Tutorial on how to build a CSM mod??

Posted by shep34 
Tutorial on how to build a CSM mod??
Date: December 17, 2011 09:41PM
Posted by: shep34
Just wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial that may be posted anywhere on the net, that explains and shows how to build your own CSM mod? For example, I want to turn an Empty Mod into a 2012 F1 Mod. As a total novice in how to build a CSM mod, i need to know what needs renaming, how i link these renamed files to various other files to make everything load together, and give me a working mod.....

I browsed through the FAQ here on the site, and didn't see anything that explains this building process, so.... just asking!

Or even easier, hopefully a 2012 Empty Mod gets posted, where in theory (according to my CSM naivety) all i would have to do is add helmets and cars to the folders, then load the CSM and all works fine!!(H)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Re: Tutorial on how to build a CSM mod??
Date: December 18, 2011 10:16AM
Posted by: Stoopid
Glen, I'm not sure if there is a tutorial or not, I've not been able to find one myself. Maybe someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

The little I do know about mod building I've learnt myself from downloading other mods and seeing how they work. There is an empty 2009 mod which I'm sure you could use over at gp4db.com

[www.gp4db.com]

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Date: December 19, 2011 03:51PM
Posted by: fongu
There's a lot to it to be honest, and I also learned from other mods. You can get pretty complicated with it, which is great when you want lots of flexibility with your mod, but it can also be simplified to simply throw your cars in a folder and it will almost sort the rest out for you. For sure the 2009 empty mod is a good base, and I would use the 2006 mod (also from gp4db) to see how it all looks in a fully fleshed mod. The 1994 mod has a ridiculous amount of code in and is about as complicated as it gets.

To get you off the ground, edit the cars, helmets, anim, tyres and rim configs first then go back to edit your csm file and your globalvars.ini in the settings file.

Date: December 20, 2011 01:40AM
Posted by: TomMK
The 2011 empty mod on GP4 Central has been designed to be as simple as possible, and I plan on writing a basic tutorial for the site next year.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy