GPL Sillyness #2

Posted by Glyn 
GPL Sillyness #2
Date: January 24, 2004 08:59AM
Posted by: Glyn
When your mum comes up stairs with jammy dodgers and a cup of tea, you cant really say no can you? The only problem being we were just about to start a game of GPL - this should be fun.

Luckly, having a clutch pedal meant I didn't make a complete hash of the start, but changing up the gears and controlling the oversteer was a problem with a boiling hot cup of tea in your hand.

On the way to the first corner, my worst nightmares came true. Spinning and hitting the wall caused the wheel to jolt, sloshing tea all over my mouse pad. Its already had various other drinks spilt on it so I wasn't too bothered.

Later on in the race Sim went side by side with me round 2 corners, and down hanger straight. They say Masta at Spa is a hairy corner - you should try going side by side drinking a cup of tea!

Anyway, from this I have concluded that if Ellis NASCAR track is to be any good, but must feature a straight long enough to take a sip of tea, because Hanger Straight is about 100 metres too short.

Re: GPL Sillyness #2
Date: January 24, 2004 09:03AM
Posted by: sasjag
lmao:P was a good couple of races tho!

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 24, 2004 09:07AM
Posted by: ralphi
ROFLMAO!!

Date: January 24, 2004 10:11AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
yeah some good races there!

Date: January 24, 2004 02:02PM
Posted by: Ellis
Anyway, from this I have concluded that if Ellis NASCAR track is to be any good, but must feature a straight long enough to take a sip of tea, because Hanger Straight is about 100 metres too short.

I doubt my fictional track is going to be long enough, depending on what speed your doing, but Knockhill will not be long enough :P 50 second lap times in an IROC cr with no elevation yet :P

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 24, 2004 02:04PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Bloody hell Glyn! I take my hat off to you! :)

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: January 24, 2004 03:05PM
Posted by: gav
I was in the middle of an online race once, at Kyalami, just starting the straight, about half a second behind my long time rival, and my mobile went off...

...being the considerate bastard I am, I answered it, as changing up gears with my right hand was fine... about 100 metres from the braking area, and I realised that I was gonna struggle to change down gears...

I swerved to the right to avoid the other guy, stamped on everything, ended up going backwards past him, and hit the wall...

"I'll call you back later, OK?"
Date: January 24, 2004 09:45PM
Posted by: mortal
I know the feeling, what about the fingers from the sticky bun tho ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 25, 2004 04:15AM
Posted by: Glyn
LOL Gav... Matt did exactly the same thing in VT at Castle Combe. Considering he was on the phone, he was only loosing around 7 tenths a lap.

Date: January 25, 2004 04:20AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Well, I did the mobile phone thingy, but on F1C qualify lap, and race :D

Date: January 25, 2004 05:00AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
that was hilarious gui :)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 25, 2004 06:21AM
Posted by: matthewp
I was in the middle of an online race once, at Kyalami, just starting the straight, about half a second behind my long time rival, and my mobile went off...

...being the considerate bastard I am, I answered it, as changing up gears with my right hand was fine... about 100 metres from the braking area, and I realised that I was gonna struggle to change down gears...

I swerved to the right to avoid the other guy, stamped on everything, ended up going backwards past him, and hit the wall...

yeah as Glyn said I did that for about 4 laps at Castle Combe in the VT race :) I just moved my right hand over to the left paddle to downshift, wasnt easy though lol

Date: January 26, 2004 06:47AM
Posted by: Will Parish
LOL Glyn!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy