!!!! Thanks For All help !!!!

Posted by joel 
!!!! Thanks For All help !!!!
Date: March 03, 2003 03:25PM
Posted by: joel
thanks for all help from this forum with all my problems with GP4. I have
removde Gp4from my computer and will not play it anymore. Becuase
the same error is there in the game, to bad it was a great game..
Re: !!!! Thanks For All help !!!!
Date: March 03, 2003 03:31PM
Posted by: Vader
Thank you for letting us know. :-o ;-(

Post Edited (03-03-03 22:31)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 03, 2003 04:21PM
Posted by: Orpheus
LOL. god ppl give up too easily round here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: March 03, 2003 04:37PM
i do not now what i can do more
Date: March 03, 2003 05:33PM
Posted by: LS.
depends what your problem is joel, my problem seems to be with my hardware which stops me from enjoying gp4 especially with the 2003 season starting next weekend

i can sympathize with you, but if its simply a software problem then post your questons again and i'll see if i can find a solutio n for you

Post Edited (03-04-03 00:34)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 04, 2003 01:40AM
for the firts i have download Gp4master and i extract cars.wad to a folder cars. i replace all the old ones with the new on. and i make a new cars.wad
file and copy this to gp4 directory and i start the game. Im chossing a team and a track and puch drive, and the game start to download but when it is only a littel bit left the game gose back to windows and if i insert the old cars.wad the the problem is still there i must unstall the game and install it new. And if i are using Carset Creator to insert cars,pitcrews and more things the same problem is there and i have tryde so many times now and i do not now what to do. My computer can play the game becuase it is en new pc. Im have windows Xp, and i have download the new DirectX 9.0 and installd it i have installd the update to gp4. but nothing works..
Date: March 04, 2003 01:46AM
Posted by: Ellis
jeez joel, maybe if you didnt spam the forum like a 15 year old on steroids you get more helpful replies wouldnt you?

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 04, 2003 03:38AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
Come on ellis, give him a break! So he has a problem.....let's help if we can (what else is this place here for?!)

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 04, 2003 03:42AM
I would give him a break, but did you see the ammount of time she posted? I think it was 8 threads in total, and the ones which got replies werent deleted. The worst bit was that all the threads were the same question and not even reworded! This commnet at the top has hints of sarcasim in it

"thanks for the help, my GP4 doesnt work"

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: March 04, 2003 04:05AM
Posted by: Morbid
I replied to you in the other thread. I am pretty sure that what I found in your GpxPatch log shows what the problem is.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: March 04, 2003 04:10AM
Sorry, it seems that thread was deleted by our moderator.

The GpxPatch log told that it could not put a mesh/texture on the left and right mirrors, since it couldn't find the objects. It is a faulty reference from the mirror objects to the meshes/textures that it needs. You should be able to fix this with a hex-editor and some patience.

Date: March 04, 2003 05:54AM
i didnt delete it! I left all the threads with real replies in them!

We do see to have a bug in the forum since the mod functions were brought in because the first time this happened it was Borgdrone X's post and it contained screen shots and it went missing. A couple of mine have gone missing and i noticed when i was looking through lots of old posts theres a few that have gone too.

If a post goes missing dont automaticly think its been deleted, cos as me and Brogy found out, things are going missing every-so-often!

Date: March 04, 2003 06:29AM
Then could we please have this bug fixed?

Date: March 04, 2003 06:47AM
I emailed bruno earlier and got an error back, if u wish to try then please do. I will try again later

Date: March 04, 2003 08:57AM
i have work with gp4 all day long. the same as before
Date: March 05, 2003 01:52AM
Posted by: jp2
did you ever try it step by step ???

1. extract cars. wad to a directory.

2. change nothing (!)

3. make a cars.wad file out of your directory.

4. try if it works.

5. if it doesnt, come to forum for help, something is completely wrong then.

6. if it does work, change somefin in the cars.wad-directory. maybe a new steering wheel, a new livery for one car... but only ONE thing at a time.

7. make a new cars.wad. try it. if it doensnt work, come back to forum.

8. if it works, try other downloads, until you reach the update that causes your gp4 to crash. then come back to forum.

dont give up after just one week or so. gp4 needs patience.

greetings, jp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy