GP2 Manager - 2005: Silverstone Free Practice & Qualification Results PG36 - Searching for a new manager!

Posted by Reve-san 
ART Williams statement

Wow! After the Asia Cup it really didn't look good for us. And although the testing was promising, it didn't give the slightest indication that something like this would be possible! Two podiums and No. 1 in the Contructor's championship, that is amazing! Of course we are aware that this was only the first race and that a lot can happen in the future, but it was definitely a very promising start!

Yuji did what we expected from him. He showed his real potential, did a brilliant start and then saved the second podium. As it was nearly impossible to overtake here, we ordered him to not take any risks and secure this 3rd position.
Bjorn, in contrary had simply bad luck, that Kovalainen got that shot back on him that early in the race. But he showed a constant pace and I'm again very proud of him. I think we've found our two drivers.

And I can only repeat, that also the reliability of the new Renault engine is very good. Speaking of that, I am really sorry for Nico Rosberg. He is without doubt one of the best drivers in the competition and to DNF in both races with a engine failure must be horrible for him. We wish him all the best in the next race.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Words fail me.
New transformation for DSR

DSR has transformed once again. Merely a month ago the team was DPR. Then Deyan Rangelov bought it and it became DSR Racing. Today Mr. Rangelov signed a contract with Proton Group - owner of Lotus Cars. According to the deal 20% of the team is now owned by Malaysian concern. A clause in the deal points that the team should be renamed into DSR Lotus. On the other hand Deyan Rangelov managed to find a new major sponsor - Air Asia, owned by Tony Fernandes. Air Asia is Malaysian-based low-cost airline.

Deyan Rangelov was happy to announce these news on a special press conference: "Everything is good when it finishes good. It was a hard weekend for us as we got no points at the first GP2 round. But we are looking ahead. We didn't lose our willingness to progress and our desire is still to work as hard as possible. Now with Air Asia as our main sponsor we are now financially secure and our budget is secured. But this isn't the only good news. Team Lotus was a legend that unfortunately disappeared from Formula 1 in the middle of 1990-es. We are happy to announce that now, 10 years later Lotus has returned in motorsports. Proton group, owner of Lotus cars bought 20% of our team so that from now on our official name is DSR Lotus. It is the first time in history that Lotus team is powered by Ferrari, but I hope this isn't embarassing for our fans."

Proton group released a press statement: "From the first day we bought Lotus Cars we were looking to revive the company so that it becomes profitable. Once we achieved that it is our obligation to return the glory of Lotus in motorsports. Unfortunately Formula 1 is becoming more and more expensive so we have no plans to enter this championship in near future. We found GP2 Series to be a global championship that responds well to our market strategy and our resources. We know Lotus had a lot of fans in the past, fans that struggled during the last decade. Now we are happy that they can again support Team Lotus - we are back! We are happy to announce that today we bought 20% of DSR so the team renamed to DSR Lotus. Proton group believes that this is the first step from a successful resurection of Team Lotus."

It is believed that FIA will allow the change of the livery mid-season.

You can see our renovated website!

Screenshots of our new livery:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2011 08:01AM by pycku.
pycku schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Unfortunately Formula 1 is becoming more and more
> expensive so we have no plans to enter this
> championship in near future.

OOC: If they knew...

Depends however on the definition of 'near' future, I guess ;-)

JohnMaverick
OOC: If they knew...

Depends however on the definition of 'near' future, I guess ;-)

Okay, they entered F1 in 2011, while we're in 2005 season. There are more than 5 year and during that time they replaced one or two CEO's, so everyone of them may have changed their motorsport program :)
Racing Engineering Press Release
Sprint Race Success

Racing Engineering team members were jumping up and down on pit-lane at the conclusion of today's sprint race celebrating victory for Kamui Kobayashi.
A race win and fastest lap underlines the pace of the car and the potential of our lead driver to challenge on a regular basis.
Motorsport journalists around the paddock after the race commented on the controlled way that Kamui went about the victory this morning, controlling the pace, and managing his car.
This Mercedes engine gives fantastic results when treated correctly, and perhaps Nico and his team need to think about how hard he is pushing his motor!!

As for Benoit, he is clearly learning but to be a second a lap slower than the leader is not where he needs to be right now.
We're sure the experience will have done him good, and some more Friday practice running should bring him back up to pace and hopefully he can return to the race seat in the future.

Kamui said at the end of the race "I'd like to thank the team for their hard work in pre-season to give all 3 drivers the chance to show what they could do, and I'm pleased to have rewarded the teams trust in making me team leader with the result today. I'd like to thank our sponsors, Repsol, Pepsi, Sony and Telefonica for their support and our engine partner Mercedes Benz"
Both drivers made up poisitions and thats all we can ask from them really. We must do better at the next round however!
Isport press release

Well did not have te greatest of weekends but not the worst. Paffett scores some points on both races, but could not keep up with kamui in the sprint race after starting on pole. Looks like this track did not fit our drivers. Looking forward to a faster track, a bit dissapointed on Pantano, but we'll see.
Montagny did great. We are third in the championship, but we need both cars to score points to keep that position, and some work with the cars to improve that position. Vilander will be back in the race seat at the next round

Driver line-up for the upcoming event
Test: Vilander-Mondini
Race: Montagny-Vilander
Sauber GP2

The sprintrace was a bit dissapointing, but still a great weekend!
Hmm today I learned that I'm not the first one to create a motorsport team called DSR. So the history of DSR starts in the late 1970es and at the end of 80es DSR was one of the best CART teams.
What is more at first I was thinking about our colour combinations including red, white, black and (or) blue. Now it seems that this is plagiarism!

DSR in wikipedia

Our first DSR chasis :)
Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

Wasn't expecting much after the feature race, so I am not surprised where we finished. Looking ahead to the next race in the series, where the obvious expectation is to at least gain our first points of the season.

Regarding the previous comment about Bernoldi, we will give him longer before we make any snap decisions, espically as Imola is infamous for its lack of passing.

Next Race:
Practice: Bernoldi and Pavlovic
Race: Wurz and Bernoldi

No points from the sprint race. Bruni kept his position, while Monfardini had a bad start. We will now focus on the next round, where we hope for a better result.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Hey guys :)
I´m posting Free Practice and Qualifying results of Catalunya now already, as I won´t be home until next tuesday. Please note that I ran the whole Grand Prix yesterday morning, so I couldn´t change line-ups posted later. Race Coverages will be up next tuesday and wednesday. Also note, that HiTech Racing will not be able to get Setup Rewards from now on, as tonyschumi hasn´t been active for very long. If someone wants to join GP2-Series Manager, here´s your chance :p

Catalunya Free Practice Results
Hello and welcome everybody here at Catalunya in Spain. This mornings free practice session saw Gary Paffett of iSport International drive the fastest lap, right in front of Heikki Kovalainen. His teammate Giorgio Pantano drove the 7th fastest lap as seemes quite satisfied as well. In 3rd place was Nelson Piquet Jr. The last place went to Nicolas Lapierre, the DSR Lotus driver who is hoping to get back his race seat from Gene, who by the way finished 12th.

Setup Reward

1. Campos Racing +0.068
2. Coloni Motorsport +0.097
3. BCN Competition +0.122

4. Super Nova Racing +0.129
5. Red Bull Racing Jr. +0.171
6. ART Williams +0.173

------------------

Catalunya Qualifying Results
After not finishing both races at Imola and only managing 11th this morning, Nico Rosberg is now back at the top: He grabbed the pole position just +0.047 seconds ahead of his teammate Adam Carroll. After Richard Lyons in 4th and Alexander Wurz in 5th, Coloni Motorsport surprised everyone by starting from 5th (Gianmaria Bruni) and 6th (Ferdinando Monfardini) in tomorrows Feature Race. Meanwhile, Racing Engineerings drivers José-María López (20th) and Kamui Kobayashi (21st) did not do well. Only Robert Doornbos of Sauber GP2 was slower than both (22nd).

Red Bull Racing Junior Press Release

Delighted with our qualifying performance, and hoping for a strong race from Wurz, who again was the quickest Renault car out there, and we hope Bernoldi will hopefully get his set up sorted for the race.

Wow! Good news is that the new DSR Lotus looks great. Unfortunately there's nothing more to celebrate.
Unfortunately Lapierre didn't show quality to gain regular racing seat. About Premat - he is very disappointed to lose 11th place by just 0,001 seconds. What is more - he is out of top 10 which was his aim. We dont blame this on Alexandre, as it was our decision not to race in practice session. Gene improved his pace from Imola, although he was expected to be much better on home soil. We hope to enter top 10, but it will be a hard battle. Good luck and let's hope for a 2 much more interesting races than the ones in first round!

We are expecting a slightly better performance than Imola although we need full concentration and much luck to get some points.
ART Williams statement

7th and 9th is a bit less than what we had hoped for, but actually what we should except. And if Super Nova's engines blow again, it doesn't look that bad, does it? But seriously. Barcelona offers possibilities to overtake and I'm confident that we can bring home at least one more podium from here, especially if we go on to start that well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2011 06:55PM by JohnMaverick.
Isport release

Wtf?? That's all I'm saying? How come we did
Not get any set up reward after practice? and we could not better 11??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2011 12:53AM by mogotron.
*laughs maniacally*
After an awful weekend in Imola, these qualifying results have me grinning from ear to ear!
Once again, words fail me.
BCN

The team have high expectations for this weekends race. Richard has already shown his speed, if this continues then he will be in pole position to continue driving for us next season! Viso and Sharp need to start improving
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy