EA have a really interesting concept

Posted by LarryM 
EA have a really interesting concept
Date: February 20, 2003 06:04AM
Posted by: LarryM
Read this (sounds interesting) if they can improve the physics and why not the graphics and the accuracy of the tracks and.....

F1 Career Challenge: EA Sports press release
Posted by db on Thursday, February 20 @ 02:14:20 CET (1 reads) (comments? | Score: 0)

"Electronic Arts, the world's leading interactive entertainment software company, today announces the forthcoming release of F1 Career Challenge.
F1 Career Challenge is officially licensed by Formula One Administration Limited and positions the player as a rookie who must prove their worth within the games career mode by passing a range of super licence tests where upon they can take their rightful place amongst the elite drivers competing in the world's fastest and most glamorous motor sport. Reputation will determine how far your career can take you and with which team. Develop and hone your car during test days where improvements will start to show over 4 successive seasons on the Formula One circuit. F1 Career Challenge is officially licenced by the Formula One Administration and positions the player as a rookie who must prove their worth by passing a range of super licence tests where upon they can take their rightful place amongst the elite drivers competing in the world's fastest and most glamorous motor sport. Reputation will determine how far your career can take you and with which team. Develop and hone your car during test days where improvements will start to show over the 4 successive seasons on the Formula One circuit.

"Consumer feedback told us that real innovation was needed in the Formula One space."," said Executive Producer Matt Webster. "In our desire to deliver the strongest Formula One experience to date, we have stepped up to the mark and are now developing the first ever multi year licensed Formula One game where you can build your racing career across four seasons."

F1 Career Challenge now features the option for the player to enter as themselves rather than competing as one of the existing F1 stars, giving them the opportunity to select their own helmet design and the pinnacle achievement

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Re: EA have a really interesting concept
Date: February 20, 2003 06:06AM
Posted by: anze89
interesting

Date: February 20, 2003 06:10AM
Posted by: Ellis
Thios is an idea made by people in the F1 200x community, and the company has 'borrowed' it for there advantage

Racing Is Life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting
Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 20, 2003 06:17AM
Still a good idea though. And no doubt, when it comes, the community will improve it enormously. Mostly I wonder whether the important things wil be in order (physics and track accuracy). The worst they could do is make an arcade version for the mass markets. it sounds to complicated for the arcade markets though.

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 20, 2003 07:08AM
Posted by: jp2
will schuey brake his leg in 1999 ?
Date: February 20, 2003 07:12AM
Posted by: Covfan
I saw about it on gamespot. Looks quite good. BUT it was only confirmed for GC, PS2 and X-Box. Might we not get it?
Date: February 20, 2003 07:19AM
Posted by: CMJH69
I would of thought we would see it on the PC, but I could be wrong! ;-(

Date: February 20, 2003 07:51AM
Ad yes,it seems that Schuey beaks his leg in 1999, because it mentions that Salo takes over on his behalf. Cool.
What no PC version? :((

Larry
Date: February 20, 2003 08:03AM
Posted by: metal-mike
Hopefully there will be a PC version, it would be stupid not to. I for one love F1 2002! (and GP4, GPL etc etc...) :D
Date: February 20, 2003 09:25AM
Posted by: broders
hope ots easy to drive on a keyboard like GP4
f1 2002 is just not for keyboard users :|
Date: February 20, 2003 10:21AM
Posted by: daveb
in the editin community they're makin it from 1994 - 2003

Date: February 20, 2003 12:57PM
Yes, but Belini is aming a shorter one for GP4

Jesus may be able to heal the sick and bring the dead back to life, but he can't do shît for low fps
Date: February 20, 2003 01:34PM
Posted by: make
I would really like to see it start from 90 and go on for 2003 :P

Post Edited (02-20-03 20:34)

Date: February 20, 2003 01:45PM
it will most likely be done later. start with shorter times and build them up as you progress

Date: February 20, 2003 01:52PM
Posted by: Vader
Did you read this?

amongst the elite drivers competing in the world's fastest and most glamorous motor sport

Obviously this NOT going to be a F1 game then?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: February 20, 2003 02:22PM
Posted by: Hakkinenf1
well i have seen the game on the web
i can,t imagine my self driving the 99 BAR
then to the 2002 bar
its a silly idea
Date: February 20, 2003 02:38PM
Posted by: Alex13
I like it as an idea. But we still need to see how this actually going to look like

AMD64 3400+ (running at 2,66ghz atm ;))DDR400 1gb(running at 433) Asus K8N-E Deluxe mobo, 6800ultra, Tagan tg-480w, Audigy 2Zs, Logitech Z-5500 speakers
Using X-aser Lanfire case with 5 fans inside cathodelights etc included aswell :P
Date: February 20, 2003 02:54PM
Posted by: Go Alesi
If they do it as a 'Sim', it'll take them ages. Either that, or the tracks and cars etc aren't going to be very accurate. But they can take the data from the previous games (ie F1 2000, F1 2001, F1 2002) because it's all quite similar isn't it?

It sounds great, but will it be!!!

Date: February 20, 2003 03:11PM
Posted by: Orpheus
"It sounds great, but will it be!!!"

ea? nope it will most prob. b a flop ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: February 20, 2003 03:26PM
Posted by: Xero
Sounds interesting... I may give it a look when it finally arrives! Any sceenshots?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy