Customiseing The Performance File

Posted by rayg 
Customiseing The Performance File
Date: February 27, 2003 01:07AM
Posted by: rayg
Hi,

I tried to customise the performance (from the awsome Car Thread) file last night so I could slow down the top 4 a bit in the race but had a few problems. The first one is, is when I use GPXpatch to set the performance it does'nt seem to change the game as I gave MS race perforamce of 30000 and he still drove the same lap times?? I know that there is a new verson of the gpxpatch out but i thought v 3.31 supported the performance files??

The only way I could get the performances to change was to use team edit and export the performance to the game which work fine, but the numbers seem to work in reverse as when I lowerd MS performance number he went quicker! ands when I higherd it he went slower which makes it a masive head ache trying to get the performance right!!

Does any one know the best way to change the performances?????????

Thanks for all your help!!

Ray
Re: Customiseing The Performance File
Date: February 27, 2003 04:19AM
Posted by: Morbid
Well, if you have to be sure that your experiments are working, then you need to reduce the ability range to 0, since this number lowers and raises the performance of the driver in question by a random seed. Even if you set the ability range to 0, the performance will vary as much as 1 second per lap, since the AI experiments a bit with the setup each time it goes on-track. For instance, it might raise or lower the rear wing by 1 compared to the default setups.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Re: Customiseing The Performance File
Date: February 27, 2003 07:16AM
Posted by: tux
the higher the performance = the better the driver. but you cant have the best driver in the world in a minardi, so the more bhp the car = the faster they go

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy