Gp4 WinXP

Posted by RickT 
Gp4 WinXP
Date: March 04, 2003 03:08PM
Posted by: RickT
System: Abit KT7A, Gainward 4600 GForce, 512mgs ram, Hercules Fortissimo III, latest drivers, latest bios.

Gp4 was working ish under WinME, now I installed XP Pro it runs for a while, anything from a few seconds to a minute or 2 then freezes. With or without 9.6 patch. Any ideas please.

Really pissed off with this game, paid £35 for unfinished beta software, there should be a law against it, the software house should be legaly bound to finish and fix it.

RickT
Re: Gp4 WinXP
Date: March 04, 2003 03:21PM
Posted by: tux
you dont say what CPU it is

if its an athlon then get new via 4 in 1 drivers

Date: March 04, 2003 03:48PM
Yes Athlon Xp 1800, Already have hyperions 445 installed.

RickT
Date: March 04, 2003 03:52PM
Posted by: Vader
As far as I know the Abit KT7A mainboard has a VIA chipset. If yes, have you installed the latest 4in1 drivers?

Really pissed off with this game, paid £35 for unfinished beta software, there should be a law against it, the software house should be legaly bound to finish and fix it.

The same should go for people who release unfinished sentences. There should be a law against it. People who post them should be legally bound to finish and fix them :)

Post Edited (03-04-03 22:55)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 04, 2003 05:18PM
I was not aware that Abit had produced a KT7A for intel processors, and which bit of 'have all the latest drivers installed' did you fail to grasp?

The latest via drivers available from [www.viaarena.com] are the 4in14.45 hyperion VIA chipset drivers (4in1 revision 4.45), sorry if my abreviation was beyond your comprehension.

I had a little vent of my anger, if that offends you I apologise. I have gone to a great deal of trouble installing several MS (Microsoft) operating systems in an attempt to establish a stable system. The latest (XP) seems to be the best so far and I have, with out too much effort, installed several games which make extensive use of accelerated 3D graphics and work just fine. So I'm a tad annoyed at not being able to get Gp4 working. Warbirds III is FREE, works fine and the support I've had for the early beta versions was great.

I have installed VIA drivers 3 times, DirectX 9 3 times, VIA pfd 1.00 installed and unistalled, VIA usbf installed, VIA Beta patch to close RX55 memory register in BIOS, NVIDIA 41.09 installed 2 times, Fortissimo III drivers CSCv607 3 times, Wingman ws420enu drivers 2 times. Gp4 has been installed and uninstalled 4 times, I've tried deleting f1gstate.bak, installing the 9.6 patch, all possible audio acceleration settings. So i post here hoping someone may have had this problem before and know how to fix it.

RickT
Date: March 04, 2003 06:26PM
Posted by: JackieStewart
Rick,
I don't know if this will help but it sorted framerate and gameplay problems I had with XP Pro.
Go into Control Panel, then Multimedia and hit advanced on your playback properties.
Bring the Hardware Acceleration right down for your soundcard.
It makes the sound of gear changes a bit more "broken" and rough (which I quite like now!) but really smoothes out the graphic issues I had (crashing happened occasionally too!)
I've used this "trick" now with most OS's (including 98SE which I'm back to again) and it always works.
Let me know if it fixes anything.

....................I quite like this now.
Date: March 05, 2003 12:07PM
Thanx for that, I have tried reducing audio acceleration but it didn't help. I have uninstalled the Nvidia reference drivers and am now using the default drivers supplied on the XP CD which seems to have solved the problem.

RickT
Date: March 05, 2003 12:39PM
Posted by: Alex13
alt+ctrl+del and set priority to very high.... Should make your PO much more stable...

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: March 08, 2003 09:00AM
Thanx for the tip.

RickT
Date: March 08, 2003 10:53AM
Posted by: Vader
I was not aware that Abit had produced a KT7A for intel processors, and which bit of 'have all the latest drivers installed' did you fail to grasp?

... sorry if my abreviation was beyond your comprehension.

Am I very much mistaken or this a rather unfriendly and arrogant approach of someone who comes here to get help? Go on like this and it would be no wonder if you don't get answers anymore next time you ask for help, my friend.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 09, 2003 03:09AM
Vader wrote:

> Am I very much mistaken or this a rather unfriendly and
> arrogant approach of someone who comes here to get help? Go on
> like this and it would be no wonder if you don't get answers
> anymore next time you ask for help, my friend.
>

Ok, I know problems with GP4 are not the responsibility of ppl on this forum but i would think you must see a fair few complaints about Gp4. When it runs its a great game, when it doesn't its very frustrating. So I vented a little steam here. Perhaps your right, IOU an apology, but your reply looked more like you were 'having a go' then trying to help.

I'm still having the same problem with the game, it just runs a bit longer now then it did with the latest NVidia drivers, either freezing or CTD. The only fix i can see ATM is to get a bigger hardrive and install WinME on another partition for GP4. Any help is appreciated.

RickT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy