Core i3 or i5 with a good Nvidia videocard? Anyone have it? HELP ME!

Posted by kerleyf1 
Hi guys!

My PC is for only 2 things: university works (in Microsoft Word mostly) and modding and playing GP4.

I have a Core 2 Duo and a Nvidia 8600, but I have some problems with this because is too old.

I need to upgrade the PC with a new processor and videocard, I need good and smootlynice images for GP4 ingame (like some users: Isaint, Rot Teufel, etc) and need to get some new games to play with it like Call of Duty MW3, Battlefield 3, etc (I just finish my university last week :-)).

So my doubt is: new processors (like Core i3 and i5) work well with GP4 and Nvidia new videocards and GP4? I ask this because i read about some users here that have troubles. So, I buy a Core 2 Duo with a good newest videocards or Core i3 or i5 with newest videocards?

Please guys! HELP ME! :-)

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE VISIT: Grand Prix Mods Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2011 02:38PM by kerleyf1.
Hi kerleyF1

I have no Nvidia card, but been running Grand Prix 4 with a Radeon 5570 and a Core i7 2600k without any problems. The game runs smooth, with everything on max and full framerate.
I would suggest you the Core i5 2500k when you want to buy an Intel CPU. Best price-performance ratio.

Cheers.
I have a Core i3 with GeForce GT 220 and GP4 runs very well. I can't say about newer games though as I don't have any of them ;)

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
i3 is the same as an quadcore 2. i suggest you use i5. much better more power and quicker

PC:

Laptop:

Twitter: MisterShine13
Prblanco schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a Core i3 with GeForce GT 220 and GP4 runs
> very well.

same for me. the newest game i have is F1 2010 and it runs flawless with graphics set to maximum

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Not sure about i3's or i5's...........

I use Core 2 Duo - Reliable... with XP SP3 ........... Not (Vista or 7)

As for a Graphics card... Go for GTX Series 4 or 5.....

Choose the one that suits you the best... Happy shopping!!
I have an i3 and an nvidia 8800GTS, I can run any GP4 mod at 60fps smoothly.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
I have a two computers. A my computer uses Intel Pentium M. Another, a Nvidia. Those two are good like a Nvidia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My drawing art page
Eddie e Seus Peugeots Wiki
My personal blog
Produced in Maués, Brazil - Visit the Amazon and the Land of Guaraná
i5 2500k @ 4.5 and GTX 560Ti, 2048x1536 60fps and 8s AA, the maximum PO is 80 at monaco rain with 2010 cars. with this you can have an idea, and now the gtx 560 is not so expensive, 180€.

I still remember running GP4 at 1024 and 18 fps back in 2002 XD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2011 11:07AM by FlyinFinn2.
The only practical difference of an i5 to an i3, that bothe run at the same GHz, is that the i5 will automatically raise the GHz above normal when asked for extra computing power.

GP4 is very affected by CPU performance and runs on one core.
To get higher FPS select a CPU with higher GHz speed and fast RAM memory modules.
Then you need a modern graphic card, with 1GB of RAM to handle the high graphics resolutins, will perform well.
I suggest nVidia cards of GTX series
and AMD HD cards with model numbers equal or higher than 4870 or 5750.

I use:
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 mobo, cost 89€.
AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.2GHz (two-cores CPU) unlocked to X4 B55 @3.2GHz (four-cores CPU) cost:80€.
4 GB of Kingston RAM @1600MHz DDR3 dual channel (2x2GB modules) cost:50€.
Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 Cyclone 1GB DDR5 (bought new but bulk, with 83€!!!)

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy