New Cars Are "Matt" Finish?

Posted by JackieStewart 
New Cars Are "Matt" Finish?
Date: March 10, 2003 04:25PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Hi all,
I'm noticing that for some reason, when I "patch" a 2003 livery to my cars.wad (using GPMaster or CSC4, the liveries take to the car well enough but they're a "matt" finish as opposed to the usual reflective glossy finish. I do turn off 32 bit in my Graphics Config - could this have something to do with it 'cos I'm pretty stumped.
The latest Sauber, Jag and BAR's have allcome out this way.
What am I doing wrong???
Many thanks
Jackie

....................I quite like this now.
Re: New Cars Are "Matt" Finish?
Date: March 10, 2003 06:07PM
Posted by: Vader
Maybe it's a problem with alpha channels of the livery tgas? These are usually responsible for reflections. Don't ask me how to change it, though.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 11, 2003 01:45AM
Posted by: tux
its ure alpha chanels like vader said :)

Date: March 11, 2003 01:51AM
Posted by: Ellis
The Alpha channels are the problem, but theres nothing you can do in the menus. Its the person who made it who needs to make alpha channels

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 11, 2003 05:28AM
Thanksguys, anyone got a good 2003 Jag and Sauber!!!! lol.
Jackie

Date: March 11, 2003 06:25AM
Theres a 2003 sauber on this site that i have downloaded and not tried. This site gives it a great but the preview pic doesnt look that good, it looks like it has bad alpha layers, but then again it might be a bad computer cos the res doesnt look very high either

the jag, i havent seen one yet, im trying to collect as many 2003 cars as i can but they are hard to find

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 11, 2003 06:26AM
Posted by: sasjag
i have a 2003 Jag, and it don't look all that good, and neither does the sauber tbh

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 11, 2003 07:05AM
I've downloaded the Sauber from this site and unfortunately you were right. Marcello's got problems with his Alpha layers (as noted above!). I've got a couple of his cars and they've all got the same "matt" finish. Shame 'cos the Jags pretty good. I think he knows there's a wee bit to sort out so here's looking forward to his next try.
It Seems to be a bit slow with 2003 cars generally. I think that now the modellers have got better tools to play with, it's more time consuming down to the level of control they've got and the amount of detail that can be created.
How's about starting a 2003 Cars Thread where modellers can keep us posted on the work that they're undertaking. At the same time it might help push and co-ordinate that side of the "underground".
Thoughts?
Jackie

Date: March 11, 2003 07:15AM
How's about starting a 2003 Cars Thread where modellers can keep us posted on the work that they're undertaking.

good plan batman, im doing it now!

Date: March 12, 2003 01:24PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
you can edit the alphas easily. I saw the same thing(matt finish) when i downloaded these cars. mine are fine now though.

if you want an explanation, I can give you one.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: March 12, 2003 02:06PM
Howdo you edit the alphas. Please excuse the ignorance but I'm just "getting into" editing and creating my own cars.
Keep it simple please!!!
Jackie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy