GP4: Oh man!

Posted by Zcott 
GP4: Oh man!
Date: February 20, 2003 07:44PM
Posted by: Zcott
So, I upgraded my system by buying an extra 256mb of RAM, bringing me up to 768mb, and my brother let me borrow an ATI Radeon 7000 graphics card for a while, and I thought I'd boot up GP4. A while ago, I downloaded AveryGPFan's cars, perfs, and anims but never bothered trying them. So I started up GP4 and went into a non championship race, friday practice at Melbourne.

Man! I didn't know GP4 was so good!

The little things like the road blurring as I got faster, the feel of the car, the sense of speed....it was something else. And the TV replays with the digital-style overlays just looked wonderful. Those 2002 cars and shapes just look beautiful, and if I could download Ric Lampert's tracks, things would be even better. Still, it's pretty great the way it is.

Needless to say, I'll be playing GP4 well into the 2003 season when all the 2003 cars are released!

Re: GP4: Oh man!
Date: February 20, 2003 09:29PM
Posted by: GTFREAK
Where did you get all of his stuff?? I need this stuff man, it sounds awesome!!!

And how does the road blur?? I mean is there an add-on for this effect??

Post Edited (02-21-03 04:48)
Date: February 21, 2003 01:10AM
Posted by: rayg
look at the awsome cars thread (the big one) the files are about 1/4 of the way down the thread! Well worth downloading
Date: February 21, 2003 03:44AM
Posted by: Ellis
The road blurring happens when you have bump mapping turned on especially.

My good friend that i live with at the moment, who is not an F1/racing game fan was amazed at the sense of speed that GP4 gives.

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 21, 2003 04:56AM
Posted by: Andrew81au
GP4 is without equal at the moment. I tried to play GP3 the other night and it didn't appeal to me any more so I've retired from GP3 Racing.

I've got a P3 1.0Ghz with Windows XP + a GeForce 4 Ti 4200 and it looks extraordinary. Too real is the words I'm using for it at the moment.

Sorry if I'm carrying on to much but That's how much I like it!
Date: February 21, 2003 05:15AM
Posted by: _Alex_
I don't think I'm giving Gp4 the chance it deserves at the moment. It's amazing to see the different waves of opinion that carry on about this game, just in general. At first it was: AWESOME, BEST GAME EVER! Then there was the whole bug issue, and people calmed down and began to see only the bad side of the game, and opinions wavered. Unfortunately I've sort of stuck in the latter since. Clearly some people remained faithful and enjoyed what is clearly a superb simulation. But I got far more into GPL and kind of left it alone. Windows desktop cleaner even offered that it should clean away the Gp4 icon because it wasn't being used! That's not a good sign! Anyway, perhaps I'll give it another shot now, and download some of the new carshpes and stuff :)

HISTORIC BTCC VIDEOS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy