This one's for the sk8rboi ;-)

Posted by mortal 
This one's for the sk8rboi ;-)
Date: February 07, 2003 05:10PM
Posted by: mortal
Hi Dave :-), tell me, do you guys have glue on your shoes or summat? How is it when you jump with your board it stays stuck to your feet? I downloaded a video, Children by Robert Miles, really tight music that, anyway there's a really cool sequence of kids sk8boarding on a foggy seafront and they are jumping over a 200 litre drum on it's side. Each one of them gets over the drum and the sk8board seemingly stays glued to their feet! Please explain :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: This one's for the sk8rboi ;-)
Date: February 07, 2003 05:19PM
Posted by: sasjag
i really wish you wouldn't put sk8er boi coz it makes me think of Avril

but i think of Avril all the time so that don't matter

carry on, ignore me :p

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 07, 2003 05:21PM
yes I thought it would hahaha

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 07, 2003 05:22PM
Posted by: Vader
Don't wash your feet and the board will stick to it. ;)

I guess they do not jump straight up into the air, but rather with a movement to the side, so that the centrifugal force (or is it rather the centripetal force in this case?) will press it to the feet. It must have got something to do with the parallelogram of forces and /or the mass purchasing power. Anayway, I bet it is one of these things you cannot do anymore once you find out how they work.

(Like when I was a kid and just pressed buttons and pulled levers at a slot machine and won a hell of a lot money. When I learned what it was all about and knew when to do what, I never won again)

Post Edited (02-08-03 00:59)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 07, 2003 05:27PM
Yeah, I never win on those things either, it's a conspiracy, sucks don't it :-) I wouldn't mind one of those huge sk8boards with the inflatable knobbly tyres, they're about a metre long or maybe more but look like fun in the dirt. I saw one with a motor on the back for about A$1700, It has a hand controller on a sort of cable thingy, you'd wanna be keen hey :-)

Date: February 07, 2003 07:36PM
Posted by: Ellis
Heres what you do.

But the ball of your back foot on the very end of the tail of the board. Put ur front foot in approx the middle of the board. Then, in one movment, 'pop' the back foot down HARD, forcing the front up. At the same time, slide your front foot up the board to the tail. this levels out the board in the air. The harder you pop, the higher you go. When comng into land, try to land with your feet above thr bolts of your trucks. This stops the board from bending, and one day snapping.

If you slide your front foot up too far, you will hit the nose of the board, and it will spin. If done delibratly, you can make it do the full 360 degress, until the grip-tape is showing up again, and land it. Known as a "Kickflip"

Simplu jumping means the board will carry on going and you might land back on the board, or you might miss it.

By reading what i wrote it wud sound more like that when you slide your front foot up, it will bring the front back down, but it doesnt worklike that for whatever reason.

Nobody jumps (techical term is ollie) first time.It takes practice. Took me 2 months. And olliieing stationary is easier than moving. When moving the whole process must be done faster and more accuratly

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 07, 2003 10:40PM
I think I might break a leg.....or two lol

Date: February 08, 2003 07:48AM
Posted by: tux
last time i tryed it (when i was 7 :P) i put my top teeth thru my lip (litrelly, u could see the tooth thru the other side) and had to go to hopistle

Date: February 08, 2003 08:16AM
You could "nollie" too. Thats where you do it the other way around. You pop the front of the board whislt mvoing, and slide your back foot towards the tail. Its harder and therefore cooler if you can pull it off.

Dumass, had my fair share of injuries too

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 08, 2003 09:05AM
Posted by: Spike02
nothing like landing on the middle region whilst grinding....ooh, i can already remember it...........

Date: February 08, 2003 09:13AM
Posted by: Vader
Ha! I was right with my suspection! There is some heavy physics involved in this matter.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 08, 2003 10:03AM
"last time i tryed it (when i was 7 :P) i put my top teeth thru my lip (litrelly, u could see the tooth thru the other side) and had to go to hopistle"

i knocked my self out last time i tried it, wrecked my board, couldn't afford another so gave up :(

Dave, just out of interest what stance are you? Goofy or regular?

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 09, 2003 03:07AM
I persoanlly skate goofy....despite being right handed, which doesnt really make much sense! I find goofy much easier to skate then regular.

Knocked myself out once, broken countless boards, countless cuts and bruises. Thot i broke my nose and arms a couple of times too. Luckily not tho

Date: February 09, 2003 06:50AM
yeah, i'm right handed and skate/d goofy

Sim

Date: February 11, 2003 04:01AM
its quite starange i think. I was watching bams videos again and he was skating both goofy and regular. I think he normally skates regualr, but he can easily skate switch if he wants. Was doing alot of nollies compared with ollies too

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy