CSM Car Power Issues

Posted by bob197724 
CSM Car Power Issues
Date: December 04, 2011 05:20PM
Posted by: bob197724
Chaps

I'm having a weird issue with some CSM mods. My car seems to have less power than the other cars. They just drive away from me. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it an issue with default setups? I've tried other setups but no good. It's driving me mad as it happens on 2 of my favourite mods, 83 and 85.
Re: CSM Car Power Issues
Date: December 04, 2011 05:39PM
Posted by: melnibonian
Personally I am not using the default setups in either of these mods. So far in 1985 I haven't seen any significant difference between my car and the oposition. I have though faced the problem you mention in 1988 mod.

in my opinion there are three possible solutions to this.

1. Work hard and optimise the setup (takes a lot of time though and if you don't have enough it is a problem)
2. Use TSM to see the optimal setup for the track you're using or use other setups from other mods/seasons. usually this does the trick for me as it gives me a competitive car.
3. Edit the performance files, thus limiting the power and capabilities of the oposition (personally I do not recommend this)

Hope this helps
Date: December 04, 2011 07:31PM
Posted by: pippo46
I had/have the same problem, & it's really 'funny' especially Racing a McLaren Mercedes & then STRUGGLING to OVERTAKE an HRT or Lotus in straightline speed!!

I have tried different setups, especially minimizing the rear wing, but this not always helps especially in a high downforce circuit.

Last solution I found which sort of worked was "edit the tweak" notepad........ it worked a bit...... (it's a .ini file in main mod folder)

Hope this helps!
Date: December 04, 2011 09:14PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
You can edit the physic file in a csm mod, there you can adjust the BHP for player only !!!!
Date: December 04, 2011 10:09PM
Posted by: n00binio
also make sure you have set "car power team dependent" in gpx patch

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: December 30, 2011 02:01PM
Posted by: bob197724
guys tried all the above but the issue still remains. Any more idea's?

I have the follwowing installed:

Zaz tools
GPX Patch
patch 9.6

Am i missing anything? Weirdly I only get this issue in some mods.
Date: December 30, 2011 03:40PM
Posted by: DAMON96
I changed all the performances from the 1985 season and it worked...I did a race by race performance beased on the performance of that season
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy