Tracks from f1 2010

Posted by Alessio88 
Tracks from f1 2010
Date: June 03, 2011 12:58PM
Posted by: Alessio88
Hello everybody guys,i saw that we've got cars converted from f1 2010 by codemasters that are quite good,i was wondering if there is the possibility to convert the tracks as well like valencia so we could have a proper valencia track,thanks a lot

Greetings
Alessio
Re: Tracks from f1 2010
Date: June 03, 2011 01:01PM
Posted by: cleberpister
I also like to know ... grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: June 03, 2011 01:38PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Far too many poly's and the tracks are very inaccurate, GP4 has a limit to the number of polys per track, I'm not sure how many but codemasters track poly count is obscene.
Just the track and landscape is around 400,000 faces, that's without any track objects.

F1 2010 is pure arcade., some meshes could be used after heavy optimizing ( they already are appearing in some tracks) ;)
The only thing I've found useful is a couple of textures, and those needed modifying too.

F1Dev
Date: June 03, 2011 02:00PM
Posted by: cleberpister
("The only thing I've found useful is a couple of textures, and those needed modifying too.";)

YES

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: June 03, 2011 02:15PM
Posted by: jucksman
ramf1v Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Far too many poly's and the tracks are very
> inaccurate, GP4 has a limit to the number of polys
> per track, I'm not sure how many but codemasters
> track poly count is obscene.
> Just the track and landscape is around 400,000
> faces, that's without any track objects.
>
> F1 2010 is pure arcade., some meshes could be used
> after heavy optimizing ( they already are
> appearing in some tracks) ;)
> The only thing I've found useful is a couple of
> textures, and those needed modifying too.

I never played f1 2010, but now I wonder: how innacurate are the tracks? I thought that with all that gps mumbo jambo codemasters talked about, they'd be pretty close to real life...
Date: June 03, 2011 03:30PM
Posted by: truecrysis
Some of them are good, some of them are bad. For example monaco, i don't know whether its supposed to be like this, but the tunnel is banked heavily, i thought the tunnel wasn't banked

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: June 03, 2011 03:47PM
Oh, I see...I've been to the tunnel and it's definitely not banked...lol
Do you guys think there will ever be a game to rival GP4? I don't mean the graphics department, because some recent games are really impressive visually, but in sheer simulation and overall 'feel good factor' and AI performance?
Date: June 03, 2011 06:00PM
Posted by: raulongo
To be honest, a friend of mine is a racing driver who raced in most of the tracks (not Monaco) and he told me that they did a pretty awesome job. Notice Korea... the track is almost the same and they did it without any footage... also, I live in Valencia and I travel through the Street Circuit every day and it's pretty the same... elevations, etc. Missing some buildings, but it's 90% perfect.

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Date: June 03, 2011 06:50PM
that's what i'm saying it will be nice to have the circuit maybe it could be possible to convert the buildings and the bridges those type of things,and then put all those converted things into the already existing version of the track the version 2008 i think i'm not sure about the author ;)

Greetings
Alessio
Date: June 03, 2011 07:00PM
There's actually a video at f1 virtual of a highly upgraded version of valencia, but I don't think it will ever be released...
Date: June 03, 2011 08:02PM
yes i saw it,then this version it's already very good to me,i hope to see it released maybe soon ;)

Greetings
Alessio
Date: June 03, 2011 09:24PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Seriously guys .....these things aren't even close.......yes a few track objects could be converted, but why bother when the modeling is so inaccurate.
Codemasters forum is full of console kiddie opinions, blurting out drivel about what they think and don't think about the tracks
(this is why codemasters can actually sell this piece of @#$%&).
Take any single track and load it up in 3ds max, and look at the finer details, and you will see how many corners have been cut.
Codemasters talk the talk...they definitely don't walk the walk...they are simply full of @#$%&....and a certain audience actually buy this.

F1Dev
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy