2003 cars. Post in here

Posted by Ellis 
Re: 2003 cars. Post in here
Date: March 22, 2003 04:41PM
Posted by: EJ-14
It's in the 2003 section, and i thought it was meant to be CTDP'S carshape based on their FW25 for F1-2002?

COULD BE WRONG 2

:)
Date: March 23, 2003 04:41AM
Posted by: bojan_tarticchio
No, it's original 2001 carshape. My work is about remapping original carshapes, as you now most of them have very messed texture mapping.
I painted 2003 skin just to cover it with something, I know it's not a proper 2003 car.
Viper is working on CTDP's carshape, as far as I know...

---------------------
Bojan Tarticchio
Date: March 23, 2003 09:54AM
Posted by: erwin_78
i just released this one, go and see if your favorite website also received it. :)

Textures are from Guyon Waltmans.

WYSIWYG / F1: Overtaking has become a strategy!
Date: March 23, 2003 10:02AM
Posted by: variante_ascari
yaay!!! gonna get it now!

Date: March 23, 2003 11:02AM
Posted by: edd882
Bah can't find it anywhere yet. Oh well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Do you see Darrell Waltrip using up his tyres?
Date: March 23, 2003 12:12PM
Posted by: NiGhTmArE666
[forum.gamers.nl]

There u go , until you will find it at every big GP site :)

For the peoplle who noticed that Gp4.gamers.nl is not updates is because we changed our url to gp4.gamer.nl and with that the database did come up with a couple of failures. We are working on them now so don't worry :)

Webmaster [gp4.gamer.nl]
ICQ 34979918
e-mail : niels@gp3.gamers.nl
Date: March 23, 2003 12:47PM
Posted by: AveryGPFan
I can host a wad and all the bits for a 2003season. Car, anim, performance.
Let me know if interested:)

Date: March 23, 2003 12:53PM
Posted by: Spike02
wait wait wait, i wanna show y'all the WIP Minardi PS03 i'm working on, but lycos servers are moving, so i can't right now :(

Date: March 23, 2003 01:35PM
Posted by: Orpheus
yah, my ej13 is wip atm too :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 23, 2003 03:48PM
Posted by: Zjokke
When you've installed the new toyota and you 're playing in lowres, don't forget to copy & rename the hi_prost_1.tex, ... files to prost_1.tex, ... files and implement the into the cars.wad.

This toyota looks awsome!!!!!!

btw : Is someone develloping a hi quality sauber??
Date: March 23, 2003 04:09PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Oh, SUPERB work guys. These are the biz.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: March 23, 2003 05:11PM
Whoops........got a problem.
The new Williams (yeah, the 2001 shape) is fine.
The Toyota's really messing with my current Minardi.
I followed Erwin's install instructions to the letter.
Even re-named the prost files (as Zjokke pointed out).
What's happening man!?!!

Date: March 24, 2003 12:41AM
Posted by: Zjokke
Did you also installed the minardi van Marcello Ribeiro? I had a similar problem between the minardi and the toyota.
What I did was the following :
1. Unzip the shapes from the Minardi carshape from Nicola Acciarri & Schroeder into a dir.
2. Unzip the 2003 minardi from Marcello into the same dir (allow overwrite)
3. Rename the lod files with the gp4 extention. The carshape from nicola and schroeder is based on a prost shape.
So for example rename "car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4" to "car_minardi_car1_lod_0.gp4".
Make sure that all names are minardi. Now you have a complet working minardi car.

If you don't do this the minardi and toyota car will conflict with each other because the toyota car is based on the prost shape.

I also started from a 'clean' cars.wad file. I highly recommend you to do this to, since you most probably have overwritten your original prost shapes. (the lod files)

Hope this will help
Date: March 24, 2003 05:27AM
Posted by: b-tone
i don't know much but...

1-the .gp4 files link to .tex files. (ye?)
2-so renaming the tex files messes it up. but renaimng the gp4 files is fine.(ye?)
3-so to get vipers ferrari into slot 11, i'd rename the gp4 files to prost (car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4). (ye?)
4-and becuase every years order changes it would be wise to name the gp4 files according to the 2001 season. ie- if you make a 2003 mclaren, which is in slot 3 for 2003 but slot 2 in 2001, it would be good to name the gp2 files as williams (car_williams_car1_lod_0.gp4) (ye?).

5-or is there an easier way?

the minardi and toyota i have both have prost.tex filenames. i didnt try Zjokke's idea but will now.

oh...
Date: March 24, 2003 05:39AM
Posted by: Ellis
1-the .gp4 files link to .tex files. (ye?)/i]

Yes. The .gp4 file are the shape, and the tex are the textures. The shape knows what textures it must find

2-so renaming the tex files messes it up. but renaimng the gp4 files is fine.(ye?)

Kinda true. Renaming tex does mess it up. If u rename a gp4 wrongly it will crash the game so if ur moving it slots u mst be carefull with the names.

3-so to get vipers ferrari into slot 11, i'd rename the gp4 files to prost (car_prost_car1_lod_0.gp4). (ye?)

Yup

-and becuase every years order changes it would be wise to name the gp4 files according to the 2001 season. ie- if you make a 2003 mclaren, which is in slot 3 for 2003 but slot 2 in 2001, it would be good to name the gp2 files as williams (car_williams_car1_lod_0.gp4) (ye?).

Yes, that is true, altho sumtime it doesnt seem to work like that

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 24, 2003 05:49AM
Posted by: b-tone
thanks ellis.
i've been messing with my 2003 wad for a while but the toyota isnt in yet, and i just played and it crashed. so..
if someone has a complete 2003 wad in working order would that person mind listing the details???
please

like this:

team: William FW25
author: Bojan Tarticchio
rename gp4 filename to: car_mclaren_car1_lod...

or something

thanks
Date: March 24, 2003 05:56AM
Posted by: W@llierossi
Hi Guys...

Glad you all like Erwin's toyota with my textures on them...

I'm not totally satisfied on them (the textures) yet, so i'll worj on them to be perfect when it's released in the season pack...

BTW I just registered here so I should say Hi to y'all first..

HI :D

Greetz

Guyon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adeus Ayrton! Valeu Campeão!"
"Goodbye Ayrton! Thanks
Champion!"

Member of gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season pack
Date: March 24, 2003 06:43AM
Posted by: marcl
Any one have any idea when the 2003 season pack will be ready I can not wait.
Date: March 24, 2003 08:37AM
Posted by: W@llierossi
marcl wrote:

> Any one have any idea when the 2003 season pack will be ready
> I can not wait.

To which season pack are you reffering?

I guess there will be several packs available in due time (o.a. the gp4.gamer.nl season pack) but this will take a while....

That's why we (and I think most designers) decided tot release the cars one-by-one and then release a pack (with some extra features and updated cars).

So I guess the single cars will have to do for now...

I noticed that all team cars are downloadable (not every one in very good quality but still satisfactory)

BTW Raymond Smits is going to release a 2003 helmet set very soon (which will also be available in our season pack).

Greetz

Guyon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Adeus Ayrton! Valeu Campeão!"
"Goodbye Ayrton! Thanks
Champion!"

Member of gp4.gamer.nl 2004 season pack
Date: March 24, 2003 02:14PM
We're not ready for a season pack yet. There's no decent Jag, I've still to see a good Sauber with the right shape and tex's, the Williams' that are out there all have bugs and ofcourse, the McLaren is last years (although there are good tx's on old shapes and visa versa). Edwin's Toyota certainly looks the biz above but there's install problems (as noted) and I don't think there's a completed Minardi.
If I'm "off the ball" a wee bit with this, feel free to point me in the direction of the files.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy