Posted by G_Force 
Re: Australia 3 : England 1
Date: February 14, 2003 12:18AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Lets fight! ;-(

Date: February 14, 2003 12:38AM
Posted by: Covfan
We've still got rowing as a way of owning our rejected convicts :)
Date: February 14, 2003 03:22AM
Posted by: Ellis
Mansell and mark blundell always refered to their team as "we"

thats ebcasue F1 is a team game. You are a Williams Fan LS right (Well i never!!! ;)) but do when the Williams team win do you say "we won"? No! You say "They won". In Football this does not apply and nobody really knows why!!

Pitch invasion: Scotland's Tartan Army of fans
wreak havoc at Wembley Stadium in 1977 "

Altho i do not wish to defend the fans here because they did cause a lot of damage, my dad was there. It was not a proper england style riot where you go out in the streets and throw chairs at people like a small child. There was no fighting at this one. (still does not excuse it tho)

Hooligans are hooligans, not by nationality and they are in every country, keep your prejuduces to yourself.

that is very very true. But England seems to have more than any other major footballing country. Im not saying everyone in england riots (hell no!), but how come when england play abroad then its always there fans caught on CCTV throwing bottles at the others for no reason?

suddenly, it does not become a "we" anymore, it becomes "they"

and what sort of a sport is skateboarding? all those @#$%& do is look like ****, act offensive, be a pain in the ass, a nucence to the public and nearly hit me while i wait for the bus.......

Generalisation to the EXTRAME there. Skateboarding is an extreame sport where every trick or move you do is dangerous. Football? Do they hurrel temselves off of 20set stairs at running speed with only there skills for portection?

Act offensive? Less skateboarders "act offensive" then England footballers riot. It is the EXTRAME minority of skaters which cause trouble. Bit like the england footie fans

don't worry andrew, it'll be pogo sticks and bmx's next if we are following the 80's trend

real skateboarding never took off in the 80s at all. Nor did BMXing. That was childerns skating with stupid little plastic and old skool shaped boards. Real skating has always been underground and has been strong for the past 20 years, just witout the public knowing about it. Only in the last 2 years or so has skateboarding gone mainstream, and all the uninformaed people start to think its the new trend, which is of course total bullshit because skating has always been this strong, just underground thats all. 80 trend? Thats as far away as you can possibly get. And skateboarding takes MUCH more skill than football. My 10 year old bother plays for a football team. He was able to run around kicking a ball with great ease rather quaickly. I'd LOVE t see you stand and go on a skateboard then learn to ollie quickly. Football is so EASY to start off and progress. Skateboarding is DIFFICULT.

by the way, no matter how many ppl bitch about it they will never change the fact that

SKATEBOARDING IS NOT A CRIME

P.S. wud love to see you try some real tricks on a BMX too. The sa,me applies to BMW as before - its always been this popular - just not mainstream

(The reason they have become mainstream is the activision series of games Tony Hawks nd Mat Hoffman - but its just as popular before, just more commercial)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 14, 2003 03:35AM
Posted by: G_Force
Skateboarders seem to be able to be split up into 2 main grops, in Oz at least there is quite a large number of people that are just plain d**kheads when it comes to them and their skateboards, but theres also the professionals and the people that are really good at it that i have a hell of respect for, simply cos there so good they just make you sit back in awe and wonder how the hell they pull the tricks off that they do with just a plank of wood and four wheels.

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: February 14, 2003 04:20AM
Posted by: andrew_S
Generalisation to the EXTRAME there. Skateboarding is an extreame sport where every trick or move you do is dangerous. Football? Do they hurrel temselves off of 20set stairs at running speed with only there skills for portection?

yeah, well you obviously dont remember luc nillis, or david boost.......

both were crippled and carriers ended in collisions with goal keepers

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: February 14, 2003 04:39AM
Posted by: sasjag
eew, i remeber Luc's collison, that was disgusting........

but i must say, Sk8ting is much more dangerous, and your more likely to get hurt sk8ting

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 14, 2003 09:10AM
Posted by: bigears
Same with Busst's collision as well. It was an awful sight to see

Look here for the photo:
[www.360soccer.com]

I have noticed in my area in Wolverhampton, there was some young skaters that was trying to do some tricks but they kept crashing out as they was trying out a new trick.

I do admire their guts and they are willing to get hurt just to achieve a trick or move or whatever you call it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: February 14, 2003 09:32AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
@#$%& hell that must bloody hurt

Date: February 14, 2003 09:37AM
Posted by: LS.
And skateboarding takes MUCH more skill than football.

take a look at edger davids when he's doing his ball skills,

i don't see how you can comapare like with like, when you admit that you don't like football or follow football

how can you offer an opinion about something that you don't understand?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: February 14, 2003 10:14AM
exactly LS, and one at which is totally biased, and based on the argument football is for girls, a remark thats about 10 years out of date, lol its a pathetic argument, just cause u dont like a mainstreem sport while you play a poxy little thing that no one follows, lol

Date: February 14, 2003 10:41AM
And skateboarding takes MUCH more skill than football.

it still takes a lot more skill than footie. u have to use skill all the time when sk8ing, whereas in footie u don't need it all the time

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 14, 2003 10:46AM
sk8ing, lol

well if we are in that argument, then ice dancing and stuff takes more skill, u know where they do all the rolls and twists etc, does that make it more of a sport?! LOL, i think on that note nuff said about what sport has more skilll.....

Date: February 14, 2003 11:12AM
why the lol after sk8ting?

Sim

Date: February 14, 2003 12:11PM
it still takes a lot more skill than footie. u have to use skill all the time when sk8ing, whereas in footie u don't need it all the time

i can't see how you can make that comparison

do you possess the same skill as bam margerita? no.

do you possess the same skills as edger davids? no.

so where do you draw your conclusion from?

i agree that skating is a skill, more akin to balance than anything, like surfing or skiing.

football is about ball skills be it deft touches, juggling it at the feet etc, but one does not demean the other because of it differences.

all that talk about football being for pussies is just a childish remark from the un-informed and un-educated

Post Edited (02-14-03 19:35)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 14, 2003 05:17PM
so where do you draw your conclusion from?

the fact that u can run about for 90min on a footie pitch, but u are not always with the ball. in fact most of the time u do not have the ball. At that point there is no skill.

Skateboaridng if u stop thinking u fall off instantly.

both were crippled and carriers ended in collisions with goal keepers

I cant count the ammount of crippled people skateboarding has left. Its will be in the thousands by now.

Skateboarders seem to be able to be split up into 2 main grops, in Oz at least......

3 in the UK - @#$%& (usually the younger ones), the Pros, who are simpyl amazing. And the "in-between" - ME. Dont cause trouble but at the same time we are verging on the sponsorship stage.

i don't see how you can comapare like with like, when you admit that you don't like football or follow football

how can you offer an opinion about something that you don't understand?

Actaully i have no choice but to "follow" it to certain extend. My G'f likes football, its all over TV and my family like it. Dont udnerstand it? What is there not to understand? I used to play it at school when i was bored! theres not much to understand in football. Its a very basic game (thats not an offensive comment, just a ture one)

Ok, go on kazaa and downloade Rodney Mullen - Tony Hawks 3 Video. About 10Mb ish (u dont have to but this will show u the skill involved)

sk8ing, lol

Does this eman eveyrtime u do not use the proepr spelling of a word i can type lol after it? This is what it appears to be.

i can't see how you can make that comparison

Vecause anyone can kick a football. How many professional footballers are there? Thousands across the world. How many people manage to become professional skaters? Couple of Hudnread#

do you possess the same skill as bam margerita? no.

With footballers who cheat like Rivaldo, and poofs like Beckham, and thugs like Keane, the best u can come up with is a slagging of someones name?

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 14, 2003 05:28PM
the fact that u can run about for 90min on a footie pitch, but u are not always with the ball. in fact most of the time u do not have the ball. At that point there is no skill.

Skateboaridng if u stop thinking u fall off instantly.

so when did we last see any skate boarding on a professional level last 90 mins? besides the fact that its a team sport sport consisting of 11 player who have trained with set pieces all week and when the 11 players move up field to attack are all working as one 9 times out of 10

Actaully i have no choice but to "follow" it to certain extend. My G'f likes football, its all over TV and my family like it. Dont udnerstand it? What is there not to understand? I used to play it at school when i was bored! theres not much to understand in football. Its a very basic game (thats not an offensive comment, just a ture one)

i used to think this too when i was younger , until i devoted the time to understand fully what a game of football consists of, you probably think of 22 men kicking a pigs bladderaround a field for 90 mins is all that football consists of, but if you took off your narrowminded glasses and looked into what the beautiful game actually is about you would understand it. professional football is a science, tactics and team orientated all coming together as one, but i guess this will sail straight over your head because you don't want to listen yet you still offer a ignorant opinon about football and expect everyone to agree with you.

and poofs like Beckham

if this is the sort of intellect were dealing with then i suggest you stay out of this thread, i really expected more from you but your contributions border on childish playground remarks

Post Edited (02-15-03 00:32)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: February 14, 2003 06:12PM
so when did we last see any skate boarding on a professional level last 90 mins?

Tony Hakws last ever skateboard run was 36:54 minutes long. This is more action than the avg footballer will get in one game. ALSO skateboard competitions last over a week or so where you will skate 5 or 6 times a day. Footballers rarely have 2 matches in 3 days

but if you took off your narrowminded glasses and looked into what the beautiful game actually is about you would understand it

Tried it at the World cup. And i have to say, until i watched "some of the ebst players in the world", in the form of Brazlin, i coudl see where you were coming from. Then Rivaldo gets hit in the leg by the ball, falls over and whines like a baby. If these are the best players in the world, i dont even want to imagine what the worst are like.

if this is the sort of intellect were dealing with then i suggest you stay out of this thread, i really expected more from you but your contributions border on childish playground remarks

Im sry if this offends u but he is possibly one of the reasons "non-football-people" dont like football. The walking around in skirts, shwoing off with stupidly high saleries, (like F1 drviers) and being on those TERRIBLE ADVERTS! Listening to him in interviews is like talking to a small child.

do you remember when he was on graham norton? That was BRILLIANT!

Victoria, David and there son was there (brooklyn?)

Graham asked Victoria

Graham - "So hows his speaching coming on?"

Victoria - "its good"

Graham - "And brooklyns?"

That sums it up for me cos not only was that a joke, it was so true!

Hoolagin- Keane
Unintelligent - BEckham
Cheat- Rivaldo

Arent these ment to be three of the best in the world?

Date: February 14, 2003 08:13PM
Posted by: Dizzoau
its a pussy game, played by pussys. Play a real game. Motor Racing and Rugby, and any extreame sport i can go with....but football? Its so.....so.........pussyish! They are wimps!

That coming from someone who obeys the pussy speed limits.
Date: February 15, 2003 12:51AM
Posted by: G_Force
here we go again...

----------
[timblair.net]
----------
Homer Simpson: "Well i would like to live long enough to see the effects of global warming, cos i've got an inside line that its all a load of crap"
Date: February 15, 2003 01:57AM
Posted by: Covfan
Personally I think Wrestling takes more skill then Sk87563553ting does

*Waits for obligatory 'Wrestling is fake, don't you know that' Reply*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy