AMG Mercedes CLK GTR Le Man 98 (image fixed)

Posted by Ellis 
Re: AMG Mercedes CLK GTR Le Man 98 (image fixed)
Date: March 04, 2003 03:19PM
Posted by: andrew_S
anyway do you plan to do more, FIA GT was one of my favorite series back in 98, so if u got any questionst still un answered about that car, or any others, fire away

I looked in the programs i have a few good shots, and my photos, i will get some scanned hopefully tomorrow (as ive just upgraded to xp and dont have the scanner sused yet)

------------------------------------

24 Heures Du Mans 18-19 June 2005
Date: March 04, 2003 03:42PM
Posted by: tux
"they do ya muppet:P"

then why do i get a red x? :P

Date: March 04, 2003 03:52PM
Posted by: sasjag
ok it don't now :|

[members.lycos.co.uk]

alernate link

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 05, 2003 02:29AM
Posted by: Ellis
and the one with a women on it, hehe, i cant remember the sponsor

we only found one picture of this car (blue mirrors right?) and sasjag and me agreed theres no way we can texture that right now. Hes better than me and its a bit hard!

Car 2 - Ludwig and Zonta - Warsteiner as the main sponsor

woohoo, exactly the same car which i have a 1/18 model of :D

i have 1/18 scale of the number 1 car

I dont know why you dont just check out some SCGT cars, look for the Virtual LM site

We want it to be all our work :)

Nice work Ellis but it did took me time to upload the WIP image though.

I am a Le Mans fan ( I going to this year's race) and I will be looking forward to drive that car in my game.

sry bout image size, the host isnt great either.
Bet you'll look forward to more FIA GT cars in the car.

then why do i get a red x? :P

I duno, cos its working here and on other machiens, jsut takes awhile

anyway do you plan to do more, FIA GT was one of my favorite series back in 98, so if u got any questionst still un answered about that car, or any others, fire away

I looked in the programs i have a few good shots, and my photos, i will get some scanned hopefully tomorrow (as ive just upgraded to xp and dont have the scanner sused yet)

Maybe by the end but its hard to get consistant pics. Theres loads of pics with numbers 35 36 Merc, which i belive ran the actuall Le Mans race, and there seems to be a lower version of the car too (no, not the 99 CLK that flew).

Its confusing, but we are getting there. Also might try porsches and of course that ugly Panoz! the Zakspeed porsche is looking easy to texture, but the other Mercedes are looking hard :|

Post Edited (03-05-03 10:23)

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 05, 2003 04:26AM
I dont know why you dont just check out some SCGT cars, look for the Virtual LM site

We want it to be all our work

no i just mean for reference, look at the textures see what you are missing etc

ok, on the 3 versions of the car, here is where you may be getting confused, in 97 there was a higher version of the car, it was quite high, and had a high back end, and not reall had the dip in the front

thats the 97 car, you can see the women i was talking about :) and you can see its high profile front, rear and no major dip either side of the wheel arches, as you can see the model posted above is also the 97 car, this car was the CLK GTR

In 98 they made it much lower profile, they added the dips in the front, and added the vents above the front wheels, the radiator was also different, not being split in 2 etc etc, This was the CLK-LM (not GTR)

the 99 Lm car, again was even lower profile, and well its quite obvious what car that was, also it didnt have much sponsorship, so you can count those out, those are the only 3 versions of the car, pics will come later

another thing that may be confusing you is that in 98 the AMG team used the 97 car for the first few rounds, so you may be looking at that instead of the real 98 car, the perrson team ran the 97 car all 98 season as far as i remember

Post Edited (03-05-03 11:52)

Date: March 05, 2003 04:51AM
no i just mean for reference, look at the textures see what you are missing etc

good plan! Will do!

Thanks for the info on the cars. The shapes almost done, just gona make stuff like the windshield more detailed cos the rest of the car is good. We're not gona make all the 3 mercs, just two cos u can only have two per team in GP4. but if we look at the entry list for the 98 GT series

GT1 CATEGORY

N° TEAM CAR
1 AMG MERCEDES Mercedes CLK-GTR
2 AMG MERCEDES Mercedes CLK-GTR
3 DAMS Panoz GTR
4 S.B.S. INTERNATIONAL McLaren F1 GTR
5 ZAKSPEED RACING Porsche 911 GT1 98
6 ZAKSPEED RACING Porsche 911 GT1 98
7 PORSCHE AG Porsche 911 GT1 98
8 PORSCHE AG Porsche 911 GT1 98
9 TEAM HEZEMANS Bitter GT1
10 TEAM HEZEMANS Bitter GT1
11 TEAM PERSSON MOTORSPORT Mercedes CLK-GTR
12 TEAM PERSSON MOTORSPORT Mercedes CLK-GTR
27 PARABOLICA MOTORSPORTS McLaren F1 GTR
28 PARABOLICA MOTORSPORTS McLaren F1 GTR

GT2 CATEGORY

N° TEAM CAR
51 VIPER TEAM ORECA Dodge Chrysler Viper GTS-R
52 VIPER TEAM ORECA Dodge Chrysler Viper GTS-R
53 CHAMBERLAIN ENGINEERING Dodge Chrysler Viper GTS-R
54 CHAMBERLAIN ENGINEERING Dodge Chrysler Viper GTS-R
56 ROOCK RACING Porsche 911 GT2
57 ROOCK RACING Porsche 911 GT2
58 ROOCK SPORTSYSTEM Porsche 911 GT2
60 ELF HABERTHUR RACING Porsche 911 GT2
61 ELF HABERTHUR RACING Porsche 911 GT2
62 STADLER MOTORSPORT Porsche 911 GT2
63 KRAUSS RACE SPORTS INTERNATIONAL Porsche 911 GT2
65 KONRAD MOTORSPORT Porsche 911 GT2
66 KONRAD MOTORSPORT Porsche 911 GT2
69 PROTON COMPETITION Porsche 911 GT2
70 MARCOS RACING INTERNATIONAL Marcos LM 600
98 CIRTEK MOTORSPORT Ford Saleen Mustang

Now clearly not every car is gona be in this! Because 1 - GP4 cant supprot that many, 2 - theres no chance in hell of getting good pics of the lower cars, let alone the higher cars.

According to this list Mercedes only offically entered 2 AMG CLKs into the FIA GT series in 98. Taken from here [www.fia.com]

I do remember there only being one panoz, driven by David Barbham (as one driver, cant remember other).

the Zakspeed porsches i used to HATE. Green with those red and white stripes on the spine of the engine cover.

I take it the PORSCHE AG Porsche 911 GT1 98 is the offcially entered porsche?

This car TEAM HEZEMANS Bitter GT1 i belive to be this

TEAM PERSSON MOTORSPORT Mercedes CLK-GTR i could only find one pic of this car

I have looked about alot for the last 30min or so, but im now 100% sure only 2 AMG Mercedes were run offically in the 98 FIA GT series. All the results and entry lists only show two AMG Mercedes, and not a third AMG one. The other Merces were independant teams. 3 were entered into Le Man, but not the GT series

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 05, 2003 04:58AM
yes, i could have told you that there was only 2 in the FIA GT series, schnieder/weber ludwig\zonta.... i think i did say infact, well sorry for the confusion anyway

that Bitter GT1 never raced, the zackspeed cars were different colours, one red white and green as above, and one white and red (all white with the red stripes, the panoz was also driven by eric bernard

Post Edited (03-05-03 12:02)

Date: March 05, 2003 04:59AM
"but im now 100% sure only 3 AMG Mercedes were run offically in the 98 FIA GT series........ 3 were entered into Le Man, but not the GT series"

erm...that sentence has confused me

Sim

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 05, 2003 05:01AM
If you want pics of the lower GT2 cars, thats pretty easy, most of them were in "famous colours" like the multi coloured marcos, like the orica red white blue vipers, or the roock porsches, anyway, i can get pics of all the lower end cars from my programs and memory

Date: March 05, 2003 05:06AM
Sasjag, sry, i edited the post. Only two were entered into the FIA GT series, and 3 into Le Man.

The Bitter car never raced? It is in the sivlerstone results here as did not finish [wspr-racing.com]
but that appears to be its only start of the year

Date: March 05, 2003 05:09AM
yes, i was at silverstone that day (british empire trophy)

The bitter was a rebranded Lotus GT1 from 97, it didnt start

Date: March 06, 2003 08:43AM
bit less wip, stexture shuld be finished quite soon now i hope

(100k image)

Sim

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy