Installshield error 0x80040707 [fixed]
Date: February 12, 2012 12:11AM
Posted by: Heli-Maniac
Hello to all Racers here.

I can't install GP4 due to the Installshield error 0x80040707. Shortly after starting installing the application the error shows up. Got a Windows XP system on a laptop.
My searches in the web showed me that this error is not unknown. I also was told that the solution most probably is application-specific. That's why I'm here. But unfortunately so far my searches in this forum resulted in nothing.

Is there a solution for this problem?
I would be happy to get this thing running before next WE. Have to show my son the ropes or most probably loose against him.... :-)

Thanks for your answers.
Erhard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 01:30PM by mortal.
Re: Installshield error 0x80040707
Date: February 12, 2012 06:39AM
Posted by: mortal
First run Windows Update and make sure your OS is up to date. Then download and install CCleaner and clean the registry. Then open this page and check the registry values for XP. Make any changes to the registry if you have to. Then reboot and run the installation setup.exe on the cd as administrator.
Let us know how you get on with it. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: February 14, 2012 01:13PM
Posted by: Heli-Maniac
I like the quality of the information here. Thanks al lot. (D)
Updating Windows was enough.

Looks like the next WE will be full of fun.
Heli-Maniac
Date: February 14, 2012 01:29PM
Posted by: mortal
You're welcome, this is after all the number 1 grandprixgames site. :-) The bill is in the mail!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy