how many gears

Posted by Shortty 
how many gears
Date: March 18, 2003 03:32AM
Posted by: Shortty
in 2002 what teams had 6 gears and what teams 7 gears.
and who was on bridgestone's and who was on michelins.
thanks
Re: how many gears
Date: March 18, 2003 03:41AM
Posted by: Ellis
i guess all the cars ran 7 gears

Michelin - williams, McLaren, Jaguar, Minardi, Renault, toyota
Bridgestone - ferrari, BAR, Jordan, Sauber, Arrows,

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 18, 2003 05:33AM
Posted by: jimbo
Minardi, Renault and Toyota = 6 gears, all others = 7
Date: March 18, 2003 05:39AM
Renault defiantly ran 7.

In sepang the digital graphics showed the Renault of Button changing into 7th

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 19, 2003 05:01AM
Posted by: bazza
What about this year?

Baz

Date: March 19, 2003 05:24AM
Posted by: jimbo
All 7 this year (I think)
Renault definatly 6 all 2002. Digital tv didn't have a gear graphic (?) at least not on Sky. I manually counted gear changes for all teams at Monza on Free practice, cos I was editing my game for 2002 at the time. Later in the session Peter Windsor (Sky TV) mentioned that Renault had six gears, as he was talking about set up for the long straights. In addition Autocourse annual 2002 has them down as using a six speed box. Also, Renault F1 website has an 2002 archive. Look at the data maps for 2002 circuits, shows gear for different corners, max is 6th.
Date: March 19, 2003 05:27AM
Renault definatly 6 all 2002. Digital tv didn't have a gear graphic (?) at least not on Sky.

ture, but you could hear it changing into 7th gear. I watched it at Sepang and we were on board with Button alot towards the end of the races and we noticed that the car was running on three wheels in right handers. buttons Sepang car most defiantly ran 7 gears. The rest of the season i duno.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy