Google's doodles

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Google's doodles
Date: December 22, 2003 10:52PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Has anyone else seen google's 'happy holidays' thing? It annoys me for two reasons ; One, being the fact that it's Christmas and all agnostics and Jewish people should just deal with it, and two, that the .com.au google extension has freaking snowmen in it! Believe it or not, we have a summer around this time :@

Anyways forgive my rant, I'm fair annoyed!

Re: Google's doodles
Date: December 22, 2003 11:25PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

yeah well really who but us aussies assosiates xmas with sun?

Date: December 22, 2003 11:29PM
That's the point, so why isn't google.com.au doing it?

Date: December 22, 2003 11:47PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

dunno

they need santa with a can of VB in a white shirt shorts and thongs in the sleigh

Date: December 22, 2003 11:48PM
lol yep :P

Date: December 23, 2003 01:16AM
Posted by: Abstraction
and on the beach ;)

Andrew. Australia.
Date: December 23, 2003 02:24AM
Posted by: b-tone
yeah well really who but us aussies assosiates xmas with sun?

look east ;-)

they're probably in the freezer digging for the vb

____
Tony

Date: December 23, 2003 02:59AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
But when the other special religous events for other religions they have things for that too

I think

Date: December 23, 2003 03:28AM
Posted by: mortal
Those little guys are digging my ham out of the freezer.....I know it's in there somewhere ;-) What's that you say?.....Oh......you don't eat pork, that's great :-) more for me then.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 23, 2003 03:55AM
Posted by: jginete
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm... hammmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
i eat pork!

Date: December 23, 2003 04:00AM
Posted by: Vader
Even if these days are no Holy Days for agnostics and people from other religions, they are still holidays for them - days were they don't have to work. The western world has its traditional roots in Christianity and even if we are not all pious Christians anymore, for example our morals and values are mainly derived from Christianity. This might justify why we put the focus more on Christian festivals.

As far as I know the eight days of Chanukah - the Jewish festival of light - started December, the 20th, so they have something important to celebrrate, too right now. So incase anyone in here is Jewish, Happy Chanukah!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 23, 2003 04:10AM
so Vader, are you saying that we should simply rely on 'happy holidays' or is it important to remember these holidays are based on Christianity?

Date: December 23, 2003 04:35AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Happy Holidays is a general term, because kids are off school etc..

Date: December 23, 2003 04:51AM
yea but it's the politically correct thing now, because of all the Western non Christians having holidays through the christmas period

Date: December 23, 2003 07:18AM
Posted by: Vader
I think I misinterpreted your post, Mika.

If it's Christmas, they should say "Happy Christmas" and not just "Happy Holidays". This is a good example of where political correctness leads up to. Let me give you an example. In my ethic class we were talking about the "Golden Rule" and how you can find it in all major religions. Asking my students - just for fun - when Jesus, who is responsible for the "Golden Rule" in the bible, had lived, the answers were very disturbing. From "I think about a 1000 years ago" up to "I think he was born 300 years BC" we had it all. Can you imagine somebody (form 9, that means 14/15 years old) saying "Jesus was born 300 years BEFORE Christ"?
Christ!

Concerning snowmen and summer in Australia, even I can not change this. I could only offer to make the world turn the other way round, although I can not garantuee for anyone's safety during this short period where the earth stands still before turning into the other direction. Zero gravity can be very annyoing for you mortals. Just remember how hard life was before Newton invented gravity.

Post Edited (12-23-03 14:50)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 23, 2003 08:53AM
Posted by: jginete
Just remember how hard life was before Newton invented gravity.

ROTF!!!;););)

Date: December 23, 2003 09:03AM
Posted by: Ellis
btw, we rarely get white Xmas's :P We had some snow yesterday but its gone already. Maybe 1 in 5 x-mas's are white here, so snowmen doesnt really work here either

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 23, 2003 12:16PM
Posted by: Glyn
Its traditional though, because its winter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy