Huge slow down when TV camera graphics up???

Posted by shmall 
Huge slow down when TV camera graphics up???
Date: March 09, 2003 09:24AM
Posted by: shmall
OK, here is my problem:

When TV style camera graphics are up showing driver and position and so on I get no problems what so ever (PO 35-85 @1600x1200 and 40fps), however when the TV style "Classifications" come up as they cross the start line the PO goes up to a huge 300-600%?????? and megga slow down of course..

Any idea's??, all very strange becasue it's only the Classification that cause's this??

System

P4 @3000Mhz
ATI 9700pro (cat-3.1 DX9.0)
512MB PC3500 @DDR400

GP4 with new patch running @1600x1200 @40fps all graphics set to max.

Simon.

btw, only tried it at Magny Cours so far :)

Re: Huge slow down when TV camera graphics up???
Date: March 09, 2003 09:51AM
Posted by: Madman271
Maybe you set the pitcrew detail level to high?

Ch88rs,
Madman
Date: March 09, 2003 02:45PM
Posted by: shmall
Well the pit crew are not out when this happens???

It's just as the cars cross the strat/finish line(and only from TV camera view) when the Classifications are shown... it doesn't happen when the normal TV overlays come up??

Simon.
Date: March 23, 2003 05:16AM
Posted by: jon
I get this also, I don't know how to stop it

Date: March 23, 2003 05:23AM
Posted by: Spike02
this has been mentioned before, use the search button and see if there are any results.

searchbuttonman, where are you? ;)

Date: March 23, 2003 05:36AM
Posted by: marcl
There is nothing u can do about it apart from turning down your detail level. The graphics on the start and finish line are high any way cause of the pits and all the grand stands.

U can always stop it from coming up but this make it a bit harder in quali as u do not know where u are losing time or gaining
Date: March 23, 2003 06:07AM
Posted by: matt
i assume you are using gp4's original tv overlay graphics.if you are download gpxpatch and then switch off tv overlays in graphics option inside the game and use the gpxsat graphics instead,see if this helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy