> conversions involve recreating something in a
> different format. You are correct - it is
> questionable. However copyright law for instance
> with written work means that if a piece is
> re-written it is different. What they are claiming
> you have done is to lift original work and "pass
> it off" as your own. That seems to be what the
> aggravation is about.

Yeah they claim i did it but to start, i didn't start the topic. I send files from them to PM, thats allowed, not everybody wants to register on a site to be able to download files.

Secondly the problem with jorge and me is already years going on, i have moved on, i registered on their site with bigbrother, did not make single post, only interested in the files and i got banned there with a fake reason i stole things for a mod that was released by someone else. I was helping that person for the second version which wasn't released yet so i did not steal a thing. If i make a mod myself and send it in private message to friends and people asking for it and use their files, i don't need permission cause its send in private and not public released and thats why jorge is pissed about. He should be pleased that i want to use files made by them it means they are from good/great quality that they earn to be in that mod, like said i am already moved on for more then a year, jorge not. But if they keep bashing my name, banning me without a single post in their forum, posting my ip adress in public then it could happen then i come back out of my retirement ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 10:04AM by Bigbrother.
Re: Singapore 2011 Update RELEASED
Date: September 29, 2011 10:15AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
After a complain i made to Josékast they finally removed my IP adress, that was not a threat but a privacy issue. A moderator should not public post IP adresses from users, banned or not, thats abuse of his position.

With the removal of it, i go back to my retirement and go play gp4 & f1 2011 :-)

Sad that Kimi The Champ which did already so much for the community gets all this crap when his intentions were only to let the community know singapore update was released, linked to their own forum. But again i have nothing to do with this case. I hope Kimi doesn't leave the gp4 scene after this.

@davidm: Taking stuff out of Codemasters game and covert them into gp4 without asking codemasters is Copyright theft for sure you don't have to doubt about that.
Date: September 29, 2011 10:19AM
Posted by: davidm
If the files were not released in a mod fair enough. I don't want to get into a big deal on this but passing stuff around by pm is not really okay, I can't see any difference between that and music filesharing. If the author has no issue and many do not then its not a problem. I think most people would agree that unless there is co-operation and respect for the wishes of authors then this game is on borrowed time, and that would be a great shame.
Date: September 29, 2011 10:30AM
davidm Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the files were not released in a mod fair
> enough. I don't want to get into a big deal on
> this but passing stuff around by pm is not really
> okay, I can't see any difference between that and
> music filesharing. If the author has no issue and
> many do not then its not a problem. I think most
> people would agree that unless there is
> co-operation and respect for the wishes of authors
> then this game is on borrowed time, and that would
> be a great shame.

Like said, people now around here that i make good csm mods, if they ask the link to download, in private message, i provide it, cause not everyone can make a csm and everybody has the right to enjoy this great game to the fullest. Its due all the permission, fights, ... during the years that almost no mod gets public released and like shown above about the codemasters game, permission is so overrated.

I never posted a single file or link of them into public space in here, i've send files in private message which is allowed since they MUST register to download a file, some don't want to for their own reasons so if they ask file, i'll provide them so they can continue enjoy this great game/update !

I moved on, hope Jorge does the same, conclusion will be world peace in GP4 community !
Date: September 29, 2011 10:37AM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
Bigbrother schrieb:
I hope Kimi doesn't leave the gp4 scene
> after this.

no no :)
i never want a big fight here, i want only that the rest of the community know about thos great 2011 Update.

but the reaction of jorge show me all what i must know about jorge
Date: September 29, 2011 10:47AM
Posted by: Pedersen
ffs guys, this kind of @#$%& is killing of updates for old games....

work together not against eachother!
Date: September 29, 2011 10:52AM
You don't really get it do you? If I have a new Rolling Stones track and I pass it around that is a breach of their copyright. Its really as simple as that. If someone wants to restrict where their material is downloaded from then thats fair enough, it should be respected. I'll make just one final point too. If material is available through one source, that source may benefit from either some advertising on their site or donations. If then by providing another source for their work is denying them material gain.
Date: September 29, 2011 10:58AM
davidm Schreef:
> You don't really get it do you? If I have a new
> Rolling Stones track and I pass it around that is
> a breach of their copyright. Its really as simple
> as that. If someone wants to restrict where their
> material is downloaded from then thats fair
> enough, it should be respected. I'll make just one
> final point too. If material is available through
> one source, that source may benefit from either
> some advertising on their site or donations. If
> then by providing another source for their work is
> denying them material gain.

I do get it but that doesn't mean i must go agree with you, i have my own opinions.

Using their work in my mod is already showing respect for their work in my opinion cause if it wasn't good i wouldn't want to use it, thats my way of view.

They put a file public for free so i don't see any copyright breach if its get used in a mod, game, .... THEY released it in the first place in Public to be used, like said thats my way of view and my opinion.
Date: September 29, 2011 11:09AM
We'll just have to beg to differ then.
Date: September 29, 2011 11:14AM
davidm Schreef:
> We'll just have to beg to differ then.

yup but that doesn't mean i don't respect your opinion.

i live in belgium, europe, there can be also a culture difference, language, and for sure a way of thinking. Thank god we have that in the world else it would be a boring world :-)
Date: September 29, 2011 11:21AM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
Bigbrother schrieb:
> davidm Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > We'll just have to beg to differ then.
>
>
> yup but that doesn't mean i don't respect your
> opinion.
>
> i live in belgium, europe, there can be also a
> culture difference, language, and for sure a way
> of thinking. Thank god we have that in the world
> else it would be a boring world :-)

where is the like button? :)
Date: September 29, 2011 12:15PM
Posted by: mortal
I see no problem with posting a link that was originally posted by the author. The download has not been re-hosted to another site. The link is a copy of the original, it is nothing more than news for the community, so as far as I am concerned I see no problem whatsoever with it.
If Jorge Caranti chooses to toss his toys out of the pram and remove the link from gp4forever it is his choice and the least of my concerns. As I said before I wont be deleting this thread and I wont be bullied into it either.
Jorge Caranti was banned three times from this site and each time I rescinded the ban on good faith that he would behave himself and cease and desist from his petty war with other users here. He failed to do so, in fact he caused me and other users here a lot of grief, and after all the complaints that flooded my inbox, something I do not like to see I might add, I removed him for the third and last time.
His so called protagonist BigBrother was also banned, however his ban was rescinded, on the same terms offered to Jorge. I have yet to see Steve cause any problems on this site which would bring him to my attention, and I expect the situation to remain so, after all he gave his word and I expect him to keep it. What he does on other sites is not my concern and none of my business.
Jorge Caranti can call me all the names he likes under the sun, he can denigrate this forum all he likes, it certainly does not prevent the twenty or more users signing up here every week. We are still the number 1 GP4 community whether he likes it or not.
Let's face it, there's far more to life than GP4 and to choose to bear grudges and allow it to take up rental space in your head is just ridiculous. Move on, build a bridge and get over it. That's all I have to say on the matter, I wont be drawn out on it any further.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 29, 2011 12:34PM
Posted by: andreigp4
This is just ridiculous. Stop modding Jorge or do it for yourself. I'm sure others will eventually update that or any track. Modding is copyright infringement! Do you have permission from the FIA to recreate any of their seasons? Do you have permission from Mclaren, Ferrari or RedBull to recreate their cars? Do you have permission from sponsors to use their names on track side banners? I don't think so. Like Mortal said, get over it. Everything you release is public. Anyone can use it and thus extend the life of this great game.

____
Date: September 29, 2011 02:25PM
Posted by: Slasher

GROW UP !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 02:26PM by Slasher.
Date: September 29, 2011 08:40PM
Posted by: hasbriale
Now that's what I call LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 08:48PM by hasbriale.
Date: September 29, 2011 09:03PM
My god where did you get that! serious LOL
Date: September 29, 2011 09:12PM
Posted by: plodekk
Date: September 29, 2011 09:27PM
Posted by: hasbriale
VIVA LA RAZA !!! Some People Do.... :-O

;-)

Cool down Everyone... Lets end this here.. Enough is Enough and its time for a change !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 09:33PM by hasbriale.
Date: September 29, 2011 09:38PM
Stop, but I'm not responsible! HAHUAHUHAUHAUHAUHAHAHA...hot

Track-Packs 1988-1991-1993-1994-1995-1997-1999
Date: September 29, 2011 09:46PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy