2004 04:49AM
Posted by: jginete
Billy Crystal rocks... he was hilarious last night ;)

LOTR won 5632 oscars... wait... 5633 now.

5634? ok

Anyway, i think it won more oscars than it deserved. it was NOT the best 2003 movie nor the best picture (that would be Eduardo Serra)

anyway, it was a great night:)

Re: Oscars
Date: March 01, 2004 04:58AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
you sound as if you went :P

yeah Billy Crystal was awesome, very funny man :)

LOTR was rightfully matched with Titanic and Ben Hurr in my opinion. It's the type of movie which will kinda live on forever as a benchmark, similar to the other two.

Date: March 01, 2004 05:29AM
Posted by: b-tone
didn't watch much, but well done peter :)

the american hosting that i saw was awful. and 12 min ad breaks every 18 seconds :|

____
Tony

Date: March 01, 2004 05:45AM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i didnt watch it, and I never (probably) will.

good news about LOTR3 tho :)

Date: March 01, 2004 06:26AM
i saw it (and i'm not going to school today as far as i'm laaaaaazy) and it was ridiculous. they delivered 2 oscars and they had a 10 minute break... 4 hours of that...

it was worth it anyway ;)

Date: March 01, 2004 06:31AM
Posted by: Orpheus
i think it is a total sham for Titanic to be up there with Ben Hur. No film can ever come near that masterpiece. But LOTR 3 deserves to be next in line :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 01, 2004 07:21AM
Posted by: ralv585
they were giving out awards for "achievement" in sound editing and best use of a hairdryer in an adapted screenplay, it was crazy, had to nearly four hours to see if Mr Depp could steal the best actor award, dissapointed he didnt get it.
Date: March 01, 2004 08:24AM
i believe the best actress in a leading role has been the fairest oscar to be delivered.

Charlize Theron deserved it.

My friend, Steve Warren, my lawyer, thank you so much. Yes, I know. He's my friend.

LOL she was certainly the first oscar winner to thank her lawyer ;)

Date: March 01, 2004 09:08AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Whats Ben Hurr? :)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 01, 2004 09:28AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
*groan* you young'uns, don't know you were born!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 01, 2004 09:30AM

LOL

whats ben hur

LOL

never seen it myself tho, but i do know what it is

Date: March 01, 2004 09:32AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Well I've never heard of it. :(

*Googles*

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: March 01, 2004 11:01AM
Posted by: Orpheus
OMG the best film ever made and you never heard of it :| go find it on google, buy it and watch it..... oh and before you watch it, make sure you have a comfortable chair cos its about 5 hours long :P :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 01, 2004 11:20AM

yeah I dont think ill be doing that Orpheus :)

Date: March 01, 2004 11:24AM
Posted by: Vader
Ben Hur is great, still - since Bowling For Columbine I don't really like Mr. "You-can't-throw-me-to-the-lions-I'm-Charlton-Heston" anymore.

LOTR 3 did win the oscars part 1 and 2 didn't win, so after all it's only about 4 oscars per movie. Though as much as I love the LOTR books and as much as I like the movies, I still wish Mr. Jackson would go back to his roots and make Bad Taste 2. :p

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 01, 2004 11:25AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Ben hur is an immense film!

Although i prefer forest gump ;)

Post Edited (03-01-04 18:36)
Date: March 01, 2004 11:30AM
Posted by: Vader
I prefer Ben Hur with only 1 "r".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 01, 2004 11:43AM
LOL

as you know vader, i don't like LOTR but i think they deserved almost all the oscars they got.

Date: March 01, 2004 11:50AM
Posted by: Guimengo
The OSCARs are overrated and don't really award the best. They are too biased, and utmostly they give awards to movies/people who have been around long enough.

ex:

LotR - the last one of the series, so why not just give it all to it? Since it didn't win in previous years.

best movie should have been Mystic River, or maybe City of God (I'm Brazilian, what do you expect?! :)).

and about best actress, the trend is: The uglier you can get, the more chances of winning you have :)

I have much more respect for the Cannes awards, and also the Silver Bear (I think).

Date: March 01, 2004 12:51PM
I son't agree. Oscars are great not only because of the awards but mainly because of the cerimony itself. Where else would you see Angelina Jolie with that dress? ;)
However, i still agree with the awards (with the ones i saw).

Cidade de Deus... it's a wonderful movie, but, as Tom Cruise said, it is a low budget movie, while LOTR is a huge production, with lots of costs. However, i think that it deserved at least one oscar.

But that's just me ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy