mortalwombat's cockpit project (pics)

Posted by Vader 
mortalwombat's cockpit project (pics)
Date: January 08, 2003 11:56AM
Posted by: Vader

Very nice, mortal! Good work, looks pretty hot indeed. It just has the wrong colour :) Can you build some for me, too?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: mortalwombat's cockpit project (pics)
Date: January 08, 2003 11:58AM
Posted by: simonsteele
looks wicked!

Date: January 08, 2003 12:07PM
Posted by: Glyn
That looks amazing!!

What is it made out of, and how is it made?

Date: January 08, 2003 12:14PM
It's made of wool, no argument

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 08, 2003 12:52PM
LOL

Ok, is the thing the wheel is clamped too a table?
Is the char a body board?
Is the back bit some kinda table with a phone sellotaped to it?

Date: January 09, 2003 09:50AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
looks really good, i got that steering wheel :D

Does that little kid come with it :S or can it be removed? :P

Date: January 09, 2003 10:05AM
Posted by: simonsteele
"Does that little kid come with it :S or can it be removed? :P"

lmao!

Date: January 09, 2003 10:54AM
Posted by: bigears
Where you got the seat from?

Nicked it from your next door neighbour's car?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: January 09, 2003 11:24AM
Posted by: Orpheus
lol very nice work indeed ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: January 09, 2003 11:51AM
Posted by: tux
hehe, i saw these pics ages ago :P

Date: January 10, 2003 06:28PM
Posted by: mortal
Technical info is : made from 12mm MDF (a compressed type of craftwood) Went through plenty of design changes along the way and The seat is fibreglass, came from my local university, donated by the guys who did the formula ford for their thesis. Upholstered with red vinyl, cushions are velcroed in to place. The rear panel has the front panel from a puter speaker set and also the rear panel for the speaker output plugs. Two speakers have been fitted to the side panels next to the seat so they blast right in your ears ;-). The sub-woofer at the rear has now been replaced with an "aura interactive shaker". The chassis now rumbles quite nicely at idle and wants to move across the floor when you hit the ripple strips etc. :-) Wheel is removable and is fitted to a hinged panel so you can get in and out easily. Front pod folds back on itself for storage. The pedal support panel in the front pod has two slots, one for adults and one for kids. I still have to get some sort of art work for stickers that can be printed at my local computer cut signwriters. I use TVTool to get the display on telly, all I need now is a wide screen digital telly lol. Please send money. All donations gratefully accepted. :-) Cost to build not inc wheel, around $500-00 Thanks to Vader for hosting the pics, Cheers m8.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 10, 2003 07:21PM
"Aura interactive shaker"? Could you please elaborate on this one a bit more?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 10, 2003 07:36PM
ummm, well that's what it was called. aura is the brand name, it somehow works on a sega, nintendo or playstation, the user straps it on and it connects to the game unit so when you play fighting games or whatever the feedback from a rumble pack is fed to the shaker unit. It is worn on the chest and looks like body armor of sorts. I just found aurasound.com and there might be a pic ;-) My local electronics store had these on a post xmas sale for $10-00, yep only $10-00 each, I smashed it open, removed the shaker unit and hooked it up to the bass output from the puter speaker amp and woohoo sheik yerbouti ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 10, 2003 07:41PM
I see, so it is not connected to the midi/sound or USB port to get FF effects? It is the pure power of the bass that makes this thingy dance? Amazing!

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: January 10, 2003 08:07PM
Posted by: Larry
Date: January 10, 2003 08:08PM
Yeah thanks, it works a treat. I've still got a little bit more painting to do but I'm having too much fun using it to be bothered right now ;-)

Date: January 11, 2003 03:55AM
Posted by: Cola
I always wish like that in my room! Wow!
Date: January 11, 2003 04:48AM
Why don't you try to make one? A simple one can be made using a seat from a small sedan, you could probably get one from a wreckers pretty cheap or nick one from your Mum's car :-) Mount it to a couple of bearers with a simple frame to support the steering wheel and pedals, If you know someone that has a welder you could maybe use lightweight 20mm box steel instead of timber. I'd guess that most serious sim racers would have some sort of cockpit setup. Tried doing a full race sitting at a desk? It's not easy :-) Get building :-) Have fun.

Date: January 11, 2003 06:30AM
Posted by: tux
cool, thats pretty good :D

Date: January 11, 2003 10:04AM
Maybe you should go into production and sell them?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy