Perfect USB copy protection solution

Posted by hesterl 
Perfect USB copy protection solution
Date: December 03, 2013 09:35AM
Posted by: hesterl
“Morning, I'm seeking a piece of software that will enable me to copy protect files that I distribute via USB stick, can anyone help with some names please?”

“Making and nontransferable file? Anyone have any insight?
I plan on selling an ebook (its a pdf) and a emulator, but I want to make sure whoever i sell it to cant give it away or resell it by copying it to a flash drive. So what do I do? I want to be able to give them the stuff via flash drive, then make it so they can only read it or delete it, but not copy it. So again, what do I do? Is it even possible? Ur help is greatly appreciated. ”

To prepare the USB stick, you will need a system where GNU/Linux is already running and where USB is supported. With current GNU/Linux systems the USB stick should be automatically recognized when you insert it. If it is not you should check that the usb-storage kernel module is loaded. When the USB stick is inserted, it will be mapped to a device named /dev/sdX, where the "X" is a letter in the range a-z. You should be able to see to which device the USB stick was mapped by running the command dmesg after inserting it. To write to your stick, you may have to turn off its write protection switch.

Although "Bitlocker" function and "TrueCrypt" are good method to protect USB, it just can protect USB from "opening" not "copying". LINK REMOVED is an easy to use and portable program to encrypt and lock your files with powerful function. Here is a quick look at how to use it and make some settings as a new user.

Here are 4 steps about how to copy protect a USB flash drive:

Step 1. Download and run the program.

Step 2. Set access permission for your files.

You can customize access permissions here in "Permission Settings" window. You can assign specific access permissions to different users according to your need.

Step 3. Select a appropriate security strength.

In the "Options" window, you can set suitable security strength for your locked files. We suggest you choose the 'Normal' strength as the default setting if you use this program for the fist time.

Step 4. Finish the copy protection flash drive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 12:14PM by mortal.
Re: Perfect USB copy protection solution
Date: December 03, 2013 12:24PM
Posted by: mortal
First time I've seen a question being asked and answered in the same post. What's your point?
However, I did notice that the R.I.P.E WHOIS for the domain link you posted, is identical to your own ip address.
I've removed the link, just a little courtesy to the members of this site. Had you bothered to read the RULES you would have noted that selling of goods on this site is not permitted unless it meets the genre of this site, and that would be gamer related.
Posting a link to your own computer is suspect to say the least, and I wont allow the members of this site to have their data mined in some fashion.
Post again and you'll be shutting the door behind you on your way out.

Edit: Actually that's technically incorrect, I'll be shutting it for you.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2013 12:25PM by mortal.
Date: December 03, 2013 03:27PM
Posted by: smoglessbutton4
He's tried it before: [www.grandprixgames.org]

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Date: December 03, 2013 03:45PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Stop arguing with the spambots, guys!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: December 04, 2013 09:51AM
Posted by: mortal
I missed that one...deleted. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy