JUST CANT GET GP4 WORKING

Posted by cloverleaf159 
Re: JUST CANT GET GP4 WORKING
Date: January 29, 2012 04:57PM
Posted by: cloverleaf159
ok quick update... at last managed to get the game working with the no cd. exe..... weird though. it seems wzip was extracting the files properly so tried jzip and it worked.

so game loads etc and it ran the graphics detecting settings

but still strange things are going on.

for some reason , the bodywork of the ferraris is completely white from the cockpit of my williams and all cars have a weird white patch at the back in the gearbox area. If i move into the ferrari though, the drivers cockpit view shows red bodywork

ive tried mucking about with the graphic details within the game, but have had no luck

any ideas
Date: January 31, 2012 05:57AM
Posted by: cloverleaf159
ok guys. all sorted.... first of all a big thank you to big brother.

it was his suggestion to download zaz tools and use his 2011 carset file he created

i did download zaz tools but couldnt get his link for the carset to download but ended up loading a 2004 carset and hey presto it works great

so a big thank you again to big brother

also a big thank you to mortal who tried to help me in the first instance when the game wouldnt even run and spent many hours trying to help despite the fact i didnt have a clue what i was doing being an xp user and brand new to windows 7. If you swore at me, i dont blame you, lol... i was calling myself names too.. believe me

thanks also to everyone else who gave me ideas and tips to help solve my problems

do appreciate everyones help
Date: January 31, 2012 06:33AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
Your welcome, retry the download link, its working perfect but takes a while :) to complete the download
Date: February 18, 2012 11:51PM
Posted by: arniesan
I get a loop telling me that dx8.1 must be installed to play the game. I install and the program says dx8.1 successfully installed...go to play and I am back to being asked to install dx8.1....and so on.
I,ve got win7 premium 64K
i7 @ 4GHz
Ati 6970 2GB Graphics
12GB DDR3 Memory
dx 11
Sound card Creative SB X-Fi

I would be very grateful for any help; as since upgrading to win7 64k I cannot get the game to run.

Also now getting black frozen screen and message: Unable to load file:f1 system.txt please re-install GP4. I have re-installed twice but still get the same message.
I am not too PC savvy, so please be gentle with me!!

Got an update that is strange. Tried GP4 on a little laptop I have and it runs as sweet as a nut...the laptop is Win7 64k; same as on my gaming PC...so it can't be win7 that is the problem. Loaded it to a stick and copied and pasted it onto my gaming rig, but it still wont run. All the files are there that are on the stick. I give up...back to rFactor and the like.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2012 03:52PM by arniesan.
Date: February 19, 2012 01:13PM
Posted by: mortal
Have you looked at P1 of this thread, some useful info there.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy