[NEW] 2011 Grand Prix 4 Grid Cars - Transparent Background [RELEASED]

Posted by andreigp4 
Just in time for the British Grand Prix, Airjimracing and Andreigp4 teamed to bring you a premiere for Grand Prix 4 and that is 3 (+1) versions of grid cars with Soft, Super Soft and Medium/Hard tyres. Maybe releasing new stuff is spam too. Who knows!?

Enjoy and use it if you like it! Anyone can use this version of grid cars for their mod (GP4 and GP3), just credit the authors.

Download link: >>>> Here <<<< or >>>> Here <<<<

An update will follow this release because some cars have already new sponsors. Stay tuned!!!

Release date: Out Now.

Thank you GPG for keeping the GP series alive!!!!!

____
nice thanks,could you make even a GPI version plz?

Greetings
Alessio
Now I am working on it. For some reason it didn't work when i tried to load them in GPI Browser.

____
Sooooo bad news guys. This is going to take a while (before a transparent background is released). I have to recut all cars and rebuild it all in Photoshop. Magic eraser doesn't work with alpha layers in .tga files. It exports the background white. But i guess if you build it from scratch in PS with a transparent layer it should do the trick. Posting soon some links with white and black background :(

____
Re: 2011 Grand Prix 4 Grid Cars [RELEASED]
Date: June 05, 2011 08:53PM
Posted by: andreigp4
Fixed the transparent background and expect an Update soon. I will also post a tutorial for interested persons.

____
Thanks for the P.M. But it would have been nice to get the 70% credit here in the forum....
My grid cars are based on airjimracing's grid cars with black background. Done some shrinking, cleared the background and rebuild the floors. Did a repack and fixed a minor bug. Link in the first post.

____
Here are the latest images for you to make an update version of the grid cars.

Once you get the transparant background, I'll resize them and you can make the white background transparant again, then save as TGA file 32 bit and we're done!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'll keep looking for a better McLaren and Toro Rosso's Falcon sponsor in gold...
They look great! I will try to put the same tyres (yellow soft) on every car although it's ok like that and every car has it's own personality. The work will start as soon as I finish a project @ my job. 1 day maximum.

____
Excelent!(Y)
Started working on these new grid cars and I guess that by the end of the week we can release it. No need to resend it over the internet. I will make the TGA versions with transparent background myself and upload them to mediafire, megaupload or whatever.

I will do something that has never been done before and that is 3 versions of grid cars (each with distinctive rims):

- Soft (yellow) ;
- Super soft (red) ;
- Hard (silver) .

Cheers Airjimracing!

____
andreigp4 Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Started working on these new grid cars and I guess
> that by the end of the week we can release it. No
> need to resend it over the internet. I will make
> the TGA versions with transparent background
> myself and upload them to mediafire, megaupload or
> whatever.
>
> I will do something that has never been done
> before and that is 3 versions of grid cars (each
> with distinctive rims):
>
> - Soft (yellow) ;
> - Super soft (red) ;
> - Hard (silver) .
>
>
> Cheers Airjimracing!

hot (Y)
I think that's a great idea, the only thing I'd like to see the rims a bit smaller.

Perhaps it's a good idea to make an "untouched" version with the origial rims.

Do you know how to shrink an image without altering it? Believe it or not, Excel is the best tool for that.

Let me know if you need help preserving the quality of the image.

Cheeres.
airjimracing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that's a great idea, the only thing I'd
> like to see the rims a bit smaller.
>
> Perhaps it's a good idea to make an "untouched"
> version with the origial rims.
>
> Do you know how to shrink an image without
> altering it? Believe it or not, Excel is the best
> tool for that.
>
> Let me know if you need help preserving the
> quality of the image.
>
> Cheeres.

--------------------------------------

I have always worked with IfranView and Photoshop to shrink or resize. Actually, airjimracing, you know what you can do? Please shrink (in Excel) the 12 cars for the untouched version if you have time.

By the way this is what i have in mind (this is .JPG version). Just a quick sketch:

I'm still working on contrast an brightness. Some cars are very hard to edit or to see where to cut it (it might take a longer time than expected but I'm still committed to finish the job). As you can see: the tyres are re-edited, I've kept the outside blue rim (as I plan to do for Lotus too), add a little bit of radius blur to simulate motion and rebuild the radio antennas. I think they look ok.

TGA Demo out of .JPG: [www.megaupload.com]

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Later edit: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

So, I think tyres should look like this with the green stripe thicker (double the current size):

This is how an adjusted quality .TGA version will look like:

You can download it from here and tell me what do you think: [www.megaupload.com]

____
Nice work!

However, using simple tools like excel & paint, I've kept the quality of the image. Take a look.

This is your image done in photoshop, I believe:

This is mine.

You notice the white specs around the rims on yours? Only the Petronas logo is seen clearly, the rest is unreadable compared to the other.

I also erased the shadow at the rear wing to give it a cleaner side view. I don't mean to offend with my comments, on the contrary!

I think your rims are top notch! All I'm saying is that I can help you preserve you great work!

Honestly I think our work together is comparable to Josekast's!

Josecast's gridcars

One of Geoff Crammond's Disciples in my opinion...
Yes! That shadow in the back is useless like the front wing 3D view. I like the 2D view for the grid cars.

I know josekast's grid cars and I was using them regularly before joining the community. He is doing an outstanding job with everything he touches no doubt about it.

So the plan is simple (but it will take quite a long time to write) . :) As I can obviously see, we can do a much better job together than me alone. I'm not a person who gets offended that easy:) There is always something new to learn, so please be critical with my work because only in that way we can improve it and the community will benefit from our work.

Let's skip the plan (that you proposed in the first place with minor adjustments)

I will send you a package (unfortunately no sooner than next week -Tuesday I guess, I have another project job related) containing this:

Package 1: - All cars will be edited out with white background (the most painstakingly job in the world) preserving your format (that is all four cars per image). Obviously you can edit them further if you want or see inadvertences

We need to have a very good product. After you will finish your edit part (if there is) please send two or three pictures back for the second phase:

Based on those cars edited by you, I will do this: In order for the tyres to fit the whole car scenery and not to be parachuted from somewhere else we need to add brightness and contrast to them (only to the tyres). So that I have to sort out before re-sending you this:

Package 2: - Pirelli tyres with white background: soft, super soft and hard (Lotus and Mercedes Gp will have their own orange and green stripe tyre). I haven't noticed other cars having distinctive rims. If you do see other cars please tell me. Maybe Lotus Renault.

Now we are almost done. After you have refitted the tyres please shrink them to TGA look (200x50 or less - I had problems with larger ones 201x51 won't open on some computers). I prefer working with .BMP, .TIF and .PNG. If you can save it to one of those formats that would be great. Some .JPG encoders leave grainy stuff all over the picture and for sure another editing phase is not what we want :) or at least I don't want. As I write this flashbacks are popping out with me clearing your black background from previous grid cars version. That was brain surgeon stuff :).

So the wrap this Shakespearean long plan up ;), I will make the transparent background on TGA files, upload them and we're done. Now we (well basically you because of your reputation on diffrent forums) can release it .

One last thing, I think we should drop editing the car with their respective real tyres because I don't have that much time at my disposal to round each and every pixel.

Wow did I wrote this much? :-O looks like an English exam not a plan :) but I think you get the picture.

____
I totaly agree with you.

The only thing I'd like to add is that Sauber's rims are quite distintive as well. Take a peek at the images above.

I'm not totally convinced with the Toro Rosso & McLaren images I posted, so I'll look for more recent ones.

Have a great weekend andreigp4!

Lets try to get this done by the British G.P. I'm sure many will be looking forward to seeing them released....
I am one of them :)

Today I had some spare time and I have completed the tyres (without white specs). I guess they look decent. Maybe I have to repaint Sauber's rims:

Whenever I have time be sure I am working on something. Cheers!(O)

____
Hey airjimracing! Great news!

After one heck of a day I managed to do both some of my work and finish our project.

>>>>Download Here <<<<, instructions in folders and password in PM.

Enjoy!

If you have any problems please write them here. Some cars look, weird at least, :)) don't worry if you fit the tyres we might get the to be more accurate. Erase them if you don't like. That's it for now. Time to focus somewhere else. I'm looking forward for your shrinked cars.

PS: All others do not download this file (it's just raw material). The final release will have no password and will be available for download here on grandprixgames. Thank you!

____
Hey that's great news! I will check them out and edit if necesary.

One little doubt, will you add the rims after I shrink the cars?

I think they should be added after I edit them, so I can resize the image with the rims in place.

I'll post my work tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy