Zanardi ready to end his racing career

Posted by duffman 
Zanardi ready to end his racing career
Date: May 10, 2003 03:09AM
Posted by: duffman
Alex Zanardi

It was a very emotion charged day at the German EuroSpeedway yesterday when Alex Zanardi arrived at the circuit where he lost his legs almost two years ago.

The Italian racer has come a long way since that fateful day that ended his motor racing career and almost his life in September 2001 when with 13 laps remaining of the inaugural German 500, he exited pit lane and crashed into the oncoming car of Alex Tagliani.

Zanardi almost died on the circuit and was rushed to the hospital where both legs were amputated in an emergency operation to save his life. It's been a long and hard fought road back to where he is today, walking around that same circuit with the aid of artificial limbs.

But, the big challenge will come here on Sunday when Alex plans to finish off the race he almost won. In a specially designed car bearing the colours and number 66 of the contender he was racing in 2001, Alex will finally end his motor racing career in the most fitting way possible.

Re: Zanardi ready to end his racing career
Date: May 10, 2003 03:26AM
Posted by: Vader
A brave man.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: May 10, 2003 04:43AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
vader said it

Date: May 10, 2003 08:18AM
Posted by: Glyn
Indeed... a brave man and a great guy

Date: May 10, 2003 02:14PM
Posted by: daveb
true - i just hope somthing doesn't go wrong...

Date: May 10, 2003 02:35PM
Posted by: Lanky-Lad
He wont go that fast, racing speed i mean, so i reckon he'll be fine.

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 10, 2003 02:45PM
Posted by: X_Acto
A true example to everyone!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

Date: May 10, 2003 10:15PM
Posted by: Casper
Of what exactly? If it's a brave man because he's legless and planning on driving a car thats odd. Because here if you meet someone like that down the pub they're a bloody idiot.

Well he inspired me. I'm gonna use my legs and go for a walk. And no not as you would like, a long one off a short pier.

[akiro3.com]
------------
'That was a major, major sausage.' - Barry Sheene
Date: May 11, 2003 01:28AM
Yeah - you do that!

"Treat others with respect and you too will be respected." Oac - ed'c dnia - E ys yldiymmo drec cyt. :)
Date: May 11, 2003 03:20AM
Posted by: _Alex_
He wont go that fast, racing speed i mean

You have monumentally underestimated this guy. On his shakedown, he lapped at an average speed of 190mph. What an impressive and inspirational guy!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: May 11, 2003 05:05AM
Oh....well thats suprised me!

Date: May 11, 2003 06:05AM
Posted by: Vader
See my new thread. That's what they said on German TV ARD who will show the race, respectively switch between CART and DTM (bugger, why must ot be all at the same time? :s)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy