Date: February 17, 2003 11:59AM
Posted by: tonyburns
ive never seen any black flags during the race
were are the settings in the game to turn them on
nuff respect
Re: black flags
Date: February 17, 2003 12:45PM
Posted by: CMJH69
Black flags appear when you cut corners or do a short cut. A black flag will appear in the left corner of your screen for 10 seconds during which your speed will be capped so u cant go above a certain speed. After the 10 seconds your speed will go back to usual.

Date: February 17, 2003 01:34PM
Posted by: broders
black flag sucks.

i only just missed the apex at the 1st chicane at monza and it gave me a black flag. only the replay showed i was just a little wrong!

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: February 17, 2003 02:57PM
Posted by: LarryM
yes. Monza is cruel. But try the chicane at Suzuka. You can drive straight across the green and no black flag. Inconsistent isn't it?

Larry
AMD 3000+,Epox EP-8RDA,Ram 1536mb 333 DDr, Rad 9800 pro omega 2.4.96, dx9b, Audigy, MOMO FF,winxp
Date: February 17, 2003 06:04PM
Posted by: metal-mike
That black system is bollocks. Every other F1 game introduced proper stop/go penalties years ago.

And Monza is the worst culprit. I got PUSHED!!!! off the track at the first corner and got a penalty for chrissakes! :D
Date: February 17, 2003 11:18PM
Posted by: Morbid
Well I guess it doesn't need answering, who pushed you, since YOU got penalized.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 18, 2003 03:13AM
Posted by: 40fan
I agree with all that disapprove black flags in certain places (eg. monza first chicane); infact, using track editor, i simply remove black flag commands from sector and no penalty will applicate when cut the chicane); is not user friendly but is better than nothing.
Date: February 19, 2003 09:47AM
Posted by: Glyn
How does the game calculate the black flags anyway? Is it speed related? For example if you enter a black flag zone over the specified limit you get a black flag.

Date: February 19, 2003 09:49AM
Posted by: Morbid
There is a zone, and the penalty is triggered by speed.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: February 19, 2003 10:23AM
Posted by: marcl
I was driving in Melbourne and i went up a curb whilst accelerating and got a black flag i did not even touch the grass it was just my 2 right wheels on it.

And yet in imola u can totaly miss the last corner by going str8 down the old road and not get a black flag, yet cut the last corner and get one strange
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy