Anyone else to host cars.wad from "AWESOME CARS" thread?

Posted by stanc 
Having only just got going in GP4 again, I was thrilled to hear about AveryGPfan's AWESOME CARS cars.wad and other files. Since's he's no longer hosting them, is there anywhere else us n00bs could grab them from somewhere else? Or does some other site have them up?

TIA!
seems that it has mysteriously disappeared off the net and no one wants to offer a reason why... :(

shame really as it was a good thing while it lasted and noobs/dumb asses like me (and others I am sure) could get the benefit of the wizards out there who have time and patience to fiddle with all the different carsets , shapes etc.

Perhaps some anally retentive people didn't like such sharing, I hope that is not the answer tho'

que sera sera
I've built up a pretty good cars.wad and compared to some carsets that are on the various sites, it's bloody good. How can I get it up online others to try out?
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
@ captainvik

I don't know about the "anally" habits of forum members, but AveryGPFan did actually bloody well explain why he removed the wads from the net. He simply needed his webspace for other purposes.

@ JackieStewart

You need some webspace to upload the files to and then post the link to it here. Simple.

You could also ask the webmaster of this site if your wad can placed in the download section of grandprixgames.org. Look at the main page for upload info and contact addresses. You should, however, clarify the copyright conditions, since I guess you are using carshapes and textures made by others. Unless you want to end up as Leecher of the Month in some Hall of Shame, ask the makers of the add on parts for permission before you publish the wad or at least give them DUE credit.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
@ Vader

I read that thread and didn't bloody well see it clearly explained at all..... and did indeed ask in that thread getting no bloody reply.

so therefore the bloody query...

now I go and mop up all the blood.

My point was that the thread and purpose of it was great then and still is now if it can continue then Hooray if it can't well bad bloody luck I guess.
BLOOD GUTS GORE SPLATTER MAYHEM LOOTING AAAAGRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Now I feel better.

Well, I agree with you, but still we need someone to provide the websapce for us.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Cheers Vader, I'll probably wait anyway 'cos I'm sure that 2003 carsets will be coming along shortly.

....................I quite like this now.
Too true.... things have been looking up for gp4 lately and eventually I think the modding might even overtake F1 2002 :-)

maybe wishful thinking... but then again the guys are doing some great stuff with it now and progress indicates a track editor cannot be too far away.

go gp4 .... vrooooommmmmmmm
I have about 50 mb of storage space on my ISP I could set up to host some of these files if anyone would like me too. I can set up a little GP4 website to do this if there is an interest in this. Just let me know and I will get it set up.
Cheers to all

Senna_Fan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMD 64 3500+ Processor, Geil 1gb ddr3200 ram, ABit AV8 MB, ATI Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP operating system.
I can do something, but can someone tell me where to find free web-space, that allows big files? Coz most free web-space doesn't allow files bigger that 3-4MB

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy