@ LS - couple of bands u might like

Posted by Ellis 
@ LS - couple of bands u might like
Date: November 29, 2002 07:23AM
Posted by: Ellis
i remember you liking Hoobastank? Well these couple of bands might interest you then

Mad At Gravity - They are slightly heavier than Hoobastank
AudioVent - Seen this band live, and talked with the band for short time. Great people. Lead Singer is Brandon Boyds brother (from Incubus).

Pay particular attention to Audiovent, they are going places. Listne to "the Energy"

Posting here cos enver catch ya much on msn much anymore

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Re: @ LS - couple of bands u might like
Date: November 29, 2002 09:19AM
Posted by: simonsteele
yep, the energy is a great song

Date: November 29, 2002 12:20PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Hoobstank = great :D

shame they gone into all those problems now..i fear that was the end of them.

Date: November 29, 2002 01:09PM
Posted by: LS.
what problems???????

tell me !!!!!!

thanks for the tips ellis, i'll have a listen to them next available chance :-)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: November 29, 2002 01:36PM
discussing it with me mates and apparantly their album didnt sell at all (stupid kazaa) and although crawling in the dark was a major success, they are in trouble with their record label and are likely going bankrupt :(

such a shame

Date: November 29, 2002 02:29PM
The album done very badly in the UK and most of the world, but sold great (for a metal band) in the USA tho.

I persoanlly bought the album.

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: November 29, 2002 03:53PM
The album done very badly in the UK and most of the world, but sold great (for a metal band) in the USA tho.

that problem lies with the record company for not publizising them or promoting there image over here.

Look how big Nsync were in america before their record company moved to introduce them over here, no one had heard of them over here up until about a year ago yet in america they were top of the charts for a few years previous in the states ( they were shite but i am using them as a marketing example)

i went into HMV, Virgin, Our price etc and none of them had the current hoobastank album ( i had to order it from play.com)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: November 29, 2002 04:00PM
Thats very true. But what metal bands are advertised over here? If u look at the American charts, bands like Limp Bizkit and KoRn regularly feature in the top 5s

In the UK, Bizkit have had 1 number 1 (Rollin), 1 number 3 (Take A Look Around), and no other songs featuring in the top 20, which were all top5 hits in the USA

KoRns biggest hit in the UK was "Here To Stay", which went in at a huge........24!!! Compared with No1 in USA

If u think its bad not having the album, Virign have spelt Lost prophets as "Lost Profits" on there CD rack tags

Metal bands in the UK are paid any attention to, because they arent as main stream as they are in the USA - thats why Prophets toured USA before the UK

The only metal band, of recent times to make it big in the UK was, and still is Lipm Bizkit. Even Slipknots singles sell crap (despite the album going number one)

In America, Pop, Rap, Hip-hop, and Metal music all seem to get equal time....whilst here, Pop is the most paid attention too - and programs like Pop-idol, popstars, pop-acadey, or what ever the hell they are arent helping

Metal has picked up ALOT in the UK thansk to statiosn like MTV2, Q and now especially Kerrang

Its hard to blame someone....but if u have to blame somone, then yes, the record company is the best ppl to moan at.

Date: November 29, 2002 04:13PM
and manufactured teen pop..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Date: November 29, 2002 04:18PM
looks like another talented band are about to go under then :-(

LS's Tip of the week
Date: November 30, 2002 04:48AM
Posted by: simonsteele
Metal has picked up ALOT in the UK thansk to statiosn like MTV2, Q and now especially Kerrang

I agree with ya there. I got them channel's last week, and it's opened up a new world of great music. I only ever seem to watch kerrang now

Date: November 30, 2002 07:59AM
Posted by: Vader
Who cares about MTV and all the radio staion at all? Metal never menat tio be for the mass. It is meant tio be underground and it is at its best if it stays there. Ugly, filthy, dirty, mean and dangerous. Can't really hav ethis on MTV, where all that counts is just the image. F*ck it, it's all a bunch of chicken @!#$ conformists. Look at these hyped suckers like Marylin Manson. He is dangerous? Sorry that I laugh, but he is just a sissy that pretends to have balls. In fact for Metal he is just the same as Britney Spears is for Pop.

May I quote Paul Bearer of Sheer Terror from their song Not Waving, Drowning

Never ever have I met so many f*ckin' morons
but you suck it up just like you should
'Cause you've been told that it's good;
So come on, sing your favorite song,
You want it while's at No.1
It's stilll @!#$, no matter how they serve it
Another blast from the mass
They stick it right up your ass
You've been raped, and boy did you deserve it

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: November 30, 2002 08:05AM
And you wouldn't like to discuss this with a 16 stone heap of muscles from Brooklyn NY who has SUFFER tattooed to the back of his shaved head. (A man that also wrote these immortal lines :"You think my hatred has blinded me, but I can see as far as I can spit". Very friendly man, this Paulö Bearer.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 02, 2002 03:52AM
Look at these hyped suckers like Marylin Manson. He is dangerous?

I dont get that...becasue Marlyin Manson has enver once told ppl "im ment to be scary" etc. He just does what he wants

Date: December 02, 2002 05:38AM
Posted by: Covfan
Idlewild are the best! I don't like heavy metal at all.
Date: December 02, 2002 06:12AM
I find bands like that very VERY boring to listen too.

There doesnt sound like theres any music when they are on....just a guy singing....theres no real guitar and stuff :S

Listen to AuidoVent - The Energy - thats guitar!

Limp Bizkit - Take A Look Around (M:I2 soundtrack) - proper guitar..

Date: December 02, 2002 08:59AM
Manson does what he does for the big money, not because he likes to do it. He is like a prostituite selling his body for commercial reasons.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: December 02, 2002 11:39AM
Posted by: Orpheus
Listen to AuidoVent - The Energy - thats guitar!

yes, but crap singing :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: December 02, 2002 01:00PM
You see, I grew at a time when Metal/Hardrock was still underground - that was about the time I got into F1, ie.e in the 70s. That was the time when they did send you to a shrink if they caught you listening to Black Sabbath and the likes. It was a time when wearing leather jackets and jeans with holes at the knees really meant something: revolt agaisnt society in general. Even if I had more freedom then my parents when they were young, I still grew up in a society that was repressive against everything that was considered to be out of norm. We had an enemy, we had a target for our aggression. Nowadays young people (I can only speak for Germany) are just as angry and frustrated as we were, but where do they aim their anger at? Not easy to find targets if you live in a society where "anything goes". Where are the occasions where you have to take a stand and fight for your rights? I mean really fight? When I was young we got punished for our ways of living - nowadays parents meet their kids with the ultimate method of contempt: understanding. How can you be a rebel and find your own place in the world if THEY understand you? if they listen to your kind of music? if they wear the same clothes, have the same hairdo, probably go to the same clubs and concerts? That's why I hate MTV and all other TV music stations - niot for the crap they show, but for destroying the underground. And I hate bands that participate in this mega-sellout - unless they are honest enough to say: Yes, we are into it for the big money. Just take a look at the oldschool NYHC scene or the real Black Metal stuff from Scandinavia. They would sh*t into the faces of those who try to commercialize them, who try to sell them to the masses. Let the majority listen to Bon Jovi, Metallica, etc. I rather take tose who are ugly and proud and have the balls to say NO WAY. Listen to Chickenshit Conformist (Like Your Parents) by Dead Kennedys and you know what I am talking about.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy