Matrix Reloaded (spoilers)

Posted by Abstraction 
Matrix Reloaded (spoilers)
Date: May 18, 2003 06:15AM
Posted by: Abstraction
DOn't read the next sentece, if u don't want to know to happerns

some ******* on the internet playing dod spoiled it and spam said that trinity dies... IS THIS TRUE?!?!?!?!?!

Andrew. Australia.
Re: Matrix Reloaded (spoilers)
Date: May 18, 2003 04:38PM
Posted by: JPM
This is partly true, but because neo is "the one" he somehow reaches into her and removes the "coded" bullet and she lives. IMHO the movie is very trippy and hard to comprehend in some parts in regards to the architect. Not as good as the first.

Cheers
Zach
Date: May 18, 2003 08:37PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

have to see it more than once... i know i am going to be seeing it again

Date: May 19, 2003 03:51AM
Posted by: Casper
The part involving the Architect is unnessacarily confusing, like trying to spell, unnessacarily. It was a control thing on Neo's mind by the machines/programs that run the Matrix.

Also unnessacary is the tribal orgy thing what a waste of 10 mins! It's pretty dissappointing that after the machines take over our world in the future that our society turns into that! There are deficiencies in Neo's invinciblility within the Matrix. And the council meetings are way too Star Wars 1 ish. Also the part where they return to zion and get off the ship is so much like Star Wars! Then the semi trailer bit reaked of Terminator 2 (using the same music is going too far). Link is just some, Chris Rock, comic relief character. The humour is much more blatant and also try hard. You also can easily play spot the expendable character. The film plays like too many other Hollywood movies.

QUESTTIONS?
The part that confuses me is if Neo can fly and Agent Smith can't why stick around and fight?
(I thought of this before I came across the Time Mag. that absolutely spoilt the entire storyline! It told the entire story and described every character a week before the movie came out. Corporate Censorship/Collaboration at it's worst!!!!!)

Why did the squids (sentinels) even bother throwing a bomb at the British thug (ala Lock Stock) looking crewed ship (Cpt. Sorans) that were assigned to stop the reserve power system? Their inept crew did a good job of killing themselves.

Why did they need to abandon the Nebuchadnezzar if everyone was out of the matrix and they had access to an EMP?

WHERE TO FROM HERE?
Though now to attempt to predict the final movie. Mmmm. It will hopefully be better. But how can you make the fight scenes anymore BIG and Flash without making the whole movie just one giant fight? Reloaded already was pushing the limit of how much senseless action an audience can stomach in one hit.
There are a few possible options with the storyline.

Neo actually has aquired some psychic connection to the machines through Agent Smith thereby being the One that can defeat the real world Machines. (one friend described Neo's last stand in Reloaded as the Machines had a mental malfunction short circuit, as they thought Neo was one of them but knew they should kill him and blew a fuse. dunno but funny)
OR
Neo has realised that the real world( the Machine one is another Matrix) as in the movie the Thirteenth Floor. Would be a bit annoying as it's just copying, well that's what has happened with Agent Smith, the forementioned movie. But would allow for some cool fights between Neo and Mech's.
OR
Neo's new found powers are just some other supernatural human thing. Finnally defining him as The One.
OR
They discover that Neo is a virus that can finnally destroy the machines from within. But needs to die to actually end humanity's oppression and this causes great conflict with his love for Trinity. And then he dies in some martyrist situation that brings the movie to a close.
OR
They actually find out that the Machines are allergic to some common element and they all mysteriously die and humanity is saved. Oh whoops wrong movie. I was watching Mars Attacks last night hehehehehe.

So far they haven't really described the Machine's mentality toward their existence (In actual Matrix movies). Has anyone seen any of the Animatrix
and can tell us if the Machine's are just like the borg in Star Trek or an ever engrossing unintelligent super species thing?

Post Edited (05-20-03 12:56)

[akiro3.com]
------------
'That was a major, major sausage.' - Barry Sheene
Date: May 19, 2003 08:08AM

hmm thats some interesting things you have asked/stated casper...

mabey Neo never wakes from his coma?

I didnt think they had enough time to use the emp thats why they didnt
use it who knows.

Date: May 19, 2003 10:00AM
Posted by: Habi
some ******* on the internet playing dod

i had to double-check that sentence ;)

Date: May 20, 2003 06:00AM

I just watched it again and realised it wasn't as bad as I make it sound. I actually liked it a lot more second time round. I treated it more like a movie and that made it loads better. I feel like those two guy's in the balcony in the Muppets who change their mind, "It's fantastic".

Hey any Aussies who were fans of Recovery. Did you notice that the lame dude who breaks the gangway on Soran's ship. Is the guy who did the movie reviews on recovery, you know that show that is now Fly TV! My friends and I are hoping Dylan and the Enforcer make an appearance in the next one.

[akiro3.com]
------------
Date: May 20, 2003 06:03AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
LOL habi ;)

Date: May 21, 2003 12:04AM
Posted by: Eagle
Hey Casper,

I spent many hours debating the Matrix Relaoded with the mate that I saw it with (and yes, we argued about it about the same as Waldorf and Stadler do (the old guys in the balcony on the Muppet Show)) and came to the conclusion that despite its inconsistencies, it has its moments (ie. it wasn't totally crap.)

But to bring up the point that you made regarding the plot of the second film, there a scene in it where the Nebuchenezzar gets destroyed, and one of the Sentinels goes after Neo, and he stops it....er HOW??? If I'm led to believe he's just a normal guy outside the Matrix, how can he just stop the sentinel like its nothing?

UNLESS

the real world is in fact an older version of the matrix, (Matrix in a Matrix) in which case there would be no escape..in this type of storyline, you can make up as much as you want, as long as you can cover your tracks with exposition and more computer double-speak.
Take the case of "The Thirteenth Floor", very underrated film, but leaves the viewer demanding more because of the "uncompleted" ending..it leaves more loose threads than it should...

So, in a nutshell, I reckon Matrix Revolutions will wind up leaving the viewer scratching their head more as they find out that Neo isn't so much a freed human wanting to destroy the inner Matrix (that we know, anyway) from the inside to fulfil his destiny, but a virus/worm that exists in the outer Matrix designed to destroy the inner Matrix from the outside. (Confused yet?) You will be.....

OR

it could be something entirely different, and I could've been crapping on as usual...(probably the latter).

The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Date: May 24, 2003 07:26AM
Posted by: genesis
Does anyone know if Geigher (sp.?) worked on Matrix and Matrix: Reloaded? There are certainly many influences of his work in the Real Worlds in both films...

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: May 24, 2003 11:35AM

or mabey the human world that they think they are trying to escape to is a program (matrix) that humans themselves have created to escape from every day lives.

everytime i hear the word "matrix" i think of my all time favourite movie

TRANSFORMERS

now thats a quality movie.

Date: May 24, 2003 12:12PM
Posted by: Orpheus
the old woman who played the oracle died b4 they completed the last of the triolgy of the matrix : Revolutions :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: May 24, 2003 02:46PM
Yeah I seen what must be the new one while playing Enter the Matrix...she's crap :(

Date: May 25, 2003 12:15AM
Do you mean HR Geiger? The fellow from Aliens 1 & 2 and Species. He's a mad artist. I don't think he worked on the Matrix though, the machines are certainly influenced by his work but they appear to much of a sci-fi cliche where Geiger's work is very original and confronting.

[akiro3.com]
------------
Date: May 25, 2003 05:42AM
Posted by: Ellis
I heard many ppl complaing bout Neo flaying is stupid

Of course, Neo being "the one" means he has no rule such as gravity to obey, flying is an easy option

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: May 25, 2003 08:17AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Absolutely superb action sequences and special effects were joined together by kind of confusing and boring dialogue, I thought. Obviously, it doesn't have the "wow" factor of the first film, so I don't think it was ever going to be as successful.

Still, an excellent film, but not as good as it's predecessor. The Revolutions trailer at the end of the credits made it look as though it was going to be pretty much the same as Reloaded. But I hope it will be better!

I doubt this trilogy will be as successful as The Lord of the Rings, but then, what ever will be?

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 25, 2003 11:04AM
Yeah Casper but especially in the first, the first time we saw the real world (when Neo was 'reborn';) the whole kind of archetecture looked like a Geiger influence.

Date: May 25, 2003 03:12PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I was really impressed by the film, yeah, as Alex says, not as wow as the first, but still really good. The camera work is the best I have ever seen, particularly the lorries crashing and at the start the dream where Trinity dies. Mindblowing stuff. I tell you what the actor who plays agent smith must be damn rich...matrix and lord of the rings (he he "welcome to [name of Elf kingdom], Mr Anderson, lol)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: May 25, 2003 04:02PM
Posted by: _Alex_
That's Hugo Weaving... he's an excellent actor, and yeah, he must be damn rich by now! Imagine being one of the lead roles in two of movie history's greatest trilogies!

LOL btw Chris, haven't you heard of Agent Elrond?

;)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 25, 2003 06:36PM
Though you should see Mr Weaving in Pricilla Queen of the Desert. You find it very hard to take him seriously after that. But he does an excellent job to do the voice for Agent Smith so well.

[akiro3.com]
------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy