Posted by Glyn 
Re: Where's Trev
Date: September 09, 2003 06:21PM
Posted by: tux
and because its easy modded ;)

Date: September 10, 2003 02:19AM
Posted by: Glyn
I just found out the other day that a colleague of mine is Jim Rossignol's cousin! It's a small world!

It is indeed a small world. A mate of mine knows Kieron Gillen just for the record. He's the same guy who also went to PC Zone for work experience, much to the delight of Kieron it has to be said :)

Date: September 10, 2003 03:06AM
Posted by: TrevorWitt
"I don't suppose you know when we'll see a Half-Life 2 demo, do you?"

I'd be very surprised if we see a demo before the game hits retail, as with HL1, where the demo arrived quite a while after the game was released, I expect them to be using all resources on getting the game out on time. It does look pretty sweet though, and will be my main justification for a serious PC upgrade in the coming month's! ;)

"A mate of mine knows Kieron Gillen just for the record"

The poor, unlucky, fool! Although I do miss Kieron's clumsiness with his legendary CD music towers that he built on his desk, only for them to come crashing down during quiet moments in the office...

Oh, I forgot to add that I've been playing Live for Speed also, quite good and very satisfying when you find a sweet car setup...
Date: September 10, 2003 05:09AM
I'd be very surprised if we see a demo before the game hits retail, as with HL1, where the demo arrived quite a while after the game was released

HL1 demo was a whole new episode though which was great. It allows you to sample the game, without knowing the plot half way through or something, or having to replay a level when you do buy the game.

Although like you said, I'm looking into a new PC to play it :)

Are you still working at PCF Towers then, cos I've never seen you in the mag since the GP4 review.

Date: September 10, 2003 05:32AM
do all pc magazines call there offices *** towers? pcg towers pcf towers etc, are is it 1 big tower swaying in the wind?

Date: September 10, 2003 05:45AM
"Are you still working at PCF Towers then, cos I've never seen you in the mag since the GP4 review."

You can see my ugly mug in the mag every month at the start of the 'Install' section, although my new 'management' role means that I'm on the opposite side of the building to the rest of the PCF team taking care of 'lots of important stuff'! ;)

"do all pc magazines call there offices *** towers?"

Yeah, seems that way, although Gamer are currently on the 1st floor of a triangular shaped building next to the Theatre Royal in Bath, hardly what I would call a 'tower'. PCF and I are in the old Co-op department store (I kid you not), again on the first floor, so 10 years or so ago I would have been up to my neck in lingerie at my desk... Err...
Date: September 10, 2003 05:49AM
Oh, and talking about PC Gamer, there's a job going there at the moment, putting their coverdiscs together, so if you're interested in games and know your way around a PC (and preferably Macromedia Director too- although there's good training available if you don't, apparently) then why not send in your CV-
[www.futurenet.co.uk]
Date: September 10, 2003 07:01AM
"although Gamer are currently on the 1st floor of a triangular shaped building next to the Theatre Royal in Bath, hardly what I would call a 'tower'"

well it depends how tall u are if its a tower or not ;)

Date: September 10, 2003 07:19AM
"well it depends how tall u are if its a tower or not"

From an online dictionary, the word 'tower'-
1.) A building or part of a building that is exceptionally high in proportion to its width and length.
2.) A tall, slender structure used for observation, signaling, or pumping.

As I said, a short triangular building is hardly a tower!
Date: September 10, 2003 07:26AM
Posted by: Ellis
Cant make cover disc,s but if u ever wanted a 3D modeler just shout ;)

[/bragging]

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 10, 2003 08:03AM
""well it depends how tall u are if its a tower or not"

From an online dictionary, the word 'tower'-
1.) A building or part of a building that is exceptionally high in proportion to its width and length.
2.) A tall, slender structure used for observation, signaling, or pumping.

As I said, a short triangular building is hardly a tower!"

show off ;)

ellis is that the ferrari in a lemans game i see? :)

Date: September 10, 2003 08:05AM
Why, yes it is jon! I wonder what game this will be used in eh?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: September 10, 2003 08:06AM
like i said, a lemans game ;) mabey? no? ok :(

Date: September 10, 2003 08:08AM
A Le mans game? But this is a 2003 Ferrai? There are no 2003 Le Mans games are there? :-o

Date: September 10, 2003 08:09AM
i dunno then :(

ask madman to make one :)

Date: September 10, 2003 08:10AM
yeah! And Lo2k!

Date: September 10, 2003 12:53PM
You can see my ugly mug in the mag every month at the start of the 'Install' section

He's right ya know ;)

Too damn ugly for words ;)

Any chance then of me somehow managing to get my small freeware program on the discs?

One good thing about forums, you can ask for stuff, and if here isn't a hope in hell of it happening you can edit your post to a cute pic of a duck or something :D

Date: September 10, 2003 01:37PM
lol, i emailed pcg to ask if csc could get on the disk and they ignored me :-o :(

Date: September 10, 2003 02:04PM
Posted by: Spike02
Cant make cover disc,s but if u ever wanted a 3D modeler just shout

oh? beat this then ;)

[brag]

[/brag]

Date: September 10, 2003 02:08PM
yeah, textures more impressive than the shape isnt it Wai ;) Maybe we shud give Bojan credit ;)

And since Sony has the F1 license what you gona do with your F1 shapes? :D I know where my GT shapes are going :D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy