Best wheel/pedal set

Posted by AustinF1 
Best wheel/pedal set
Date: April 23, 2017 04:56PM
Posted by: AustinF1
I have been using the Logitec Momo FB wheel/two pedal combo for a few years. It has intermitent problems with becoming "uncalibrated" on certain circuits, i.e. Monaco or Surfers Paradise. Sometimes when turning sharp over a curb, it will loose its' Force Feedback and want to go all the way right or left. Continuing (if one can avoid crashing) I can turn the wheel all the way right and all the way left back and forth a few times and it will "regain" itself, temporarily. I like the way this set looks and works but if it is not the best set for GP4, I am open to suggestions. I am getting a Win 7 PC with an I5 and 8 Gigs of ram to replace the old HP XP unit, which is getting very tired. Thanks in advance, guys.
Re: Best wheel/pedal set
Date: April 23, 2017 05:55PM
Posted by: madotter
I would recommend the T300 with the F1 wheel add on to anyone. It's price is higher than Logitech but what you get is simply amazing.
Date: April 24, 2017 12:06PM
Posted by: gav
I can't comment on GP4 compatibility (haven't played it for about 13 years) but I agree that the T300 is very good. What isn't good on the T300 is the pedals.

I bought the Ferrari Alcantara T300 Edition instead, which gets your the same T300 base, a very slightly larger wheel (Ferrari themed, but I can live with that) but most importantly the upgraded T3PA pedals (which can also be bought separately). OK it's more money, but for things like iRacing it's worth it.

Still I don't do much racing these days - the necessary practice was starting to wear thin.
Date: April 25, 2017 09:55AM
Posted by: EricMoinet
I second that. Same package than Gav and it worth it.

I *think* I tested it with GP4 and was working OK (no tweaking done though, so it was just a basic test if I did it)

Date: July 18, 2017 12:10PM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
Just don't get the Fanatec Clubsport V2 or CSR Elites for pedals - axes are inverted on GP4 for both, and thus far I have found no way to fix that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy