GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
ginnerchris schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm not really in favour of multi year contracts,
> but it would be good if the current team had a
> chance to resign the driver before he is released
> on the open market.

...which is basically a multi-year contract without even a chance for another team to get the driver. Not really fair IMO

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Good first race for Lyons, but his spin cost us valuable points in race two. Sharp seemed to progress well to 14th in race two but seemed to stick there. The team need more points at the next race
Not a bad result from Campos. Could be better though. I'm going away for few days, but our drivers will keep their seats as they are. @#$%& really hit a big fan inside my head. I will be filled with chemical happiness for some days now. Aint that neat, really. But like the Terminator once said; "I'll be back"
Monaco Free Practice Results
Good afternoon everybody from the prestigious track of Monaco. Todays Free Practice Session was followed by beautiful sunshine. After 30 minutes of driving, Richard Lyons of BCN Competition was able to drive the fastest lap of the day. Second was Gary Paffett of iSport International while Nelson Piquet Jr. drove the 3rd fastest lap. Ryan Briscoe, who will from now on drive the free practices instead of Nico Rosberg, was able to drive the 7th fastest lap - 2 positions and only 0.022 seconds behind his teammate Adam Carroll. Nicolas Lapierre meanwhile showed a really bad performance, as he drove the slowest lap again, nearly a second behind 21st placed Toni Vilander.

Setup Reward
1. Coloni Motorsport +0.016
2. Super Nova Racing +0.022
3. Red Bull Racing Jr. +0.051

4. ART Williams +0.080
5. Sauber GP2 +0.083
6. Racing Engineering +0.163
Hmm I don't remember giving the second car to Lapierre and that may have cost us the setup reward. It seems that was a decision made by our 20% shareholder Lotus. There is a sign of misunderstanding in this DSR - Lotus pair, which isn't strange, given that this deal is just one race old...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 04:04PM by pycku.
Reve-san, I did ask for kobayashi and lopez in the session, but never mind - still got some set-up reward.

Lopez in the top 10 bodes well for qualifying for both him and kobayashi
Great pace shown by Lyons and Viso is improving, putting pressue on Sharp for a drive :-D
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

Delighted with our pace in free practice, and it looks to have helped Bernoldi too. Hopefully we an carry this over into qualifying as Monaco is notorious for its lack of passing.

After not participating in Free Practice, Nico Rosberg once more rushed to pole position in todays sunny Monaco Qualifying. With 0.102 seconds behind, Yuji Ide will start tomorrows race from 2nd place. The second row consists of Sauber GP2 driver Heikki Kovalainen and surprising Alexandre Prémat of DSR Lotus. As there will be no Sprint Race in Monaco, and overtaking is nearly impossible here, let´s see if Prémat will be able to pick up some more points for DSR Lotus.

By the way guys, after this Grand Prix next up will be the first Mid-Season Test. Please therefor tell me if you want to compete via PM, which drivers are going to compete and if you want to send data to your engine manufacturer. Remember, competing this time costs 250k and sending in data costs 250k again.
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

After a good practice, qualifying wasn't so good, and Bernoldi's job is on the line. We are sure Wurz can do something from his position on the grid.

It was a wonderful result for Premat. No doubt we are podium contender this race. All we need is a clear race, good pit-stop(s) and a little more luck. Everyone in the team keeps his fingers crossed for that to happen. As for Gene - he proved himself to be not a consistent driver. We hoped his experience would help him in the principality, though this is not the case. Let's hope for a good race for DSR Lotus.
ART-Williams

Ide brilliant, Wirdheim crap, simple as it is. Will get hard for Bjorn to get some points here. Ide, however, will hopefully catch Nico at the start and then rule the race

It has just occured to me that we might have a problem with the sister team drivers rule. For example if a F1 team wishes to replace one of their current race drivers with a driver from the GP2 team, and the GP2 team don't have a test driver, this would mean that the F1 team would be stuck with their current lineup if both of their race drivers have participated in a full season of F1 as whilst the GP2 driver can race in F1, the F1 driver cannot race in GP2. Anyway my question is can a driver race in both GP2 and F1 at the same time? I would assume not but we never made an official rule concerning this possibility and I don't know if this rule actually applies in real life.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

That is indeed a problem. I would suggest, that in this first season, simply the replaced F1 driver is allowed to drive for the GP2 team, then. And from second season onwards, GP2 teams have to have a test driver, no matter what.

Sauber GP2

Good result from Kovalainen, still not convinced about Doornbos
Another pole from Rosberg, very impressed with his performance. Adam did ok, but I want to see him higher up the order in the races.
Coloni Motorsport

A good practice allowed us to improve our setups, but qualifying 10th and 11th at Monaco is not a good place to be. We'll just have to see what we can do with our pit strategy and maybe snatch a point or two.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Twigster151 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It has just occured to me that we might have a
> problem with the sister team drivers rule. For
> example if a F1 team wishes to replace one of
> their current race drivers with a driver from the
> GP2 team, and the GP2 team don't have a test
> driver, this would mean that the F1 team would be
> stuck with their current lineup if both of their
> race drivers have participated in a full season of
> F1 as whilst the GP2 driver can race in F1, the F1
> driver cannot race in GP2. Anyway my question is
> can a driver race in both GP2 and F1 at the same
> time? I would assume not but we never made an
> official rule concerning this possibility and I
> don't know if this rule actually applies in real
> life.

that indeed would be a problem, but gladly all GP2 teams do have a test driver. I agree with JohnMaverick, that all teams have to have a test driver. Or all teams with a loan driver / a sister contract have to have at least three drivers. By the way, I´m having nearly no free time this week, so the coverage will take some more time. If you would all agree I can already post the results, but then the coverage wouldn´t be needed. Or if someone else could do the coverage, I could upload the all pictures taken?
Just take your time mate, no rush :-)
Ok mates, Reve-san sent me what I need, but unfortunately i have to go right now. 99% the coverage will follow later tonight or early tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy