Best wheel/pedal set

Posted by AustinF1 
Best wheel/pedal set
Date: April 23, 2017 04:56PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have been using the Logitec Momo FB wheel/two pedal combo for a few years. It has intermitent problems with becoming "uncalibrated" on certain circuits, i.e. Monaco or Surfers Paradise. Sometimes when turning sharp over a curb, it will loose its' Force Feedback and want to go all the way right or left. Continuing (if one can avoid crashing) I can turn the wheel all the way right and all the way left back and forth a few times and it will "regain" itself, temporarily. I like the way this set looks and works but if it is not the best set for GP4, I am open to suggestions. I am getting a Win 7 PC with an I5 and 8 Gigs of ram to replace the old HP XP unit, which is getting very tired. Thanks in advance, guys.
Re: Best wheel/pedal set
Date: April 23, 2017 05:55PM
Posted by: madotter
I would recommend the T300 with the F1 wheel add on to anyone. It's price is higher than Logitech but what you get is simply amazing.

Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz, MSI Z97 Gaming 5, Corsair Hydro H55 Quiet Liquid CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB, Palit GeForce GTX 970 Jetstream 4096MB, Samsung 250GB 850 EVO SSD, SuperFlower Leadex
"80 Plus Gold" 650W Fully Modular, Corsair M65 Pro RGB, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Thrustmaster T300 w/ Ferrari F1, GTE & Italia 458 Add-On wheels, GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator, 34" Asus Predator X34A Curved Ultrawide.
Date: April 24, 2017 12:06PM
Posted by: gav
I can't comment on GP4 compatibility (haven't played it for about 13 years) but I agree that the T300 is very good. What isn't good on the T300 is the pedals.

I bought the Ferrari Alcantara T300 Edition instead, which gets your the same T300 base, a very slightly larger wheel (Ferrari themed, but I can live with that) but most importantly the upgraded T3PA pedals (which can also be bought separately). OK it's more money, but for things like iRacing it's worth it.

Still I don't do much racing these days - the necessary practice was starting to wear thin.
Date: April 25, 2017 09:55AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
I second that. Same package than Gav and it worth it.

I *think* I tested it with GP4 and was working OK (no tweaking done though, so it was just a basic test if I did it)

GPGSL: S8 : SCR Tester (5th) // Season 9/10 - JHR Driver | GPG Nation Cup: Monaco (S3 : 10th; S4 : 19th; S5 : 5th)
S11 : Mistral Team Owner | S11 : Mistral Team Owner[/b]
Date: July 18, 2017 12:10PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Just don't get the Fanatec Clubsport V2 or CSR Elites for pedals - axes are inverted on GP4 for both, and thus far I have found no way to fix that.

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3GHz
EVGA GTX 980
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600MHz RAM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, Vader, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy