Test Drive 6

Posted by mortal 
Test Drive 6
Date: December 30, 2002 05:44AM
Posted by: mortal
What a waste of time and money, yet another rushed and totally crap release from Infogrames, shoulda known better ;-/ This spent all of 10 minutes on my machine before it was uninstalled and thrown in the bin! If anyone can actually get the usb ff wheel controller setup to work on this piece of rubbish my hat goes off to you! DOH! Oh well, back to SCGT......... meanwhile, back at the ranch........... ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Test Drive 6
Date: December 30, 2002 11:47AM
Posted by: CDN_Merlin
You ever wonder why it's called TEST drive?

Beta tester for;
Descent 3, C & C Generals, Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,
Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: December 30, 2002 12:59PM
Posted by: Glyn
LOL

Its a bit like NFS HP2.... simply refuses to work with my steering wheel

Date: December 30, 2002 02:26PM
I got HP2 to work with my wheel but it's a step backwards from NFS PU.

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: December 30, 2002 03:12PM
Posted by: tux
great, someones uploading HP2 to my private ftp now, been going for 3 hrs. aparently got 3 hrs to go :o

it better be good :P

Date: December 30, 2002 07:34PM
Give us your review on it please :-), I'm curious.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 30, 2002 08:35PM
HP2 is nice graphics with crappy physics and even crappier setup. The menu's suck, the multiplayer menu is so bad I'm not even gonna talk about it. The replays are stuck in 1, yes 1 camera angle. The tracks are nice and some are long and have many shortcuts (about the only thing nice about game).

Other than that, it's a POS. I was gonna buy it when I had the demo but after I got the warez copy, I decided not to since it wasn't worth it. In my opinion, NFS Porsche unleashed is the best NFS to date.

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: December 30, 2002 08:42PM
Right then, I'll save my money on that one then.

Date: December 30, 2002 09:14PM
Posted by: Vader
If you like getting rained with shells from a helicopter HP2 is your game.

Story logic

Just imagibne - you have a car that has cost you approx $ 200,000 +. Now you have got nothing better as to meet with 7 other thickheads with cheque books bigger than their brains and you have in mind is thrashing your cars in tunnels or mountain passes. The police in this little world, however, does not like your idea of a perfect evening. What do they want? Peace on the road. That's why they call the helicopter - after unsucessfully trying to stop you with barrieres and nails on the road. You - after escaping the first time - have nothing better to do as to come back again to were you started from and speed over the same road again - knowing that the police is there with all their equipment. Now, remeber when I said the police wants peace on the road? That's why they let the heli nuke it so that the street should into something that looks like the moon's surface or Brando's face in The Godfather. Well, it should, but it doesen't, since the graphic engine sucks. No real marks on the street, not even bumps were the bombs fell. Does this sound like logic?

Graphics

The cars look good - not the best I have seen, but still good enough to please. Are the track graphics any good? All the Nfs tracks look like painted with water colour. All Nfs tracks look like a crap version of Disney World. I don't like big donuts rotating on snowy rooftops. Snowwhite and the seven dwarfs might like that - me not. Besides said heli bombs do not really leave their marks on the road.

Physics[

There were physics in the game? Where?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 30, 2002 09:16PM
Posted by: Vader
Edfit bvuittonn please

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 31, 2002 06:29AM
Posted by: Ellis
Physics[

There were physics in the game? Where?

lol. There was sme PSX game reviewed and it went something like that

Graphics - yes, it has some

physics - pardon?

life span - beep beep beeeeeeeeee....

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: December 31, 2002 09:36AM
you could apply that to Rallisport Challenge. The car handling is totally random. A bull has more predictable handling!

Date: December 31, 2002 07:56PM
But RSC is fun to play with friends. I've been playing ti for houyrs today.

Beta tester for;
MAX 2, Defiance
Date: January 01, 2003 09:57AM
Yeah I can imagine why it would be. What annoys me is you cant take the stage alone, and the AI cars are really slow.

Date: January 02, 2003 06:14AM
Posted by: anze89
I had Test drive 5. It was a good game, but unfair. The cops stoped you, but no computer cars. And it don't work on XP.

Date: January 02, 2003 12:34PM
Bit like in NFS HP2. The AI doesnt get stopped

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy