BRUNO / STEPHAN

Posted by Pooky 
Re: BRUNO / STEPHAN
Date: January 06, 2004 04:24PM
Posted by: Ellis
i think LS is on the right track. tbh i think we need to drop this "good spam is ok" sh!t coz thats most of our problems.

There is no such thing as good spam. Is just some people cant tell the difference between whats spam and whats not and they started complaining about jokes being spam, so we labeled jokes as "good spam" to help them understand, but it seems some people STILL dont know the difference

Ralphi, dont worry about the car thread, i created the thread after you posted yours. If you want, you can post it in the new car thread and i could delete your old one but its not a big deal :)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 06, 2004 04:28PM
Posted by: ralphi
If you want, you can post it in the new car thread and i could delete your old one but its not a big deal :)

yeah do that.. :) i'm feeling good and nice today so do it.. :) i already posted in that thread..

Post Edited (01-06-04 23:39)

Date: January 06, 2004 04:32PM
Done :) thanks for that Ralphi :)

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: January 06, 2004 04:46PM
Posted by: tux
"There is no such thing as good spam. Is just some people cant tell the difference between whats spam and whats not and they started complaining about jokes being spam, so we labeled jokes as "good spam" to help them understand, but it seems some people STILL dont know the difference

Ralphi, dont worry about the car thread, i created the thread after you posted yours. If you want, you can post it in the new car thread and i could delete your old one but its not a big deal"

thats what i mean :)

Date: January 06, 2004 05:22PM
Posted by: Briere
If I were an admin, I'd keep it as it is :)

and personally, I check my post count 1-2 times a week ;-) so I dont really care about it ;)

Date: January 06, 2004 06:18PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I'd get rid of them altogether :) And this is an opinion from someone completely not obsessed with postcounts....as you can probably tell from mine, if you look at it...

Does Ellis' 11,000 make him 5.5 times better than my near 2,000? I don't think so. (well i'd hope not anyway!) Because of this I feel there's no real need for it.

Seriously, the biggest point is getting rid of postcounts means people will stop all the spam. And Anze might start making threads with more than 2 unique characters in it.

I don't see any use for postcounts except to promote spam, and seeing as tho we all want that to go away, it's only logical that the post counts need to go!

Date: January 06, 2004 06:55PM
Posted by: mortal
Spamming has long been an issue here, right back to "ye olde phorum" along with sig-bloat. A lot of users, including myself, are still on dial-up and having to wade through it all can take forever ;-/ As for deleting threads as Ellis has rightly pointed out "who has the be all and end all right to decide what is and what isn't spam" without starting some all out flame war on the board because some people might actually like it. It's a tough one. Personally, I look hard at the topic header and if it looks like spam, smells like spam, feels like spam and probably tastes like spam then it more'n likely is spam :-) As for deleting threads I am loathe to step in and delete any thread and would only do so if it was blatantly racial and bigoted. This is after all an 'Off Topic" forum so it stands to reason that pretty much anything within the boundaries of reasonable taste goes. As for the post counts, you're going to get post kings wherever you go, there's always someone out there who wants to be at the top of the heap, even if the heap is nothing more than a discussion board! Maybe they don't have a life or something like that ;-) Leave it like it is, sureley it can't get much worse.....can it? Cheers mw

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 07, 2004 02:55AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I can see where you're all coming from, but seems to me Jon and Dave have 2 of the highest post counts, and no offence intended, but I know that isnt just because you've been here a long time. If we're talkking about spam, how about the thousands of 'my TPTTIC' car threads that about 6 members have posted?

Post Edited (01-07-04 10:39)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: January 07, 2004 03:34AM
Posted by: tux
yeah i agree with what mortalwombat said too :) makes sence :p

"how about the thousands of 'my TPTTXCCCSDGFSRF'"

i dont have one of those :D

Date: January 07, 2004 03:44AM
Posted by: ralphi
If we're talkking about spam, how about the thousands of 'my TPTTIC' car threads that about 6 members have posted?

ssshhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss.... it's been said to many times now. I said i was sorry.

Date: January 07, 2004 05:58AM
If we're talkking about spam, how about the thousands of 'my TPTTIC' car threads that about 6 members have posted?

I already addressed that issue. I started a "your NR2003 cars" thread, which new cars will all be posted in to stop cluttering up the forum. Any other addons can go in the other main NR2003 thread. Instead of creating enw threads, grave digging can be done for this thread if required

Date: January 07, 2004 10:37AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@ ralphi, its ok, you posted before the thread was started

I actually agree with the fact i wouldnt mind post counts going.

The spam issue is wierd, because in the old phorum, we had one forum for everything - was easy to police (well we couldnt delete threads but tell the starters not to spam e.t.c). But here in the off topic forum, as mortalwombat said, its hard to know where to draw the barriers exactly.

Course those stupid "i got 650 posts" threads should stop thou ;)

Date: January 08, 2004 09:44AM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
Amen.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: January 08, 2004 01:02PM
Posted by: Spike02
why does Kimi ring a bell? ;)

Date: January 08, 2004 01:36PM
Posted by: sasjag
i thot u were kimi then wai:@ coz i dont look at usernames, just sigs

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy