GPL shot of the week!

Posted by Anonymous User 
GPL shot of the week!
Date: January 17, 2003 07:27AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
During a race last night at sliverstone paolo and some alpha guy (cant remember name) had an immense battle. No seriously fuckin awesome! Our man ran wide a the last lap unfortunately leaving alpha bloke to win!

"Kudoz" to both of them (you see what i did there! hahahaa very clever)

Meanwhile i manged to catch up at one point for a three a breast along the silverstone straight:

nice.

Re: GPL shot of the week!
Date: January 17, 2003 07:58AM
Posted by: ThePredictor
Actually I had an even greater chance the next race at Kyalami, cause I had built a greater gap there, then with 3 laps to go my engine exploded!
But I agree Silverstone was for me just as thrilling as a PC game can get.
GPL is an awful masterpiece!
That alpha guy is fast anyway and we should need Alex or Matthew to seriously spank him. :D

Be ready!
Date: January 17, 2003 08:06AM
yeah they were jeering 5:2 at us.....grrrrrrr

Date: January 17, 2003 08:35AM
Posted by: andrew_S
that guy (Gavin Wilson) is amazingly fast (- GPL rank), what GPL rank do matthew or alex have?

soz i wasnt in the first few races, i couldnt connect to any off the ones chris hoasted :-(
Date: January 17, 2003 08:38AM
btw ThePredictor who were you (As in name), i didnt see you racing last night?
Date: January 17, 2003 08:39AM
Posted by: Maverick
Where do you guys play?
On winVroc?

As of now the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off -untill further notice- The Management.
Date: January 17, 2003 08:55AM
Where do you guys play?
On winVroc?

WE most certainly do maverick, feel free to join us at any time

Chat room: GP3.COM
Password: gpl

----

@andy: Yeah i noticed you kept getting d/c dunno wot the problem was, seemed fine with everyone else :S

Oh and i thought he was something wilson, just couldnt remember wot!

Date: January 17, 2003 09:01AM
Posted by: matthewp
"that guy (Gavin Wilson) is amazingly fast (- GPL rank), what GPL rank do matthew or alex have?"

I'm within touching distance of -30 and Alex has got a rank way to high for his pace because of his Nurburgring time (in the next holidays spend a day working on it Alex, I got my rank from 92 to 22 in one day once just by working on learning the Ring :-)

"yeah they were jeering 5:2 at us.....grrrrrrr"

we'll see about that :-)

Date: January 17, 2003 09:15AM
Posted by: matthewp
just done a search for Gavin wilson and he's got a GPL rank of -36 (I should be up there soon, i've just discovered Roland Ehnström's setups and they are amazing, the only tracks i've done more than a few laps on with his setups are Rouen and Zandvoort and they've helped me destory me previous PB's by a second at Zandy and even more at Rouen. If they work as well at the other tracks i'll be looking at -40 before long :-)

If anyone wants to try the setups try here:

[www.racesimcentral.com]

If you're just beginning i'd recomend Alison Hine's or Feiner's setups as they are easy to drive and still quite fast

Feiner's: [home.t-online.de]
Alison Hine's: [eaglewoman.simracing.dk]

If this Gavin wilson is the same guy as the one on GPL rank I would very much like to race against him :)

Date: January 17, 2003 09:23AM
Posted by: ThePredictor
Andy I'm Oloap!
Other good setups (just for Ferrari):

[forum.racesimcentral.com]

Be ready!
Date: January 17, 2003 09:27AM
LOL Olaop and Matt you read my mind, i was just searching for setups too. I d/led Doug's ones but didnt like em much, ill give Ekleasiasticus's (or whatever his name is) a go now.

Although i appear to have a strange disease in which my race laps are always faster than my qualifying laps

Date: January 17, 2003 10:36AM
Posted by: simonsteele
on the subject of GPLRank, me and my mate anto (aka Chest Rockwell) know a geezer who has a rank of -26

with a keyboard

and soz about disapearing last nite, i was feeling guilty so went to do some revision (translation: punk ass sister wanted PC for homework)

Date: January 17, 2003 10:53AM
interesting Roland Ehnström used to be a big name in the GPx community

oh and on tha subject of speed in our gpl races, Gav does the qualifying time, then in the race, hangs back, and has battles with people as poalo, cai and myself would have found at kyalami last night, its all in good spirit etc as theres no point in going and winning a race because hes 2 seconds a lap faster than anyone else, good stuff, i need some good setups, i just cant break the 1.30 mark for monza, i think its because of overstear, and dont check my gpl rank, lol i uploaded it last a few years ago, at a time where i wasnt playing the game! hehe
Date: January 17, 2003 10:53AM
(translation: punk ass sister wanted PC for homework)

exactly the same thing happened here, they dont need the pc when ur not on it, but the second ur on, they want to use it...

Date: January 17, 2003 11:04AM
Posted by: simonsteele
yeah, exactly

and on the subject of pics i have a rather nice one of me and Paolo crashing at Monza, i'll upload it when i can be arsed

Date: January 17, 2003 11:53AM
Posted by: _Alex_
Alex has got a rank way to high for his pace because of his Nurburgring time (in the next holidays spend a day working on it Alex, I got my rank from 92 to 22 in one day once just by working on learning the Ring :-)

I most definitely will - as you know I'm not so strong on the consistency front, and that's not so good when you're trying for a hotlap at the Ring. I know what corner's coming next, for instance, but I haven't learnt it well enough to know exactly how much speed to carry into it. I'll have a go at the Ring now, because I'd like to get myself below 0!

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Date: January 17, 2003 11:59AM
Posted by: genesis
Sorry how do you find out what your 'GPL rank' is, and what kind of things help improve it?

BTW are people racing tonight? Tis Friday an' I'm in the mood :p

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: January 17, 2003 12:39PM
Posted by: Covfan
I might be purchasing GPL tomorrow from one of the Computer gaming establishments that Coventry City centre has to offer. Anyone bought their game from 'game' or Virgin?
Date: January 17, 2003 04:53PM
tahts great mark, come in our alpha races!

what, you mean pics like these :D - cut down from 1280x1024

Date: January 17, 2003 04:59PM
Posted by: tux
wot is ure problem andrew?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy