Can't change Villeneuve and Panis helmet in patched version 9.6

Posted by Sennas 
Hello all!

I have this problem that I am almost sure you all have. I can't change number 9 and 10 drivers helmets in the game, no matter what. I have tryed all and I think this two helmets are somewhere else (maybe inn gp4.exe?). Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Nice greeting from Slovenia!
There is also a problem with Yoongs Helmet....

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Hello slovenck, kwa je zdej :)

Look, the problem might be, that it's using another file. I downloaded Minardi 2002 for GP4 and it was in cars.wad under the minardi02.xxx name, not under original minardi.xxx name, so the game recognized just minardi02, now i reinstalled the cars.wad without minardi02.xxx and now it's working fine.. Try to open the cars.wad and than check the helmets with gp4master editor..

"I will drive flat out all the time. I love racing." - Gilles Villeneuve
look in the cars\ folder as well

The helmets are fine and I don't think that is the problem Mviper.
Another solution?
(To MViper: al pa je? he he, ne bi vedel tocno, vem da je cudno, ker ce z originalnimi cars.wad od patcha v9.6 dam noter nove celade, se vedno ne deluva)
theres a few helmets in the cars\ folder, try deleting them

Guys, I think this problem is solved with GPxPatch.

Regards,
John

Dumass I think all the helmets are in cars folder. (they are named driverxx_1.tex and so on). I have installed newest gpxpatch333 and the problem still exist. I will try to work it out.
All of you are welcome to try and please let me know if anyone has this thing working.
Sennas,

I had this problem (everyone did/does, actually), but no more. I thought gpxpatch solved it. Try:

-inserting your own performance *.txt file with gpxpatch (use GP4 Edit to create the text file), flipping the drivers.

Regards,
John
John-nicholas,

I am sorry but that doesn't work. I have tried like you said but helmet's won't change. Then I deleted them from cars folder and they were still in the game, but if i delete other helmets textures in the game they become white (there is no texture). I think this two helmets are stored somewhere else....
I belive that in the original gp4 was a mistake with those two drivers and they swapped it in the patch and my guess is that the helmets are build in gp4.exe........perhaps I am wrong......
Damm you Geoff!
In your GP4 folder there is a directory called cars.

In it there are some .tex files including the ones for the helmets of drivers 9,10 and 21.

Just copy the same .tex files from your cars.wad over these files.

It appears that the patched GP4 loads these textures over the ones in your cars.wad.

EJ-14
Yep. That's what happened to me. And that's how I solved it. Sloppy work from Geoff's team. Weird. ;)

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Thanks EJ-14, it is working perfect. But I must say it is strange and I didn't think that helmets would be in that place.....thanks again
i have the soultion for all the unchanged helmets problem and lighting problems
we all when we patched the game used the Gp4.exe sized 5,8m
(sorry i only can rememebr how to diifrenate bettwen them only by size)
there is another patch sized 5,6 use thise one
sorry but i patched the game along time ago
and i can,t remember the virsions number
i hope i helped

note
(this may cause a problem when changing the livery using GP4 master
Hakki, I think you may be refering to the non-official patch which was withdrawn and was causing some problems with a few peeps.

This is a really annoying problem though and gets so confusing when you start updating the game with new cars/helmets and performance files because they are all so different.

It would be good if a standard could be established in that it is agreed that for instance Toyota always takes Minardi's place and Minardi takes Prost's place instead of vice-versa.

And the Yoong and Webber numbers seem to get changed around in some Perf files too.... nightmare

Oh well
Yup, I had the same problems, just pasting the helmets you want into the cars folder does the trick!

....................I quite like this now.
Before I forget, the only helmet I need now is Panis. Anyone got one?

....................I quite like this now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy