Enzo Ferrari goes GT racing, but theres something new!

Posted by Ellis 
And unfortuantly this ugly car just got uglier

Now, that car was ugly enough without having that horrible big-ass rear wing welded to the back.

Do you think it can beat this tho?

this is the MT900 Photon made by Mosler Engineering in Florida

These pictures are of the ROAD version with comes with a top speed of 165mph, but thats limtied due to the high downforce setup. It weighs in at 975Kg on a full tank of fuel, with a mid-engined rear wheel drive layout, with the 5.7L engine borrowed from the Corvette Z06. this gives out 435bhp. In reality, this may be the fastest production car on the planet. there is apparently no limit to the ammount that will be made also

"Abso-*****-lutely crazy! It's a racing car for the road. I kind of forgot that this was a road test, because, mentally, I was waiting for the next corner to come up and then enter the infield part of the track at Daytona." -- Justin Bell, after driving the MT900 for a top speed run at Ford's Arizona Proving Grounds for Motor Trend.

Would anyone like pictures? Of cpurse you would!!

And this the Racing version which was built for the Daytona 24hr race

I think i have a new favorite car.

Rear end clearly taken from the Covette C5-R, front end heavily based on the McLarenF1 and the Saleen race cars.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
l have one of these:

Mercedes-McLaren SLR

5,4 l
618 bhp
V8
0 -100 km/h = 3,9 sec (0 - 60 mph)
topspeed 320 km/h (192mph)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Vader, i thought u had one of these? ;)

Or is this for work only ;)

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
i actually like the enzo ferrari, im sure there are better shots of it :)

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Edit:

I'll have one of these. (future tense).

Ellis, isn't that a Fiesta in the pic above?

This is more like mine:

Post Edited (07-11-03 21:26)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Whislt we are on the subject of favorite cars, nothing ahs yet to beat the 1998 AMG Mercedes CLK GTR

This is the road going version

Im not very fond of the road going rear wing, so if i had the cash i would simply get the racing rear wing, which for enough money is no problem

Also not the lower bonnet area on the car

48 valve V12
6-speed manual gearbox
560 bhp
2200 lbs
4.0 sec
200 mph

£1,000,000 plus VAT

Unofficially, this is the fastest road car on the planet apparently, easyily beats the McLarenF1 by miles. Just Mercedes never did an offcial test to prove it

i actually like the enzo ferrari, im sure there are better shots of it

Of the racing version? Nope, this it at the moment, its done one test apparently. There might be mroe spyshots from the test, but i doubt theres anything better

Ellis, isn't that a Fiesta in the pic above?

Nope, thats an older style Ford Escot

Re: Enzo Ferrari goes GT racing, but theres something new!
Date: July 11, 2003 02:47PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Wow the front really reminds me of a mclaren f1 and the back of a corvette.

Anyhoo, id love a Merc CLK-GTR, but as you say dave, 1million aint gonna come outta no where

When i get rich ill get it ;)

Chris, 1 million without VAT!

So thats another £175,000

so cheap?.. I'll order 5 tomorrow morning :)

Marc
-=-=-=-=-

Date: July 11, 2003 03:07PM
didnt say i was getting it in england ;)

i'm happy with my Ford Gt (can be seen in other thread)

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 11, 2003 03:33PM
Hmm me thinks the Mercedes-McLaren SLR looks like an slk with a huge bratwurst up the middle ;)

The front was designed to resemble the nose cone and front wing construction of a Formula One car.

Bratwurst at Bathurst.

Post Edited (07-11-03 22:56)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Vader, u actaully see that cos look under the main mercedes badge. Front wing struts anyone?

Yes, that's what I meant. Nose cone (with the big Mercedes badge), two struts beneath it and a front spoiler that looks a bit like a front wing.

Post Edited (07-11-03 23:04)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Wow! I love that mercedes!!! - Have to say the front is slightly similar to the enzo though! It too has a front which resmebles an F1 car! I would probably buy an enzo before the merc tbh!

I think the Enzos horrible :|

I like the 360 Modena....(sp)

Heres the new Ferrari 460;

And some of you may have seen this already been out for 6 months or so
The Bugatti EB 16.4 Veyron

"With 987hp from the 8 liter quad-Turbo W16 engine the power weight ratio will be top, and combined with good aerodynamics VW is talking about more than 400 kmh and zero to 300kmh in less than 14 seconds."

The Fuore Jaguar XF-10 (I wouldn't want it but it looks different)

The Seat Cupra GT

The New Ascari KZ1;

The Holden 427 Coupe;

And here is one of my favs I'd love one of these,

We has the Mosler here in Australia for the Bathurst 24Hr. It placed second in the end behind the HSV Coupe. It seemed pretty good and also very reliable.

I like the F60, both the race version as pictured and the road going version. Though the wing seems a bit much.

Post Edited (07-12-03 05:57)

[akiro3.com]
------------
'That was a major, major sausage.' - Barry Sheene
Oh check this site out www.962.com they have rare sports cars for sale and some of them kick!

My favourite Merc was the Carving that had the wheels that tilted and allowed you to corner at ridiculous speeds. Good thing they didn't release a road going CLR as we would have had people flipping into to buildings.

[akiro3.com]
------------
'That was a major, major sausage.' - Barry Sheene
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy