bar(mercedes) and Prost(lotus) cars turning to Jaguar(redbull)

Posted by Craigo 
As the title says! My bat(car9) and prost(first car) flick to redbull and when you select them cars always turn to redbull. I think this is a common problem but cant find a thread!

there are two solutions: the first one is, open teameditor\carshapes and there you have to mark the buttonn force best carshapes, then click on apply all changes and the second solution is, rename all lod0 to lod1 - lod4 and export them into the cars wad. In both ways it should work properly for you again:)
Jurgen is right, check all the lods are there. If a Redbull shows up, it generally means GP4.exe is not looking for the correct shape name.

Yeah I have already done this and always have done! But still not working, even tried putting the lods back in the WAD :S

and the name of the shapes are correct? I think gp4builder will tell you what gp4.exe is looking for

if you have some tex files of older cars in your cars wad then please delete them
Please double check with the name of the LOD, and see what Available Carshapes are in the list under Carshapes of TeamEditor

IIRC, when you misspell your LOD(s) in cars.wad, TeamEditor forces to replace the LOD(s) with Jaguar.

Race with no fear! - Gilles Villeneuve

Checked its fine!

Even tried some other car wads with different seasons, does same! This has never happened before and I must have reinstalled gp4 god knows how many times over the years!

Guess its time to reinstall again :S

why not first delete the f1graphics.cfg and f1gstate,sav files and possible bak files of both instead of uninstall gp4?
can u share the cars and relevant files for slots etc i'll see if anything jumps out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy