So it's goodbye season...

Posted by Prblanco 
So it's goodbye season...
Date: December 06, 2011 03:07PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Seeing the (sad) goodbyes from gezere and Isaint, guess it's time to communicate my own goodbye :)

Earlier this year I took the decision to leave GP4 in 2012, and nothing has changed since then. Time surely does fly, as I've been in this community for 7 years already. Finding new interests and hobbies, it's time for me to move on. Currently I'm the bass guitarist of a heavy metal band (provisionally named "Seek and Destroy";), and while we have no compositions of our own yet, we'll be doing our first "public" presentation (in a birthday party) the weekend before Christmas. I'm really enjoying this new adventure.

I want to thank all that followed me in all those years. It's been great years, and although this place has seen its share of hardships, it's still the worldwide reference when it comes to GP4.

I still plan to release 2 or 3 (maybe 4?) tracks under the F1virtual badge before I finally stop. The rest of the team will take care of the unfinished tracks. For now, I grant permission for anyone to freely modify any of my works (please note that for many works, you still need the permission of the other authors).

That's it for now.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 04:36PM by Prblanco.
Re: So it's goodbye season...
Date: December 06, 2011 03:35PM
Posted by: fongu
Many thanks for your contribution for the community, your work on tracks has been amazing, f1 Virtual tracks still stand out amongst the rest in quality and playablity.

Date: December 06, 2011 03:54PM
Posted by: brudu92
Thanks for your works I Will miss you
Date: December 06, 2011 04:21PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Paolo, sad news mate! But you have an interesting future ahead of you for sure! :)

I have to listen to your band, it's right up my alley. Maybe you could send me an PM when you release your first song or something :)

Thanks for all the tracks you've helped make for us! I just had one more wish, and that is a fix for Magny-Cours 2008. For some reason it does not work with my nvidia card (I've tried both version of the track)
But I guess that's someone else's job now. Maybe mine if I want it fixed ;)

Anyway, have a great life mate! Good Luck! :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2011 04:22PM by SkaaningeN.
Date: December 06, 2011 07:51PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
fongu Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many thanks for your contribution for the
> community, your work on tracks has been amazing,
> f1 Virtual tracks still stand out amongst the rest
> in quality and playablity.

+11111111
Date: December 06, 2011 08:03PM
Posted by: celinho
"Currently I'm the bass guitarist of a heavy metal band (provisionally named "Seek and Destroy", and while we have no compositions of our own yet, we'll be doing our first "public" presentation (in a birthday party) the weekend before Christmas."
I wonder how it will be "Happy Birthday to you" on this anniversary !!!!! hot
Anyway keep in touch.
Success.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: December 06, 2011 08:42PM
Posted by: andreigp4
Huge loss! Thank you for everything!(B) God bless!

____
Date: December 06, 2011 11:31PM
Posted by: kerleyf1
No good... no good news...

But i wish you the best (as I said to Isaint).

Hope in 2012 you got "new air" and back to GP4 (always we do this :-)).

Thanks for all track and works.

Kerley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog
Date: December 06, 2011 11:44PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Another great and active modder leaving .... :( But I wish you all the best for your private and future projects.... And thank you very much for all what you brought to the community! ;-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: December 07, 2011 01:02AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Nooo you aswell!! Good luck with you music band and hope the first performance goes well!

Date: December 07, 2011 02:25AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Picture yourself gathered with so many talented people all around the world, specially someone thinner than Robert Kubica and a big fellow for so many years...

Well, you are ME.

After years devoted to GP4, best achievement so far was making so good friends for the rest of my life.

Paulo, you did just and always the best you could. F1 virtual team is part of GP4 history.

I´ll be around. See ya!

By the way, you will not leave till Magny-cours BUG get solved (H)

Date: December 07, 2011 09:42AM
Posted by: Briere
Magny-Cours bug. Sounds interresting. Is it about the skid marks that become extra large, reaching the whole track width at some point ?

As seen in :

Date: December 07, 2011 10:38AM
Posted by: jucksman
Another big loss for GP4...I wish you all the best in this new chapter of your life, mate!
Date: December 07, 2011 02:23PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Many thanks for your amazing works in GP4 over the years, it's been an honour to work with you on a couple of those tracks!

Good luck for your other interests and your band!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: December 07, 2011 03:28PM
Posted by: Isaint
Sad to See you go also my friend. Thanx for all your Great work.;-)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: December 07, 2011 03:47PM
Posted by: senna9194
Another great modder who says goodbye.That's sad.Good luck for you and your projects anyway!:-)

My GPGSL Career
Date: December 07, 2011 03:52PM
Posted by: vesuvius
sad news indeed...but all the best for your Paulo for your new hobbies! thanks for all the work you did with cars and tracks :-)
Date: December 07, 2011 05:04PM
Posted by: Pont
All good editors are leaving gp4,,,,is this the beginning of the end ?
Date: December 07, 2011 05:33PM
Posted by: johnbad1000
I hope not.GP4 is the best F1 simulator ever.
F1 Challenge is arcade,rFactor is NOT a F1 game and F1 2011 is even worse than 2010
Don't retire GP4,please.

Watch my GP4 youtube videos:

[www.youtube.com]
Date: December 07, 2011 05:39PM
Posted by: skyline86
Very sad news! But, please fix all Magny-Cours 2008 bug, because i want enjoy all tracks from f1virtual. GP4 will die if it don't have support from f1virtual team! Thank you for all great track!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy