Problem with Detroit Circuit

Posted by tonyschumi2011 
Problem with Detroit Circuit
Date: July 06, 2011 07:18PM
Posted by: tonyschumi2011
Hey guys, I've downloaded this track from GP4-DB and when I try to play this is the results

[imageshack.us]

How I fix it?
Re: Problem with Detroit Circuit
Date: July 06, 2011 07:21PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Every wad file of the track belongs to a certain dat file, so you have to rename the dat file.

Which wad file is Detroit?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: July 06, 2011 07:26PM
S1CT12.dat, but I've changed the name of wad from "hockenheim2001.wad" with "a1ring.wad". I've done all the steps for change the name of .wad to replace whatever circuit you like (sorry for my really bad english). What's the problem?
Date: July 06, 2011 07:29PM
Are you playing with a csm mod?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: July 06, 2011 07:31PM
No, I don't :/
Date: July 06, 2011 09:06PM
If you rename the dat file of Detroit to S1CT06 there should be no problem when the name of the wad is a1ring.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: July 06, 2011 09:25PM
Posted by: celinho
Good flying!!!!!

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: July 06, 2011 11:00PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
well, if you named the .wad to "a1ring.wad" you named it wrong. It should be "a1ring2001.wad".

And first, try it with the tracks original name and see if it works before you change the names

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: July 08, 2011 01:32PM
Posted by: Ali
Well, first you should play GP4 with GPxPatch which allows you to choose different tracks for any slot.

1- Before, you should check the properties of the track using CMagic tool. There is a button that allows you to see the so Called GP4info values. There you must create a property called Prefix, and assign the value "hockenheim2001".
2- Then load the track with GPxPatch (GPxTrack tab). This property (Prefix) will allow you to put this track in any slot. But do not rename the wads, I'm not sure but I think it doesn't work.

It is not difficult, but it requires some basic knowledge of the GP4 available tools (GPxPatch and CMagic 102 mainly).
Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy