Disgusting

Posted by Wirah 
Disgusting
Date: November 29, 2005 09:17PM
Posted by: Wirah
[sports.espn.go.com]

This is terrible. It doesen't seem that FIFA are doing much about racism, especially in Spain and Italy where it is common.

Re: Disgusting
Date: November 29, 2005 09:37PM
Posted by: chet
i dont get why this happens alot in football..

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: November 29, 2005 09:40PM
Posted by: Covfan
This seems to happen mainly in mainland Europe, racism in football in the UK is largely non-existant.
Date: November 29, 2005 11:12PM
yea has improved alot :)

Date: November 29, 2005 11:13PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i dont get why this happens alot in football..

Because it is the biggest sport in the world, it attracts the most idiots. In a smaller sport you'll get less simply because theres less people interested

Gives football fans a bad name

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 29, 2005 11:16PM
has anything like this happend in f1??

i mean abuse at people/teams??

not like people boo-ing at Ferrari in indy ;)

Date: November 29, 2005 11:20PM
Posted by: MrMan
FIFA seem really up for the kicking racism out of football, just don't seem keen to take any action. Good example was the England v Spain match, not long ago, there was monkey chanting when Wright-Philips or Cole got the ball. FIFA fined the Spanish FA 30,000euro's, or something stupidly small. I may be mistaken so correct me if so.

Ci
Date: November 30, 2005 06:37AM
Posted by: bones1834
I love soccer. EPL is my favorite! Being in NY, I have to get up Saturday mornings at 730am to watch. Like my F1.

I love the atmosphere, and would love to know what some club fans are singing during games. What I don't understand is some of the violence that occurs with flares and physically going after the refs. I saw a ref make a questionable call and the team starting pushing him.(Not sure if it was EPL) I couldn't believe it. In American Football if you as so much as touch a hair on a ref, you are ejected. Just questioning a strike call in Baseball gets you kicked out as well.

I would love to go to a match still though.
Date: November 30, 2005 06:39AM
Posted by: bones1834
MrMan Wrote:
> FIFA seem really up for the kicking racism out of
> football, just don't seem keen to take any action.
> Good example was the England v Spain match, not
> long ago, there was monkey chanting when
> Wright-Philips or Cole got the ball. FIFA fined
> the Spanish FA 30,000euro's, or something stupidly
> small. I may be mistaken so correct me if so.
>
> Ci

Interesting. I didn't think racism was as bad in Europe as it is in the US (South mostly).

Date: November 30, 2005 08:15AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Just go to Italy and see it for yourself!
Date: November 30, 2005 08:55AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Bones, the intimidating of the ref does happen in the premier league, sadly.

If I was a ref, I would simply stand my ground as someone ran at me, and just say "stop where you are or its a yellow card" loudly and clearly. If he persists, card him.

Its not acceptable, and unfortunately young players are conditioned by older players into thinking its part of the game - Gary Neville ran 45 yards earlier this year to have a go at the referee, even though he couldn't possibly have seen the incident! He didnt get a card either.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: November 30, 2005 09:23AM
Posted by: b-tone
soccer needs to learn from rugby.
players call rugby refs 'sir' (not always heartfelt, but better than nothing).
if you question a penalty you'll go back 10 yards, touch him, or stand up to him like in and you'd have yourself a decent ban.

i can't watch soccer anymore because its just a load of crap. such a great game too :(

as for the racism, good on that guy for picking up the ball. if that happened every time then something would happen.
if someone like sol campbell and a few others walked off at an intetnational, racism would stop pretty much overnight.

they should shut sections of stadiums that cause problems. cllose it down for 6 months.

____
Tony

Date: November 30, 2005 09:59AM
Posted by: Peat
just ban football, simple.

Date: November 30, 2005 10:23AM
I do love that in rugby, you just DO NOT argue with the ref, or even question a decision. They're conditioned that way, so it CAN be put in place in footie.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: November 30, 2005 02:16PM
Posted by: rocker
Racism is the most stupid thing.

My favorite sport is Motoracing, I like football also, but I'm not a die-hard fan.

But going to the stadium watch games is really great. I don't go to every game (in fact I go to 6/7 matchs during the year, most in the time I don't have class in the uni). I live 5/10 minutes walking from my team stadium so it's pretty easy to me to watch the game there. But I don't spend time watching football on TV (when it's the final games and my team can be the champ than I watch).

But one thing I get really sad and mad about football is that some people took it as their life. Here in Brazil it's common people fight after matchs (when 2 big teams play against).

--------------------------------------------
Rocker
Date: November 30, 2005 06:56PM
Posted by: Covfan
Peat Wrote:
> just ban football, simple.
>
>

And herein lies ignorance, racism is a fundemental problem in these countries, it just happens to be that it manifests itself in football more than other sports (as Ellis said, because it's the most popular)
Date: November 30, 2005 07:41PM
Football: Gentlemans sport played by hoolagins
Rugby: Hoolagins sport played by Gentlemen

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 30, 2005 08:56PM
Posted by: Wirah
Doesen't really help when "reputable" staff such as Luís Aragones make racist comments. What he said to Reyes about Henry was just unacceptable.

Date: November 30, 2005 09:52PM
Quick google says Luís Aragones is the spanish coach? First result thta came up was people wanting him to be punished for racist comments.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: November 30, 2005 11:42PM
but they're not actually going to do anything.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy