What if there is no competition?

Posted by Marki 
What if there is no competition?
Date: August 19, 2002 10:02AM
Posted by: Marki
from simracingworld:

"According to reliable sources, it seems as if there could be no more EA F1-Games in the near future (F1 2002, F1 2003 etc), at least not developed by ISI (Image Space Inc) anyway. Sources state that ISI are "sick of Formula One games", and wish to concentrate on a new Nascar sim instead.

EA refuse to comment on titles that haven't yet been announced, so there is no way of verifying these rumours just yet. Stay tuned for more."

If it's true then there will be no real competition between the 2 rivals and this could affect GP5 too.
Re: What if there is no competition?
Date: August 19, 2002 10:31AM
Posted by: genesis
To be honest, I think it would actually help GP5. It would mean they wouldn't have to rush to finish the game, cos there is no competition to go head-to-head with. GP4 had immense competition with F12002, and in many areas it lost cos they rushed it.

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 19, 2002 12:41PM
Posted by: tux
yeah but, if you think of it another way it could mean that they dont have to try make it even better then the rivel, because there is no rivels the standard may slip :(

Date: August 19, 2002 01:34PM
Posted by: genesis
The standard won't slip, cos GP5 will be at least what GP4 is (hopefully not though).

Visit my website [www.mrears.com]
Date: August 19, 2002 01:50PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I think GP5 is supposred to be the final installment. If that's true, nothing will get closer. Obviously features have been left out of gp4 to help gp5. I think whilst competiton is valuable, it isnt vital in this instance. We know gp5 is going to be fantastic...whether EA stop or not.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: August 19, 2002 02:52PM
Posted by: Lilletto
Just pray for a decent frame rate!

Date: August 19, 2002 05:39PM
Posted by: LS.
i once read that EASports make all thier money from the NFL games anyway, ands they can afford to make games for hte european market.

nascar would be a money spinner for them anyway being targeted at a american market.

if EASports threw enough money at ISI they would continue with thier franchise, i think they are calling hte bluff for more money.

they have all the core programme in place and just need to fine tweak it to make a better sim in F12003

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: August 20, 2002 08:03AM
Posted by: tux
hmm, i never new ISI made it, i thought it was published by ea AND develeoped by ea

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy